Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Something I just noticed - the exhibition game in Germany takes place before the final two preseason games.

I guess this means we won't see a lot of cuts before the end of the preseason since we will still need to ice a full team for those two games. More or less extra preseason games for the Roch group.

Unless I'm missing something?
They've basically come out and said that the final 2 preseason games here in the States will basically be played by guys who aren't on the main squad.

So it'll be Rochester minus a couple of insurance bodies (Kulich, RyJo, Levi/Reimer, Bryson/Gilbert, etc).

I imagine that Sanderson gets one of the final 2 games in net while Houser takes the other.

I think the only "cuts" we'll see is us sending guys like Ratzlaff, Leenders, Brunet, Panocha, etc back to their junior teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They've basically come out and said that the final 2 preseason games here in the States will basically be played by guys who aren't on the main squad.

So it'll be Rochester minus a couple of insurance bodies (Kulich, RyJo, Levi/Reimer, Bryson/Gilbert, etc).

I imagine that Sanderson gets one of the final 2 games in net while Houser takes the other.

I think the only "cuts" we'll see is us sending guys like Ratzlaff, Leenders, Brunet, Panocha, etc back to their junior teams.

I could actually see Ratzlaff getting a long look and potentially getting part of a pre-season game.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I could actually see Ratzlaff getting a long look and potentially getting part of a pre-season game.
Yeah, I had misread/thought their schedule. I thought that the Sabres would leave for Europe after their 4th preseason game against Ottawa.......but that leaves them a stupidly short turnaround to play Red Bull Munich the next day.

So it looks like we're going to get 3 preseason games in the States then head over. Ratzlaff getting some of or all of one of the final 3 preseason games sure seems like a bit of a safe bet.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
According to Hamilton on WGR right now, lines at first practice are:

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Benson-Cozens-Quinn
Zucker-Krebs-Greenway
Lafferty-McLeod-Aube-Kubel
Malenstyn, Kulich
That is not too surprising to me.

The only thing that is interesting to me is McLeod with Lafferty and NAK as opposed to McLeod with Zucker and Greenway, Lafferty between Malenstyn & NAK, and Krebs as the extra with Kulich.

:dunno:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Buffalo Sabres

Can the scoring bounce back? The Sabres didn’t add a top-six forward this summer, instead banking on bounce-back seasons from Tage Thompson, Alex Tuch and Dylan Cozens along with continued growth from players like JJ Peterka and Jack Quinn. General manager Kevyn Adams is betting an improved fourth line and Lindy Ruff’s coaching will be enough to get the Sabres back closer to the offensive team they were in 2022-23. — Matthew Fairburn

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
PH also saw these pairs together:

Sammy - Clifton
Byram - Jokiharju
Bryson - Gilbert
Power

He thought maybe Power was expected to go with Dahlin.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
PH also saw these pairs together:

Sammy - Clifton
Byram - Jokiharju
Bryson - Gilbert
Power

He thought maybe Power was expected to go with Dahlin.
I think I am higher on the idea of Power with Dahlin than a lot of people.

And Samuelsson-Clifton makes sense to me as a 3rd pair.

Not upgrading on Jokiharju this offseason remains a bigger issue to me than not getting top 6 winger. Hopefully Henri clicks with Byram. But, there are legit concerns about how Jokiharju will fit as the 4th D and having to play with Byram, Power, or Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad