Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'm not sure anyone is going to really struggle.

If I were to guess, maybe Auston and Morgan.

These are the annointed leaders, Morgan I can see suck it up, but Auston's 90% effort likely won't cut it.

Why do people just lie? What 90% effort?

Can anyone also give me a time Berube held players responsible?

I'm expecting everyone to get sat this season the way people are talking.

All I know is he called out some players and then played them 20 minutes a night the next night.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Why do people just lie? What 90% effort?

Can anyone also give me a time Berube held players responsible?

I'm expecting everyone to get sat this season the way people are talking.

All I know is he called out some players and then played them 20 minutes a night the next night.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I see nothing here that confirms it... he scratches players and not the players he called out?

Want to point me to the part where he scratched players that were not giving effort and that is the reason?

Maybe I missed it...

Where is the lie?

What percent effort do you think?

100%... The fact he won a Hart and Lindsay while playing at 90% is amazing.

He's probably the best player in the league if he is at 100%, right?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What’s at stake in this bet?
Could make it a charity bet. Loser has to donate to winner's charity of choice.

Wasn't that St. Louis article written 6 months before Berube...won a Stanley Cup?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Where did you get that 100%?

Every shift he plays at 100%?

Where'd you get the 90%?

This is the absolute dumbest argument.

Sure, he is giving 90%, he wanted to let McDavid have the title of the best player in the world, if Matthews wanted to, he'd take it, but he feels too selfish doing that.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Where did you get that 100%?

Every shift he plays at 100%?

Where'd you get the 90%?

Sure, he is giving 90%, he wanted to let McDavid have the title of the best player in the world, if Matthews wanted to, he'd take it, but he feels too selfish doing that.
My Walmart Effort-A-Tron has him at 94.7%.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Where'd you get the 90%?

I doubt you find 1 player who gives 100% * 100% of the time.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

And perhaps you aren't aware the original question was a "set up".

It was a fishing trip ...

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'm not sure anyone is going to really struggle.

If I were to guess, maybe Auston and Morgan.

These are the annointed leaders, Morgan I can see suck it up, but Auston's 90% effort likely won't cut it.

Score 69 goals only trying 90%. Matthews must be the GOAT hockey player if he gave 100%

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Not necessarily the way it works. That 10% effort that is missing might not be related to his offence, but physical play, making hits, winning puck battles, skating hard etc.

I think Matthews wins like 100% of puck battles and is near the top in hit and blocked shots among our forwards. He is a Selke Finalist...and he led the league in goals and the team in points. He has won a Hart Trophy and was in consideration this year. Three Richards.

You think his effort is lacking?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

So fanboy sources. Doesn't say much if the "journalist" has no credentials. Not that it would if they did have them.

Let's just watch and see what happens.

Maybe we'll be begging to get Keefe back, but I really doubt that.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think Matthews wins like 100% of puck battles and is near the top in hit and blocked shots among our forwards. He is a Selke Finalist...and he led the league in goals and the team in points. He has won a Hart Trophy and was in consideration this year. Three Richards.

You think his effort is lacking?
Be interesting to see if he changes anything this year wearing the C.

Goes into scrums sticking up for mates rather than the other way around.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Be interesting to see if he changes anything this year wearing the C.

Goes into scrums sticking up for mates rather than the other way around.

Yeah, I somehow feel we might get something more from him with the C. I don't know that it is more effort, but leadership.

...scrums, sticking up for teammates as you said. Will he hold others accountable for effort or soft play? I hope so and I don't think JT did those things.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, I somehow feel we might get something more from him with the C. I don't know that it is more effort, but leadership.

...scrums, sticking up for teammates as you said. Will he hold others accountable for effort or soft play? I hope so and I don't think JT did those things.
JT probably saw what happened to Keefe when he tried to hold players accountable, snd said “well I’m nit saying shit and then I won’t have to apologize the next day……..”

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
JT probably saw what happened to Keefe when he tried to hold players accountable, snd said “well I’m nit saying shit and then I won’t have to apologize the next day……..”

It will be interesting to see new GM (first true off-season for Tre), new coach(es), and new captain. I also like Marner and Tavares playing for their contracts this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad