Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I was convinced Kreider was gonna score on that PP off the too many men in the 3rd. I would've bet my life on it.

Maybe someone picked up on this already, but his line choices were perplexing, and the data was equally wonky. Cuylle I thought was on the 4th line, yet he ended up with 2 minutes less than Vesey and Goodrow. Even wilder were the total chances for the 3 of them:

Good(Bad)row: 1 and 16
Vesey: 2 and 15
Cuylle: 7 and 4

Defies explanation.

Maybe Vesey sits for (4 minutes of) Rempe in game 2. And I burn his fkkn jersey.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Maybe someone picked up on this already, but his line choices were perplexing, and the data was equally wonky. Cuylle I thought was on the 4th line, yet he ended up with 2 minutes less than Vesey and Goodrow. Even wilder were the total chances for the 3 of them:

Good(Bad)row: 1 and 16
Vesey: 2 and 15
Cuylle: 7 and 4

Defies explanation.

Maybe Vesey sits for (4 minutes of) Rempe in game 2. And I burn his fkkn jersey.
Vesey and Goodrow PK. Cuylle does not.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
This game should have been 0-0 going into OT but Shesterkin is literally unable to play a playoff game without at least one f*** up. And sure Lafreniere f***ed up on the second goal but Shesterkin served that puck up on a silver platter. Shesterkin is not a big game goalie. His best attribute is not getting rocked. But he can't shut anyone down. Also, the offense sucked. This series will be over very very soon.
You've been spoiled with elite goaltending pretty much uninterrupted since 2005 and still complain about it every game.

Goalies give up goals. No team has ever gone a full season with 0 GA. The other team is trying too.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We can say “be better” but by and large this team hasn’t been better. It wasn’t great against Washington. It was opportunistic against Carolina but then got put on their heels before being saved by Kreider. We have been saying “they have to play better,” for weeks now and they haven’t.

They have to play better but Florida looked like they are gonna make this a short series last night. That was a complete shut down of our offense and it wasn’t close.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
We can say “be better” but by and large this team hasn’t been better. It wasn’t great against Washington. It was opportunistic against Carolina but then got put on their heels before being saved by Kreider. We have been saying “they have to play better,” for weeks now and they haven’t.

They have to play better but Florida looked like they are gonna make this a short series last night. That was a complete shut down of our offense and it wasn’t close.
We had the better chances in the game,we just could not finish.Last night was a result of what we didn't do compared to anything the Panthers prevented us from doing.4 posts hit,Igor gift wrapping them 2 goals and no sustained pressure for most of the game did us in.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I was really worried coming in about the tenacity/hatred level tbh. I wrote about it on the mains.
These are 2 teams that really don’t have any bad blood or rivalry….. fla played a perfect road game and had all the puck luck tonight. Stuck to their game plan, finished their checks, and played a typical panthers game….
Rangers need to dial up the hate/dislike for opponent.
Unlike canes series, guys aren’t really chirping at each other, no scrums/extracurricular stuff after the whistle, etc
Passion is a huge part of the game, you can’t just go thru the motions and expect to win……

They need to increase their passion level and get the blood boiling a bit more. I
Don’t expect them to physically dominate fla in hits/fights etc, they don’t have too, but more angry prickish behavior is needed

Reactions: Wtp99 and Graves94

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
This team is just so non-threatening 5 on 5 way too much. What an easy night for Bob, Rangers got to find a way to generate more shots and find ways to get a greasy goal around the net.

The 'star' players on this team need to be a lot more visible that they were last night

Reactions: Slaydagnar

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
We also need to seriously improve our bottom six.

Wennberg sucks mega ass out of a mega straw. Kakko will never score a goal again. Vesey sucks. Goodrow sucks at literally everything except the PK.
Did you know Goodrow has as many goals this playoffs as Zibinajad? Not sure he is the problem.

Fox has no goals in 3 years in the playoffs.

Panarin is back to random passes to the middle.

Our bottom 6 needs to be …. Anything….. but our top 6 had 0 points last night.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You keep saying this nonsense and it's flagrantly wrong. He had 5 goals 2 seasons ago, along with 18 assists. Prior to this current injured off-year, he was an over a PPG career playoff player with 31 points in 30 career playoff games.

Yeah blame the broadcast.

They said he hadn't scored since game 5 of the Pitt series. I clearly remember him scoring in G7 against Carolina that same year.

People are making too big a deal about the knee injury too. Want him to start producing more? Get Lindgren the f*** away from him.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
1716460550000.png

Reactions: Breaded Fox

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
In general this team has been outplayed in most of their playoff games; this is not sustainable over the long haul; can't keep asking your goalie to bail you out. When your 2 of your best scoring chances come from breakaways to Schneider, (a 3rd pairing dman) and Cuylle (a 4th line forward with little skill), you are not in a good spot. Had a couple of spurts of getting chances, but for the most part, Bobrovsky wasn't tested much. You never got the feeling the Rangers were going to tie the game. Panarin has been invisible since the Washington series, like the Panarin of last year's playoffs. I guess their fall back position is to put Rempe back in the lineup. They won't do it, but Zack Jones needs to be inserted in the lineup, would rather they go 11F/7D with Fox being hurt. They have gotten nothing from the dman corps offensively.

Florida wasn't great last night, gifted 2 goals, but they did what they had to do. The Rangers need win game 2 or this will be a very short series; they are not beating Florida 4 out of 5 to win this series.

Last edited:

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Igor put up a stinker, and I don't expect to see that again out of him. Shots on goal close, high danger pretty even (anyone have a link for that?).

Honestly not as terrible as some are saying. Regroup and win Friday.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is the second year in a row Jimmy had a good regular season and then was a complete zero in the playoffs. He's not the type of guy I expected to shrink in the playoffs, but here we are.

I feel like we have a better chance of winning the Cup than either Wennberg or Kakko scoring a goal again.

This team's bottom six is just horrendous.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So much doom and gloom but lets look at the bright side:

We have lost 3 of the last 4 playoff games.

We got outplayed in those 4 games for roughly 10 of the 12 periods.

Oh wait, that isn't very bright.

We have been trending down for awhile now. Big boy team came in and showed us what playoff hockey is.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fox at 60% is extremely concerning. I don't know why I didn't notice it more agianst Carolina, I think Florida's run-around forecheck really brought it out in high definition.

You're all correct, Vesey needs a sit for Wheeler at some point.

NYR didn't get shellacked. The offensive zone time meant our guys got more worn out, but the chances were pretty even.

I didn't see anything to indicate that we are cooked.

Miller needs to find more avenues to take the puck and skate with it. That would really help break the forecheck, and right now he's the only blueliner I trust to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad