Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To
Arizona
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Pierre Engvall

To
Toronto
Crouse
Lyubushkin

Leafs get two really solid players to plug into the line up and the Coyotes get a 1st, 2nd, and a solid third liner in Engvall. Would this be enough ?

Reactions: nturn06

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
As a Yotes fan I would definitely consider this, in the ballpark at least. Crouse is the wild card, I think worth a mid-round first, TOR's first will be late round though (almost a 2nd) so I am not sure as is.

With Crouse, he was a mid round first, this year he's showing he very well may become a 20-25 goal power forward, kind of like a not as good version of Tom Wilson (but one who also doesn't get suspended or play dirty so that is good). Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

Good offer, maybe add another second or something and I'd take it. Or maybe Bunting instead of Engvall. Or better yet offer another first and a cap dump, that's how we roll these days. Either way definitely a good place to start from

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
As a Yotes fan I would definitely consider this, in the ballpark at least. Crouse is the wild card, I think worth a mid-round first, TOR's first will be late round though (almost a 2nd) so I am not sure as is.

With Crouse, he was a mid round first, this year he's showing he very well may become a 20-25 goal power forward, kind of like a not as good version of Tom Wilson (but one who also doesn't get suspended or play dirty so that is good). Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

Good offer, maybe add another second or something and I'd take it. Or maybe Bunting instead of Engvall. Or better yet offer another first and a cap dump, that's how we roll these days. Either way definitely a good place to start from
Any team that offers a first for crouse will be a cup contender, therefore making it a late first. He's not a player a team squeaking in the playoffs can afford to trade for, for a first. Last year Bennett was traded at the same age crouse is now, and got a meh prospect and a 2nd. They've had similar numbers, but Bennett also plays center, and had a higher draft pedigree, even though it doesn't mean much this far after their drafts.

Crouse was a mid-first, but that was 6 and a half years ago, and he's basically become a middle-6 energy guy. Calling him a 30-35 goal scorer for sure is a bit of a hyperbole given his career high is 15.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To
Arizona
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Pierre Engvall

To
Toronto
Crouse
Lyubushkin

Leafs get two really solid players to plug into the line up and the Coyotes get a 1st, 2nd, and a solid third liner in Engvall. Would this be enough ?
Meh..seen alot worse proposals. This isn't bad

Reactions: banks

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Any team that offers a first for crouse will be a cup contender, therefore making it a late first. He's not a player a team squeaking in the playoffs can afford to trade for, for a first. Last year Bennett was traded at the same age crouse is now, and got a meh prospect and a 2nd. They've had similar numbers, but Bennett also plays center, and had a higher draft pedigree, even though it doesn't mean much this far after their drafts.

Crouse was a mid-first, but that was 6 and a half years ago, and he's basically become a middle-6 energy guy. Calling him a 30-35 goal scorer for sure is a bit of a hyperbole given his career high is 15.

Read what I wrote. I said if Crouse plays with Matthews and Marner he'll get to 30-35 goals but otherwise 20-25 (this year he has 9 goals in 36 games eg 20G pace currently playing with Johan Larsson as his center). Unless you think Matthews = Larsson? Happy to do a 1-1 hockey trade with you, we definitely have the cap space.

Agree with the rest of your logic argument. But I do personally think Crouse is worth slightly more than what OP offered. I don't mind keeping him, he's a good player

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Read what I wrote. I said if Crouse plays with Matthews and Marner he'll get to 30-35 goals but otherwise 20-25 (this year he has 9 goals in 36 games eg 20G pace currently playing with Johan Larsson as his center). Unless you think Matthews = Larsson? Happy to do a 1-1 hockey trade with you, we definitely have the cap space.

Agree with the rest of your logic argument. But I do personally think Crouse is worth slightly more than what OP offered. I don't mind keeping him, he's a good player
You said: Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

That is a hyperbole. I'm not a leafs fan, I'm just disagreeing with you calling a guy who's never scored 16 goals in an nhl season (I understand pace, but he's never actually done it) a for sure 30 goal scorer in a different scenario.

Reactions: Ciao and NHL WAR

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You said: Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

That is a hyperbole. I'm not a leafs fan, I'm just disagreeing with you calling a guy who's never scored 16 goals in an nhl season (I understand pace, but he's never actually done it) a for sure 30 goal scorer in a different scenario.

Sounds good, we can disagree. I just think that if you put ME on a line with Matthews and Marner I'd score 10-15 goals on the season. And I played goalie

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’d rather just keep Crouse. But this is clearly adequate value, and something Arizona would strongly consider, I think. Me as a fan? I’m not sure I see the point. Odds aren’t great you get a unique asset like Crouse with those pieces. The % chance just doesn’t add up. But if the Coyotes are hell bent on not only burning to the ground but then salting the earth also, then they might as well accept this trade.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I would offer a 1st but would do it for 2023 draft as we don't have alot of picks this year again. I'm a big fan of his and could help our top 6 in which lacks the physical presence he would bring. I see a guy starting to come into who own and can play anywhere in the lineup at a could cap hit. I'd say if he puts up 20 to 25 goals to 50 points we would be very happy with that. Honestly I'd take the risk and hope he can provide what Bennett did for Florida. We missed out on him and went the foligno route and I wasn't a fan of what we gave up knowing he wouldn't return where we can do that with Crouse. I would go after just Crouse and go a different way for a dman. I'd would go and offer:

To Ari

2023 1st+ a prospect Holmberg/Hirovonen I'd even think about Abruzzese

For

To Tor
Crouse

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Crouse
lybushkin
For
Knies
Niemelä

AZ has enough picks. They need roster players sooner than later so prospects would better imo.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

We already have Nick Ritchie for that, he hasn't got the memo yet.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Crouse is appealing but I'd like the Leafs to win a round or two before Dubas gives away any more high-round draft picks. Crouse is best suited asking price-wise for a team confident they can go on a deep run, and Toronto is not that until they do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad