Coyotes Tempe arena project rejected by public referendum - will remain at Mullett Arena for 2023-24

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Sad to see.

The fans deserved a lot better. Really sucks to see a fanbase lose their team when they had only a handful of watchable hockey years.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
They sold out every game. At least have the decency to avoid making up obvious bullshit when trying to dump on fans you consider to be beneath you.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah right , I tuned often this season due to standings , if they sold out why the arena was half empty in the middle of the third period most of the time?

Also 5000 , thats nothing to brag about

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah right , I tuned often this season due to standings , if they sold out why the arena was half empty in the middle of the third period most of the time?

Also 5000 , thats nothing to brag about

People don't always remain in their seats during a game.

Also, nobody's bragging. I'm not even a fan of the Coyotes. I'm merely pointing out that you're posting obviously disprovable falsehoods in attempt to grind your dull axe. :thumbu:

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People don't always remain in their seats during a game.

Also, nobody's bragging. I'm not even a fan of the Coyotes. I'm merely pointing out that you're posting obviously disprovable falsehoods in attempt to grind your dull axe. :thumbu:
Im sorry but if half the crowd the third period is missing when its 3-2 Coyotes , then they are simply not there. People only miss like the first 2 minutes most of the time.

Finding excuses when there is none.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
The fact half of their cap is dead money gives the league some interesting options.

As it would rather fold the coyotes and sell a new franchise.

I'm very high but hear me out, could they not fold the team

Let them keep any assets they want

Offer the remainder out at 50% or even 25% the cap for draft capital (retained by expansion team)

Reactions: robertocarlos

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The only lifeline would be if the new Suns' owner would be willing to share the arena with the Coyotes. However, I think he would probably want to purchase the Coyotes for pennies on the dollar before renovating the arena for hockey.

The Coyotes would play out of Mullet Arena until the renovations are complete.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
They cannot move simply because they have the best logo & jerseys in professional sports. I pray that if they ever relocate they aren’t rebranded

I can assure you that they are going to be rebranded into the dumbest, shittiest looking garbage a modern design student can come up with after a night spent huffing glue.

Xanlet

Apr 16, 2013
B.C.
I don’t understand why people hate Arizona so much and now gloat about them potentially losing their team.

It’s really not like this has every effected them. Canadians seem to think that Arizona is the reason Quebec doesn’t have a team. The Nordiques haven’t been a team since 1995. The NHL had expanded several times since then without giving them a team back.

It’s not happening.
In 2009 a Canadian billionaire offered to buy the bankrupt Coyotes on the condition he was able to move them to Canada. Bettman decided he'd rather fight tooth and nail in the courts to have the league itself assume ownership of a bankrupt franchise for multiple years rather than have the team, which was clearly not viable in Arizona, be purchased by a Canadian and moved to Canada. That's when I soured on the Coyotes.

The league sets the rules of play, assigns officials, determines suspensions, in short, it's the very platform on which the games are played. The idea that it could own a franchise itself, for multiple seasons, is abhorrent and an affront to the idea of fairness and impartiality of the league.

There should be no confusion why people hate the Coyotes and the shenanigans the league pulled with them.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Really sad for the Yotes fans. I had a little cousin who became a fan of hockey by going to Yotes games growing up. He eventually turned into a decent college player himself.

If they relocate - just absolutely NO to Atlanta. It’s a terrible sports town. They barely support the Hawks. You aren’t gonna find any “new” hockey fans there after the other two failures. They simply don’t care, and never will.

Houston does make some sense, as does SLC. I also still have never understood why Quebec doesn’t work anymore - but I’m an American, so what do I know, lol.

One upside to a potential Yotes move is that it would eliminate this sad “cap floor” team that takes in everyone else’s whacky, inflated contracts. It’s dumb for the competitive integrity of the league that the franchise exists to bail out bad GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad