Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Not sure I understand this take. Reimer has been a more than adequate NHL backup, something the Sabres need desperately.
He hasn't been good in a few years, always seems to let in a back breaking goals and is mentally fragile. I like Adams addressing the goalie gap but he missed big on it.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
He hasn't been good in a few years, always seems to let in a back breaking goals and is mentally fragile. I like Adams addressing the goalie gap but he missed big on it.
Huh? These seem like very good stats for a backup. And every goalie lets in bad goals.

Reimer.png

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Three seasons ago was his last good year. SJS is bad, he gets some leeway there but last year with Detroit, he wasn't very good. Hope he proves me wrong but it feels like another Hutton/Dell/Comrie move.
Which 'magic bean' would you have preferred? These types are mostly interchangeable year to year, they likely weren't going to attract the highest quality backup (if any were even available), knowing that its UPL's net and that Levi will get his starts/knocking on the door too.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Which 'magic bean' would you have preferred? These types are mostly interchangeable year to year, they likely weren't going to attract the highest quality backup (if any were even available), knowing that its UPL's net and that Levi will get his starts/knocking on the door too.
Ideally Stolarz or Wedgewood. Stolarz on a 1 year 4 million deal might have enticed him. Wedgewood on a two year 2 or 2.5 per year deal.

Regardless, this seems to have deviated.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Three seasons ago was his last good year. SJS is bad, he gets some leeway there but last year with Detroit, he wasn't very good. Hope he proves me wrong but it feels like another Hutton/Dell/Comrie move.
Not to beat you up here buddy but those were pretty bad SJ and Det teams defensively. Whether the Sabres will be a better defensive team is still up in the air but the personnel is certainly better here.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It all depends on how you measure goalies.

Anthony at xBuffalo did a deep dive on goalies and one thing that blew his mind was that Reimer was one of the most consistent goalies year to year when factoring in the team in front of him.

The worst case scenario is that Reimer is toast and that just allows Levi to be the back-up.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Not to beat you up here buddy but those were pretty bad SJ and Det teams defensively. Whether the Sabres will be a better defensive team is still up in the air but the personnel is certainly better here.
I gave him some leeway for SJS, they were flat out bad. Detroit was much better defensively and he reversed to league average goaltending. I hope he can be stable for us as Devon could use one more year, I just don't think Reimer has it anymore after watching him last year.

Reactions: Matt Ress

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Something I just noticed - the exhibition game in Germany takes place before the final two preseason games.

I guess this means we won't see a lot of cuts before the end of the preseason since we will still need to ice a full team for those two games. More or less extra preseason games for the Roch group.

Unless I'm missing something?

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad