TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is it wrong that I'd prefer to add Hayes over Duchene? Could be too many years of playing against big C's who made my life miserable.
No, not really. The way it sounds, Hayes could have been Chayka's first choice, but there is no comparison in player in my eyes. Duchene is a lower tier 1C, something we have not had in years, but man is he going to get paid.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Columbus owes Ottawa their 2020 first rounder if they re-sign Duchene. That could be a damn good pick considering they're losing Bobrovsky and Panarin this year. Might be better to just walk away and hang on to that pick.

Columbus also has just 2 picks in this year's draft -- a third rounder and a seventh rounder. Maybe it'd be better for us if we threw them a conditional pick(s) to get in Duchene's ear early to not only avoid a bidding war but also sell him on Arizona. Do the same thing we did with Goligoski. Fly him in, have a Duchene #95 Coyotes jersey ready to go, show him around, show Mrs. Duchene houses, etc.

Reactions: Name Nameless

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Is it wrong that I'd prefer to add Hayes over Duchene? Could be too many years of playing against big C's who made my life miserable.
Depends on how the final numbers shakeout, but I think there is an easy argument to form for that. Either would be a great add though.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
He’s not signing anywhere for less than 10m per. And he’s getting max term of 7yrs.
You may be correct and if that's the case, we need not worrry about Duschene, unless there is new ownership.
Edit: sorry for overstating the obvious

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Columbus owes Ottawa their 2020 first rounder if they re-sign Duchene. That could be a damn good pick considering they're losing Bobrovsky and Panarin this year. Might be better to just walk away and hang on to that pick.

Columbus also has just 2 picks in this year's draft -- a third rounder and a seventh rounder. Maybe it'd be better for us if we threw them a conditional pick(s) to get in Duchene's ear early to not only avoid a bidding war but also sell him on Arizona. Do the same thing we did with Goligoski. Fly him in, have a Duchene #95 Coyotes jersey ready to go, show him around, show Mrs. Duchene houses, etc.
#95? No, no. You gotta let him have #9.

We’re the Arizona team now. What have the Hulls done for the team here in Arizona? If that number is currency, we need to use it. We can ship the Hull banner back to Winnipeg. Or keep it “honored”. Makes no difference to me. It’s been nearly a quarter century since the move and Winnipeg has their own team now.

Hell, call Brett Hull and pay HIM to come out and hand Duchene the #9 jersey. He’ll do it. It’s Brett Hull. Just pay him.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He’s not signing anywhere for less than 10m per. And he’s getting max term of 7yrs.
The numbers crunched by Evolving Wild say he deserves 6 x $7.0 so a 7 x $10.0 contract would be a big over payment. I don't think Chayka would go that far. He's been really good with handing out contracts.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
#95? No, no. You gotta let him have #9.

We’re the Arizona team now. What have the Hulls done for the team here in Arizona? If that number is currency, we need to use it. We can ship the Hull banner back to Winnipeg. Or keep it “honored”. Makes no difference to me. It’s been nearly a quarter century since the move and Winnipeg has their own team now.

Hell, call Brett Hull and pay HIM to come out and hand Duchene the #9 jersey. He’ll do it. It’s Brett Hull. Just pay him.

Keller?

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Saw a good point on the main board that maybe Duchene takes less than 7 years so he can get another contract after. A six-year deal would take him to age 34 so he can get another multi-year deal afterward and not be victimized by the 35+ rule.

Reactions: Heldig and Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Bahahaha. Not my fault. I’m blaming the Norovirus that hit my one year old five days ago, my four year old four days ago, my wife three days ago and me two days ago. I haven’t slept in four days. This entire week has been like a fever dream.

The real dick kicker? I had the whole week off for “vacation”, anyhow. We spent thousands of dollars on travel and lodging for the entire family to spend the week alternating between kneeling in front of or sitting on the pot, in absolute misery. Hahaha.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The numbers crunched by Evolving Wild say he deserves 6 x $7.0 so a 7 x $10.0 contract would be a big over payment. I don't think Chayka would go that far. He's been really good with handing out contracts.
Evolving Wild’s number have some serious problems then. Haha. There is a zero percent chance Matt Duchene signs for less than Jeff Skinner. Sometimes we all have to back away from the spreadsheets and let our eyes readjust. ;)

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Bahahaha. Not my fault. I’m blaming the Norovirus that hit my one year old five days ago, my four year old four days ago, my wife three days ago and me two days ago. I haven’t slept in four days. This entire week has been like a fever dream.

Man thats rough. Sorry to hear that man!

The real dick kicker? I had the whole week off for “vacation”, anyhow. We spent thousands of dollars on travel and lodging for the entire family to spend the week alternating between kneeling in front of or sitting on the pot, in absolute misery. Hahaha.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Advice when your little one is here, AVOID THE AIRPORT! Haha. Next time you’re flying and you hear paranoid parents screaming at their children not to touch anything and are compulsively hand sanitizing every inch of them-remember me.

Will do for sure! I meet my lil man next month so maybe if we're lucky, I'll buy him a Duchene jersey :naughty:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
gallyschmaltzkells.jpg

And OEL and Duchene and you have a PowerPlay. Even despite John MacLean I would guess.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
No different than when we were looking at JVR. It is one thing to say that there is a specific player who is #1 on your list. I just hope that is a reciprocal feeling from the player.

I'm not convinced enough that we have the ability to pull Duchene off, even if a capital investment is on its way. I just think we may be better off with targeting a cheaper player in Nyquist, Lee, Ferland and Connolly. I don't think we are that terribly poor off regarding some of our C depth. Obviously, picking up Duchene allows us to move other pieces around, but I only see this as the information that Duchene is our top target and nothing further than that.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
What is the maximum you would give up for Duchene’s rights? A conditional second?

I mean, if he’s our primary target, let’s go all out.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What is the maximum you would give up for Duchene’s rights? A conditional second?

I mean, if he’s our primary target, let’s go all out.
I don’t see a scenario where he doesn’t make it to July 1st. He’s going to JT PJ this summer. We are going to see this from the top couple of guys every summer now. The JT hype was a goldmine for the league and the players. Agents and owners will both be pushing for it.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
We're officially in.... agents feed (mis?)information to national sports writers in hopes of driving maximum value for clients.... season.

Duchene/Coyotes likely fit this narrative.

Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad