Value of: Criminals to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Please stop.........

The Kings problem of missing the right skill and playing hockey from the 70's can't be fixed by adding goons from the 70's
We have Lemieux and he is rarely played. How about we start here?
LA could use a bottom 6 physical type. Someone for the third line, not necessarily a top 6 guy. These are easier to find. Having lemieux and somebody else would be nice.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I have a very different opinion about goons.
The Doughty collision also have happened with Hulk Hogan in our Lineup.
From my point of view this was not intentional anyways.

Beside that, the Refs are the ones responsible for punishment.
If our team would have at least half a scoring winger or coaching, St.Louis would 2-3 goals back in return
on the 5 min powerplay.

And this is where my argument is. Nobody is afraid of our powerplay so they run rampage.
I will always remember the 90's Red Wings. They had a reporter going into the Pittsburgh locker room in a game vs the Red Wings.
He went to the white board and showed to the camera the big fat "DO NOT touch #91"
This is the team image i go for and that requires coaching competence and players to execute.
We have neither and Goons are not the answer
Guys are always going to test, and accidents physical and otherwise are going to happen. But having a couple guys that hit, fight, stick up for their teammates, etc
The whole team plays better as a whole.
The rest of the team feels a little taller, and everyone’s blood gets up. Take it from a NYR fan. As far as overall team passion.
It’s night and day from last year to this.
Straight goons are pretty useless. But physical players who fight and throw the body, that can also play hockey, will always be in demand.
Ask any goalie how much they love having big physical D- men

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
LA could use a bottom 6 physical type. Someone for the third line, not necessarily a top 6 guy. These are easier to find. Having lemieux and somebody else would be nice.
In general i agree with that.
Lemieux is an excellent brawler but is also able to play hockey.
If we can find another one like that for a reasonable price i am fine with that.
Lemieux - Danauld - ??? would look mighty good on the 4th line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad