Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fox at 60% is extremely concerning. I don't know why I didn't notice it more agianst Carolina, I think Florida's run-around forecheck really brought it out in high definition.

You're all correct, Vesey needs a sit for Wheeler at some point.

NYR didn't get shellacked. The offensive zone time meant our guys got more worn out, but the chances were pretty even.

I didn't see anything to indicate that we are cooked.

Miller needs to find more avenues to take the puck and skate with it. That would really help break the forecheck, and right now he's the only blueliner I trust to do so.
I don't even think he's at 60%. I wasn't concerned at first but he's getting slower and slower. That indicates to me that he's getting more and more hurt. It seems serious.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
I just don’t see why people keep saying this was close. We had 2 scoring opportunities in the first 2 periods with breakaways. Most of our SOG came in the final 5 minutes of desperation.

They were way more physical than us. It’s no wonder they win a lot with these refs. They allow the typical playoff game. Late hits cross checks no calls. Rangers looked timid. Only Will and Trouba played with any sort of jam. Watching Wennberg wilt away from a midget and no one defending Chytil embodies it.

Top 2 lines disappeared most of the game. PP wasn’t great. Igor left in a softy.

Our bottom 6 is a joke. Vesey has more turnovers than what feels like the entire team. Lav needs to change the line up now.

Series is far from over but let’s not kid ourselves. Florida outplayed the Rangers on every level this game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You've been spoiled with elite goaltending pretty much uninterrupted since 2005 and still complain about it every game.

Goalies give up goals. No team has ever gone a full season with 0 GA. The other team is trying too.

Jesus Christ. Sometimes goalies don't give up goals. 0 shutouts in 38 career playoff games is pathetic. And in that last game he faced nothing. Any halfway decent goalie pitches a shutout through 60.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In general this team has been outplayed in most of their playoff games; this is not sustainable over the long haul; can't keep asking your goalie to bail you out. When your 2 of your best scoring chances come from breakaways to Schneider, (a 3rd pairing dman) and Cuylle (a 4th line forward with little skill), you are not in a good spot. Had a couple of spurts of getting chances, but for the most part, Bobrovsky wasn't tested much. You never got the feeling the Rangers were going to tie the game. Panarin has been invisible since the Washington series, like the Panarin of last year's playoffs. I guess their fall back position is to put Rempe back in the lineup. They won't do it, but Zack Jones needs to be inserted in the lineup, would rather they go 11F/7D with Fox being hurt. They have gotten nothing from the dman corps offensively.

Florida wasn't great last night, gifted 2 goals, but they did what they had to do. The Rangers need win game 2 or this will be a very short series; they are not beating Florida 4 out of 5 to win this series.

What bail you out? How about make a simple save and don't turn the puck over? The offense did nothing, however Igor wasn't asked to do much of anything Avs he still couldn't do it.

Yeah blame the broadcast.

They said he hadn't scored since game 5 of the Pitt series. I clearly remember him scoring in G7 against Carolina that same year.

People are making too big a deal about the knee injury too. Want him to start producing more? Get Lindgren the f*** away from him.

He produced fine all season with Lindgren.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It happens. We had the better chances. Win game 2.

Ok. Avoid the rest of this thread like the plague it will be.
Came to basically say the same thing. Now, I will read the doom and gloom. Just behooves us to get the 1st goal, that's all I wanna say.........for now.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Laf with a bad game to end all bad games this evening
He has 2 ways to go, fold like a tent OR from now on be the hero that everyone wants and knows he can be. The latter is much more likely. Does a player apologize to teammates for something like that? Serious question.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
The Rangers were chasing Florida around all night - hard to see the Rangers winning yesterday with the way they played. The Panthers set the tone. Carolina got a few lucky goals, and that's the story.

Any one of those post shots go in and it's a different game. I watched the game last night and yes... the Rangers were essentially stifled, but I also never thought they were as overwhelmed by offensive pressure like with Carolina.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh and you thought they played well? What did they do better than the Panthers?

I mean the Panthers didn't do shit but rely on Igor mistakes and a Laf mistake. The Rangers had very few chances but the ones they did were better than the Panthers. Their goalie just wasn't a sieve and they didn't score in their own net.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The broadcast was making shit up the whole game.

Fox scored against Carolina in game 7.

Raanta started a playoff game for us.

At least Pierre's wacky stories were accurate.

@GoAwayPanarin is right. I get why people are concerned about Fox being hurt but Lindgren is right up there on the list of problems.

Lindgren has been getting some of the best looks on the team. A player with any kind of ability getting the looks he's getting has like 3 or 4 goals.

Why is he getting chances? In a 7 game series of serious hockey, your opponent picks out who they can just leave alone. It makes it harder on everyone else going 4v5.

I mean, shit, Carolina just let him skate all the way into the zone and circle their net. The only reason that one went in is because they also decided to ignore Kreider.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Me too, but who's coming out? We all would like Trouba, but that's not happening. To replace Gustaffson? That would almost be like a wash. I dunno
Disagree. Gus has been awful for awhile now. Jones looked decent when covering injuries. I'd rather try something new then continue to watch Gus turn over the puck and provide 0 offense.

I don't even think he's at 60%. I wasn't concerned at first but he's getting slower and slower. That indicates to me that he's getting more and more hurt. It seems serious.
It's getting to the point where Im not sure he's a net positive at this point man. He looks awful. Id still take him at 10% over the rest of our D, but its a major problem. We arent winning without Fox contributing. And I'm not sure he can at this point.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If fla had more than 2 high danger chances I’d be shocked honestly shocked. That should have been a shutout the other way frankly.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Wennberg and Vesey have run their course - they aren’t cut out for this level of hockey .
You can make the case for Roslovic as well.

At the very least Rempe needs back in - we can use ZJones wheels as well.

Panic time ? No

Real concerned time ? Absolutely

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The broadcast was making shit up the whole game.

Fox scored against Carolina in game 7.

Raanta started a playoff game for us.

At least Pierre's wacky stories were accurate.

@GoAwayPanarin is right. I get why people are concerned about Fox being hurt but Lindgren is right up there on the list of problems.

Lindgren has been getting some of the best looks on the team. A player with any kind of ability getting the looks he's getting has like 3 or 4 goals.

Why is he getting chances? In a 7 game series of serious hockey, your opponent picks out who they can just leave alone. It makes it harder on everyone else going 4v5.

I mean, shit, Carolina just let him skate all the way into the zone and circle their net. The only reason that one went in is because they also decided to ignore Kreider.

Subbin is the absolute worst. Somehow in a low event first period where I couldn't name a real scoring chance and the only goal allowed was baby shit soft if it wasn't for Igor it would be 4-0. I don't even think he was being a hater. I feel like he just said something that sounded right.

Reactions: bhamill

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If fla had more than 2 high danger chances I’d be shocked honestly shocked. That should have been a shutout the other way frankly.
NST had high-danger chances at 10-9 Rangers. I think that's generous on both counts, but either way, it is low.

I'm annoyed because it's mostly the same shit I've been annoyed about all year. Every team has problems. It doesn't make them less annoying after what, game 93?

But yeah, we kinda sucked and they still didn't outchance us. Even Igor sucked and we easily could have won. I think that tells you that it's there.

We do need to generate more. I don't like this matchup for winning a mud fight.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Subbin is the absolute worst. Somehow in a low event first period where I couldn't name a real scoring chance and the only goal allowed was baby shit soft if it wasn't for Igor it would be 4-0. I don't even think he was being a hater. I feel like he just said something that sounded right.
He was just upset his team is losing.

If he's not in the studio, he's at the Rangers game.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
A lot of unforced errors. Panicking with the puck

NO ONE could handle the puck.

Horrendous puck support. Everyone was spread out and flying the zone. Everyone needs to come back deep to help support the puck out of the zone. Move up as a unit.

Stop the cute stuff at the blue line. Actually forecheck with the intent to get the puck

We looked like a Gallant team but with a hobbled Fox. Fox’s play is a major problem if he doesn’t improve. He’s too relied upon.

We still had the better scoring chances imo. Missed the net, hit the post and wennberged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad