Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I didn’t say he was, learn to read. He is playing in the SEL but he is Finnish. He was the most outstanding D man last year at the WJC and was poised to potentially grab that mantle again this year.

No he's not he's playing in the liiga league in Finland.

Reactions: PainForShane

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You said: Put him with Matthews and Marner and he'll score 30-35 goals for sure.

That is a hyperbole. I'm not a leafs fan, I'm just disagreeing with you calling a guy who's never scored 16 goals in an nhl season (I understand pace, but he's never actually done it) a for sure 30 goal scorer in a different scenario.
He's using Hyman/Bunting logic. While 30 is optimistic mid to late 20s isn't insane, though you can't predict chemistry.

I'm reminded of Hoglund who flirted with 30 while playing with Sundin but who no other team wanted. There are sweet spots that are basically garunteed goal boosts , our first line is one of them as shown in the Hyman-Bunting swap.

Reactions: PainForShane

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
How is this year going? Who’s living up to contract?
Ritchie actually has to compete for ice time in Toronto. Crouse not so much in Arizona. What was wrong with Crouse's hands last year?

His contract is 2.5M for one more year, that's not even a bad contract even if he's a 4th line player. As has been said in this thread already, Ritchie is a unique player with unique value to a team. With all that production coming from Crouse his next contract should be nice and fat and so should the price to acquire him. For a similar product.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
this is absolute nonsense. And this coming from a guy who really likes Crouse as a bottom sixer

Crouse was a bottom sixer a few years ago, now it's more accurate to say he's a middle sixer. Meaning on a team with good LWs (COL, BOS etc) he's bottom six but on a team like Toronto...

Put a different way Crouse has 9 goals on the season, which is more than any of Toronto's left wings (Bunting has 8 which is close). And Crouse is not playing with a future Hall of Fame center like Matthews or Tavares who are both certainly boosting the production of their linemates.

So, imo not a stretch to say he'd likely be your best offensive option on the left side, regardless of the other stuff he brings (which is a lot).

He's using Hyman/Bunting logic. While 30 is optimistic mid to late 20s isn't insane, though you can't predict chemistry.

I'm reminded of Hoglund who flirted with 30 while playing with Sundin but who no other team wanted. There are sweet spots that are basically garunteed goal boosts , our first line is one of them as shown in the Hyman-Bunting swap.

Exactly, thanks. But also Crouse has been on 20 goal pace in a couple of seasons (including this one) so he doesn't have to be that sheltered. I'd also argue that playing with Tavares / Nylander is also a guaranteed goal boost for Crouse just because of how offensively bad our centers in AZ are

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Crouse was a bottom sixer a few years ago, now it's more accurate to say he's a middle sixer. Meaning on a team with good LWs (COL, BOS etc) he's bottom six but on a team like Toronto...

Put a different way Crouse has 9 goals on the season, which is more than any of Toronto's left wings (Bunting has 8 which is close). And Crouse is not playing with a future Hall of Fame center like Matthews or Tavares who are both certainly boosting the production of their linemates.

So, imo not a stretch to say he'd likely be your best offensive option on the left side, regardless of the other stuff he brings (which is a lot).

Exactly, thanks. But also Crouse has been on 20 goal pace in a couple of seasons (including this one) so he doesn't have to be that sheltered. I'd also argue that playing with Tavares / Nylander is also a guaranteed goal boost for Crouse just because of how offensively bad our centers in AZ are
Being On a 20 goal pace isn’t scoring 20.
Let alone saying he’s a lock for 30-35 on the leafs.
It’s just not in his wheel house. He is what he is. On a good team he might be a 20 goal/40 pt guy.
But he’s also not really going to get the brunt of PP min/top 6 min on good teams to do that.
Kreider is probably the best net front player in the league as far as on the PP/deflections/screens.
That’s playing with stars such as Fox/Zibby/Panarin and strome He’s paced at over 30 goals a few times...
This season might be the 1st year where he hits that total or above.... Crouse just doesn’t come close to that tool set.
Not just that, in good teams he’d prob lack the minutes/opportunity as well....
At most he’d be a net front guy mopping up 20-30 seconds of 2PP time In front of the net...

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Crouse is getting high end usage in Arizona. Any playoff team he is traded to his quality ice time would be reduced.

He is worth a low 2 nd rounder @ best!!!

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Being On a 20 goal pace isn’t scoring 20.
Let alone saying he’s a lock for 30-35 on the leafs.
It’s just not in his wheel house. He is what he is. On a good team he might be a 20 goal/40 pt guy.
But he’s also not really going to get the brunt of PP min/top 6 min on good teams to do that.
Kreider is probably the best net front player in the league as far as on the PP/deflections/screens.
That’s playing with stars such as Fox/Zibby/Panarin and strome He’s paced at over 30 goals a few times...
This season might be the 1st year where he hits that total or above.... Crouse just doesn’t come close to that tool set.
Not just that, in good teams he’d prob lack the minutes/opportunity as well....
At most he’d be a net front guy mopping up 20-30 seconds of 2PP time In front of the net...

Crouse's strengths aren't in front of the net. Comparing him to Kreider WRT deflections / screens doesn't make sense, at all.

Seems to me like you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm out of this particular discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad