Value of: Criminals to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Serious question, is the Brendan Lemieux experiment over? He seems like the type you're looking for and you already have him.

Reactions: HabsQC

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Please stop.........

The Kings problem of missing the right skill and playing hockey from the 70's can't be fixed by adding goons from the 70's
We have Lemieux and he is rarely played. How about we start here?

They won 2 cups recently with toughness on those teams tho...

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
But you're not getting physical and productive players in their mid 20's for Kempe and Walker though. If the Kings are desperate, and someone wants to take a chance that Vilardi has potential left, then you have to pull the trigger on it. Or, just live with what you got. Or, grab another 4th line warm body who might hit someone for a mid rd pick.

It wasnt just limited to Kempe and walker though was it? I pretty much said anyone bar the three top prospect was up for discussion.

Perhaps i dont rate Miller as high as everyone else (partly due to the retirement contract he will want in two years) but no i wouldnt move villardi for him.

Wait.. Dustin Brown is still on the team. What happened to him?

You also traded away Boko. He's pure piss and vinegar.

Still potting goals but the physical intimidating game has disappeared.

I know, boko is probably too one dimensional for what im after. The man is one scary mf, but the rest of his game isnt.

Serious question, is the Brendan Lemieux experiment over? He seems like the type you're looking for and you already have him.

Hes going well, just out (injured?). Id like another physical presence in the top six.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
What's Riley Sheahan up to these days?
7KoTj.jpeg

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
They won 2 cups recently with toughness on those teams tho...

Yes, because we had 2 scoring line with 30+ goals scoring players as well.

Now people want to fix the problem of years of non scoring with toughness.

I wonder if it occurs to someone at some point to try highly skilled wingers to fix that issue

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm surprised a Flames fan has not come in saying Zadorov. So this me getting in front of it and saying no.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Lemieux has been great but he's been out with an injury? Covid? We don't really know.

Key targets would include:

Zack Kassian
Nick Ritchie
Brendan Dillion
Kyle Clifford
Lawson Crouse
Miles Wood

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lemieux has been great but he's been out with an injury? Covid? We don't really know.

Key targets would include:

Zack Kassian
Nick Ritchie
Brendan Dillion
Kyle Clifford
Lawson Crouse
Miles Wood

ship has sailed on clifford, he is hanging on in the NHL at this point. Kassian I could be convinced on but his contract is gross.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It wasnt just limited to Kempe and walker though was it? I pretty much said anyone bar the three top prospect was up for discussion.

Perhaps i dont rate Miller as high as everyone else (partly due to the retirement contract he will want in two years) but no i wouldnt move villardi for him.

Still potting goals but the physical intimidating game has disappeared.

I know, boko is probably too one dimensional for what im after. The man is one scary mf, but the rest of his game isnt.

Hes going well, just out (injured?). Id like another physical presence in the top six.
Think your ask and what you are prepared to give up do not match up.
Any team that has a shot at the playoffs are keeping their mid 20 year olds.
So what you are looking at are teams that are in rebuild mode. Like NJ was when they dealt a Coleman for Foote and a first to TB. And Coleman was there for just 2 playoff runs and left for a big payday.

Otherwise you are looking at more bottom 6 type guys.

guys in their mid 20’s will be due to hit ufa shortly so you do have to be prepared to pay them for their ufa years soon.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Yes, because we had 2 scoring line with 30+ goals scoring players as well.

Now people want to fix the problem of years of non scoring with toughness.

I wonder if it occurs to someone at some point to try highly skilled wingers to fix that issue

I think you are mistaking my intent. I dont want to goon it up, i just want a heartbeat.

We have skill in spades coming through the system with all the youth.

We also have Doughty getting felt up in the corner and no one bats an eyelid. That is not a great way to insulate that youth coming though.

A guy like a younger nic foligno or evander kane without baggage would be great. Guys that put up points but dont put up with bullshit, and can help manage a game.

Or are you happy if the next guy is Byfield, Turcotte or Kaliev etc that doesnt at least get dinner and a movie first?

The bigger Lhd is also a pretty obvious ingredient that we lack.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Think your ask and what you are prepared to give up do not match up.
Any team that has a shot at the playoffs are keeping their mid 20 year olds.
So what you are looking at are teams that are in rebuild mode. Like NJ was when they dealt a Coleman for Foote and a first to TB. And Coleman was there for just 2 playoff runs and left for a big payday.

Otherwise you are looking at more bottom 6 type guys.

guys in their mid 20’s will be due to hit ufa shortly so you do have to be prepared to pay them for their ufa years soon.

You are right, but it doesnt hurt to ask and see whats out there.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What physical players are available that can play a regular shift. Ideally after a top 6 winger and a top 4 LD. Both with a bit of piss n vinegar to their game. Preferably in their mid twenties.

Byfield, Turcotte and Clarke are off the table but pretty much everyone else is up for discussion.

Who's available?
vilardi for greenway?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Don’t think the Kings are real keen on moving any of the Byfield, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kaliyev or Kupari group. Akil Thomas is hurt. So what’s left?if you want a center. JAD? Dudas? If you’re looking for D Clarke and Faber aren’t going anywhere.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad