Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
To
Arizona
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Pierre Engvall

To
Toronto
Crouse
Lyubushkin

Leafs get two really solid players to plug into the line up and the Coyotes get a 1st, 2nd, and a solid third liner in Engvall. Would this be enough ?
Swap Engvall for Ritchie and I would be interested in having a convo about giving up the first for Crouse. As-is its too steep imo. Maybe the 2nd could be pushed back a round to a 3rd as well.
22 1st + 23 3rd + Ritchie for Crouse + Lyubushkin

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Crouse
lybushkin
For
Knies
Niemelä

AZ has enough picks. They need roster players sooner than later so prospects would better imo.

I don't like that trade for Toronto, at all. But I agree with your comment about prospects vs picks for Arizona.

I keep expecting Arizona to trade picks for some younger players, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I'm pretty baffled.

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Cage

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I don't like that trade for Toro to, at all. But I agree with your comment a out prospects vs picks for Arizona.

I keep expecting Arizona to trade picks for some younger players, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I'm pretty baffled.
I just want the local AZ kids back in AZ. You know Knies, Cutter gauthier, Matthews...

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How is this year going? Who’s living up to contract?
At the moment, Crouse has 18 points in 36 games while Ritchie has 9 points in 33 game. Crouse will be an RFA at the end of the season while Ritchie will be a UFA at the end of next season. Crouse is doing a bit better this year, but the players are pretty even over their careers. Crouse is also about two years younger than Ritchie. The comparative methodology is also flawed as only stats are involved.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I just want the local AZ kids back in AZ. You know Knies, Cutter gauthier, Matthews...
Better be concerned about having a barn to play out of first. There’s a better chance the dogs are in KC or Houston next season than there is of Matthews even hitting FA let alone leaving the most marketable team in the league and picking a team thag can’t even pay their rent.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Those are all possibilities.
So is the team not even being in the desert come the end of the season. AZ can’t make rent or pay their support staff heck even player bonuses have been late, but they’re gonna lure what would be the leagues biggest ufa to date?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So is the team not even being in the desert come the end of the season. AZ can’t make rent or pay their support staff heck even player bonuses have been late, but they’re gonna lure what would be the leagues biggest ufa to date?
Those are possibilities too. Though none of the players I mentioned are UFAs at this point. There is also a huge difference between what is possible and what is probable.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

AM34 is from AZ and spends his offseasons here in 110+ weather (43+ in Celsius). Most people snowbird out of Phoenix, Matthews snowbirds in. Who knows why. Anyway most Yotes fans and much of the hockey world think we have at least an ok shot of signing him especially if we can show we're a young team on the rise (like what Anaheim is right now).

Valid points about us maybe not having a home here in AZ next season, too soon to tell without more hyperbole. As a Yotes fan I hope we stay but we are all still waiting to see whether we have a barn to play in next season (and which barn that would be). But, there's another thread for that

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
AM34 is from AZ and spends his offseasons here in 110+ weather (43+ in Celsius). Most people snowbird out of Phoenix, Matthews snowbirds in. Who knows why. Anyway most Yotes fans and much of the hockey world think we have at least an ok shot of signing him especially if we can show we're a young team on the rise (like what Anaheim is right now).

Valid points about us maybe not having a home here in AZ next season, too soon to tell without more hyperbole. As a Yotes fan I hope we stay but we are all still waiting to see whether we have a barn to play in next season (and which barn that would be). But, there's another thread for that
Lol literally no one credible has ever suggested it. Stop reading bleacher report.
I also noticed you failed to address my point of the team not having any money, the team is run on a shoestring budget with inflated cap hits to reach the floor. AZ is probably the poorest team in professional sports relative to their league. There’s 0 chance Matthews goes there.
Also, lots of players off-season in warm no state tax places like az TX and FL, doesn’t really mean much especially considering he’s from there.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
I don't like that trade for Toro to, at all. But I agree with your comment a out prospects vs picks for Arizona.

It’s year 2 of the rebuild. Give it sometime.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Lol literally no one credible has ever suggested it. Stop reading bleacher report.
I also noticed you failed to address my point of the team not having any money, the team is run on a shoestring budget with inflated cap hits to reach the floor. AZ is probably the poorest team in professional sports relative to their league. There’s 0 chance Matthews goes there.
Also, lots of players off-season in warm no state tax places like az TX and FL, doesn’t really mean much especially considering he’s from there.

Here's something in the Toronto Sun from 6 days ago. Does that count? Simple google search took under 5 seconds.

Will Auston Matthews ever leave the Maple Leafs to go home to play for the Arizona Coyotes? | Toronto Sun

Actually I don't know if it counts, no idea if the Toronto Sun is a tabloid or not (I am not Canadian). But you can use google too. Either way like you said, he's from AZ so obvi there is a chance he signs where he is from esp if the team is on the rise during his UFA year. Common knowledge, surprised you are arguing this.

I failed to address the money part because like I said, this is the wrong thread. This thread is talking about a potential Crouse trade, not the future of the AZ coyotes or even AM34's UFA destination. You have almost 4,000 posts (over 10 years worth) and a decent amount of likes, I would think you would understand threads by now. I guess not.

OP, my apologies for feeding the troll. I'll see myself out.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Crouse
lybushkin
For
Knies
Niemelä

AZ has enough picks. They need roster players sooner than later so prospects would better imo.

Keep dreaming, seriously in what world does a 3rd pairing UFA D man and a third/4 line winger get you probably any teams 2 best prospects. Neimela is the highest scoring D man as a 19 year old in the Swedish Elite League. Knies is again tearing it up as a 19 year old in college and on the US Olympic team. That package would be for someone like Chychrun.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Keep dreaming, seriously in what world does a 3rd pairing UFA D man and a third/4 line winger get you probably any teams 2 best prospects. Neimela is the highest scoring D man as a 19 year old in the Swedish Elite League. Knies is again tearing it up as a 19 year old in college and on the US Olympic team. That package would be for someone like Chychrun.
Niemela isn't even Swedish

Reactions: PainForShane

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
As a Yotes fan I would definitely consider this, in the ballpark at least. Crouse is the wild card, I think worth a mid-round first, TOR's first will be late round though (almost a 2nd) so I am not sure as is.
This is absolute nonsense

With Crouse, he was a mid round first, this year he's showing he very well may become a 20-25 goal power forward, kind of like a not as good version of Tom Wilson (but one who also doesn't get suspended or play dirty so that is good). Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

Good offer, maybe add another second or something and I'd take it. Or maybe Bunting instead of Engvall. Or better yet offer another first and a cap dump, that's how we roll these days. Either way definitely a good place to start from

this is absolute nonsense. And this coming from a guy who really likes Crouse as a bottom sixer

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
To
Arizona
2022 1st
2023 2nd
Pierre Engvall

To
Toronto
Crouse
Lyubushkin

Leafs get two really solid players to plug into the line up and the Coyotes get a 1st, 2nd, and a solid third liner in Engvall. Would this be enough ?
Dare I say I think this offer is pretty close. Tor could get a better 1 year rental player for the 1st if they were all in this year.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

The Coyotes have 6 players signed for next season. it will be a busy summer. Lots of time to trade picks for players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad