Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
They don't care of winning in the playoffs, because they only get paid for the regular season. Once the money ends so does the motivation with the results.

Confucius says " Players with big paycheques, carry small sticks into the playoffs" , but new big golf clubs into the early offseason to enjoy their wealthy lifestyle and long summers off.

I think MLSE and Leafs new CEO has realized this and change is coming to Toronto. IMO

PS. Easier said then done when players have NMC, but where there is a will there is a way.
OMG! You Sir, have won the argument!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You're going to be disappointed if you're expecting all 4 of them to be moved.
They already have their money, what's their regular season motivation?
2 of the players have Brad Treliving's name on the bottom of their player contracts and 2 have Kyle Dubas.

The ones the GM didn't sign are the 2 most vulnerable to face change because those were not his choices but his inherited projects.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
So Keefe didn't have to walk back comments after he brought up the short comings?

I think the Golden "Boys" will have some butt hurt that others have already experienced with demotions / benching.
What the HELL does that have to do with my comment?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Did the coffee thing happened last week? or Today.

Bc if it happened last week and only been leaked today, the leak was either Leafs PR or MM's PR

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Dubas was the next young hire. He had offers to interview from both Colorado and Arizona. It’s part of why he was promoted. Shanahan didn’t want to lose him. If Dubas wasn’t promoted it was a lock he was getting hired the next vacancy round. In hindsight, Shanahan should have let him go to Colorado. Keeping Lou around wouldn’t have been the worst thing.

As for Kelly, I think Kelly did what was best for himself. Why would he intentionally put himself in a 3 man race with Dubas, Hunter and Himself? Kelly made the best decision for himself so he could fast track to becoming an NHL GM. Don’t really think it had much to do with the organization as opposed to potentially limiting his growth by having to compete with 2 other AGM’s
In hindsight, Kyle’s move with Colorado that got him the GM job should have been seen by Shanny as the big red flag that it was, and he should have been cut loose then.

Kid has a chance to learn at the knee of Lou in the biggest market in hockey, but instead he power plays an offer from another team. To get that offer, he had to be interviewing pretty hard.

All of this was Kyle putting Kyle first.

Same guy negotiates to have the contracts of 3 of the core 4 either be up for renewal or up for no-trade at the same time his deal is up and when that would have a high risk of hurting the team if he isn’t renewed, then he makes a power play thinking he has the leverage.

In hindsight, again, it looks like some of the advantages those players got, in terms of no trades and contract lengths, may have coincidentally benefitted the leverage position of the guy who used leverage to get the job in the first place.

Coincidence for sure.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
You're going to be disappointed if you're expecting all 4 of them to be moved.
They already have their money, what's their regular season motivation?
The real question is what’s the reason for their playoff failure

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So Keefe didn't have to walk back comments after he brought up the short comings?

I think the Golden "Boys" will have some butt hurt that others have already experienced with demotions / benching.
It would be refreshing if when the Divas mail it in the coach doesn’t bench some random 4th liner to make a point………

2 of the players have Brad Treliving's name on the bottom of their player contracts and 2 have Kyle Dubas.

The ones the GM didn't sign are the 2 most vulnerable to face change because those were not his choices but his inherited projects.
Excellent point……

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
And the plot thickens………

Lol a random dude leaked it.. it’s not that deep.
Well if it was taken last week, why would a random dude leaked it a week later and not right away. That’s my question.

Like if any hockey fans saw MM and Berube having coffee and recognized them, he/she would leak them right away. Heck, that person might even do a live stream, lol.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They are really going to run this f***ing core 4 back aren’t they?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Be prepared for a run it back.
I don’t believe they will change until I see it. They’ve given me no reason (despite what they say) to believe them.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They are scared sh$tless. They know Marner is a popular player and he sells merchandise. That’s all they really care about.
The apathy will be at a high. Look at what is happening with the Jays and Raps. Leafs fans are tired of watching the same rerun for 8 years. They cannot run it back and they know it (God I hope so).

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
The apathy will be at a high. Look at what is happening with the Jays and Raps. Leafs fans are tired of watching the same rerun for 8 years. They cannot run it back and they know it (God I hope so).
Oh they won’t run it back, Kampf will be traded to shake the foundations of MLSE

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I’m just one fan, but if they run it back I am out for a bit. Will take a regular season break.

Waste so much time with these guys.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
They are scared sh$tless. They know Marner is a popular player and he sells merchandise. That’s all they really care about.
damn right their scared shitless but not because Marner is popular and sells merch , if they trade him and it blows up in their face the whole lot of them will be looking for new jobs

if you take a good look at our team , their isn't much there past M and M and Willie

Reactions: studebaker17

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

“If it was a country club before, I would say the country club is probably over…”Mike Commodore shares his thoughts on the Leafs hiring Craig Berube.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
damn right their scared shitless but not because Marner is popular and sells merch , if they trade him and it blows up in their face the whole lot of them will be looking for new jobs

if you take a good look at our team , their isn't much there past M and M and Willie
There’s not much there either. This team as currently constructed has won 1 playoff round in 8 years. Who cares if we “win” a Marner trade, something needs to give and it’s one of the big ticket guys. Marner is the logical choice based on his inability to adapt to playoff hockey. The other two have the ability to change based on size and strength, whether they do is another story

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad