OT: COVID-19- March 17 2020 - No politics! Read post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
My thumb is usually safe and clear. The middle finger is usually at risk. Yeah, i dig

My X Wing Attack method requires precision with a smaller device. The smaller the density of the device, the higher the risk.

I can see the advantage of the Dig Dug procedure in terms of surface.

I think you’d have to balance that advantage against the risk of more engagement with fingernails.

Perhaps most importantly, the X Wing Attack provides stability. I think your risk of a “Catastrophic Roll Over Event” increases ten fold with the Dig Dug.

God speed to you.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know how we get around this without collapsing the whole thing. I mean, just thinking of scenarios you'd have to stop debt payments and just force a limit on CC's $5k or something for supplies which will be held over. Mortgages and Credit lines and rent has to come full stop though, that means no interest on standing loans etc. I am sure there are a million other problems that come along with that but it's better than mass defaults.

You could probably get by a couple mths with that alone. Utilities and things like that will need paid but you could offset that a little by increasing it to 90 days to pay.
I think it is pretty clear now that this better get resolved inside 2 months. The government is helping people defer costs. But the costs are all still there. No one that I know of has said we are increasing EI to make people WHOLE. So most are going backwards right now. No one has said (excpet for CHMC mortgages) that interest will be eliminated for next 6 months. No one has said that your taxes are reduced or eliminated. Only deferred for a month or two.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
They won't let the empire fall. They'll go to war to save it, that or change will come and Americans with guns in the country will fight with Liberal cities.
They have less than zero credibility. They don't get things wrong......they're blatant liars. Nah. I don't think it'll come to that. It was looking sketchy for a while though.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
We better get da legislation done so we know the business funding will look like. No one has a freakin clue right now. It all sounds good but until legislation drafted and people know what is really going on NOT a nickel has gone out yet.

Only thing really happening on funding has been EI. My buddies kid went to put in his application after being laid off as a server. He was told he would be maxed out at 573 per week for 45 weeks or sooner if the lockdown is removed. That is what the front line EI people are saying. He told them his rent downtown was $2.5K per month for a 2 bedroom for wife and kid. They said well that is all we can do.

And this is what is really NOT FAIR. This young family is now effectively living on their card card. We need to ENHANCE EI ASAP. Get paid what we were before the lockdown. Complete BS here.

I mean no offense to your buddy’s kid or trying to say how they should live their lives but....

trying to live downtown working as a server in a 2500 apartment is IMO not a good choice of lifestyle.

this to me is the definition of “living beyond your means”

Once again this post is not meant as a diss or trying to tell people how to live

Reactions: 666

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
My X Wing Attack method requires precision with a smaller device. The smaller the density of the device, the higher the risk.

I can see the advantage of the Dig Dug procedure in terms of surface.

I think you’d have to balance that advantage against the risk of more engagement with fingernails.

Perhaps most importantly, the X Wing Attack provides stability. I think your risk of a “Catastrophic Roll Over Event” increases ten fold with the Dig Dug.

God speed to you.
What I do, and it works pretty good, is I give a little prayer before I go and pray for a "clean break".

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I mean no offense to your buddy’s kid or trying to say how they should live their lives but....

trying to live downtown working as a server in a 2500 apartment is IMO not a good choice of lifestyle.

this to me is the definition of “living beyond your means”

Once again this post is not meant as a diss or trying to tell people how to live
gotta do it for the gram :p

Reactions: PromisedLand

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We have unlimited amounts of Chlorine too! Let's just end this freaking nightmare and get back at it in under 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
sad to see the NDP leader taking run's at the premier, he's doing a fantastic job imo. Now is not the time to be putting politics first.............

Agreed. Listening to her this morning was petty and pathetic. This is a time when all levels and parties of government should be working together, not undermining each other. Big failure by Horwath. :thumbd:

Reactions: rumman

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
sad to see the NDP leader taking run's at the premier, he's doing a fantastic job imo. Now is not the time to be putting politics first.............

Well, many are taking shots at the Prime Minister, even after the extra bailout money for the Oil Patch Alberta's premiere wants more.

Some of the questions being asked by reporters must make more than just me think some of these people are just stupid.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
i don’t agree with this analysis.

The Great Depression was a completely different beast. This is a minor blip in the economic function; demand is not being impacted. Once the virus is dealt with demand will increase and supply will increase to match it, that is, job creation etc...

A severe recession is likely, depression isn't impossible. This won't be a minor blip in the least.

The longer this lasts, the worse the likely outcome is. If this was a two weeks, and back to normal thing, sure... but it won't be. How does a restaurant server bounce back, to purchase goods and services the way they did? Sure, some of their hourly will be covered, but they won't get tips covered, which is most often the larger portion of their pay. Many small businesses will be massively impacted. Nearly 50% of Canadians were within $200 a month of not being able to pay their bills.... and then this happens. In many parts of the world, a recession had already started, this will surely result in some sort of a recession.

Keep in mind, 550,000 Canadians are employed, directly, or indirectly in the Energy Sector. It accounts for 11% of the Canadian GDP. Canadian Western Select Oil, the price that Bitumen receives, was $5.43 as I typed this.... per barrel. Oil Price Charts | Oilprice.com You are going to see our entire Oil sector shuttered very shortly, should these depressed Oil prices continue... this isn't a Coronavirus story at all... and it's probable that on it's own, we would have entered a recession just on Oil prices.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A severe recession is likely, depression isn't impossible. This won't be a minor blip in the least.

The longer this lasts, the worse the likely outcome is. If this was a two weeks, and back to normal thing, sure... but it won't be. How does a restaurant server bounce back, to purchase goods and services the way they did? Sure, some of their hourly will be covered, but they won't get tips covered, which is most often the larger portion of their pay. Many small businesses will be massively impacted. Nearly 50% of Canadians were within $200 a month of not being able to pay their bills.... and then this happens. In many parts of the world, a recession had already started, this will surely result in some sort of a recession.

Keep in mind, 550,000 Canadians are employed, directly, or indirectly in the Energy Sector. It accounts for 11% of the Canadian GDP. Canadian Western Select Oil, the price that Bitumen receives, was $5.43 as I typed this.... per barrel. Oil Price Charts | Oilprice.com You are going to see our entire Oil sector shuttered very shortly, should these depressed Oil prices continue... this isn't a Coronavirus story at all... and it's probable that on it's own, we would have entered a recession just on Oil prices.

Lets be honest. If it's true they have a cure for this (Chloroquine, Malaria drug). Then we should be working on quickly undoing the measures in a timely fashion. The US will enter a war to raise the price of oil before they let the petro dollar collapse, be sure of that. It's a big ugly correction which is a much better outlook than some of the other possibilities.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

This is where not declaring your income bites you in the ass. The smart ones have some under the mattress.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
CTV's news is pushing that younger people are not immune to becoming sick with this virus, I hope they heed this news?
Young people were never immune but less likely to get sick or have mild symptoms.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Young people were never immune but less likely to get sick or have mild symptoms.

The amount of disinformation about this virus from the mainstream varied by station. They were all in on it (reporting non factual information) and making it seem anything from Bio Weapons attack to a common cold. Absolutely ridiculous and as far as I am concerned mainstream has lost it's credibility! They are changing the goalposts and definitions day to day.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Lets be honest. If it's true they have a cure for this (Chloroquine, Malaria drug). Then we should be working on quickly undoing the measures in a timely fashion. The US will enter a war to raise the price of oil before they let the petro dollar collapse, be sure of that. It's a big ugly correction which is a much better outlook than some of the other possibilities.

That came from Fox... that should tell you all you need to know.

Reactions: Blue Nate

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Side question: what is it that they spray all over the streets?

You can use multiple solutions. Chlorine is the cheapest. Hydrogen Peroxide fogged would work and Fogging Ethanol should work as well. Probably Chlorine, funny enough Chloroquine, the Malaria drug is based off Chlorine.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
We better get da legislation done so we know the business funding will look like. No one has a freakin clue right now. It all sounds good but until legislation drafted and people know what is really going on NOT a nickel has gone out yet.

As I understand it if you're eligible for the small business deduction you're eligible for the wage subsidy. We've got payroll going out tomorrow and are due to file a PD7 on the 25th so I've got my 10% calculated to hold back on that remittance.

As for BCAP I think the BDC has just sorted out the details, I've got a call with my rep tomorrow.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Noting that you've edited to not be quite a offside... I hadn't seen such research, and Fox is less than reliable... had it been a more reliable source, it would be taken more seriously, so thanks for providing a more reliable source.

There are multiple other drugs being tested too...and they are just that, Clinical Trials, that take months to do the testing, before they would be rolled out. They might be successful, they might not be.

Coronavirus Treatment: How Is COVID-19 Treated?

Vaccines and treatment options for COVID-19 are currently being investigated around the world. There’s some evidence that certain medications may have the potential to be effective with regard to preventing illness or treating the symptoms of COVID-19.
However, researchers need to perform randomized controlled trialsTrusted Source in humans before potential vaccines and other treatments become available. This may take several months or longer.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Yes, but it is increasingly apparent that they have become the main drivers of the spread of the virus because most of them are asymptomatic, and many of them have not taken the pandemic seriously enough.

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad