Post-Game Talk: Cougar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm expecting perfection from him once in a while. Every goalie has that. Expecting perfection always is unreasonable just like expecting perfection never from what some consider is the best goalie in the league is unreasonable. Even that 3-1 game against Washington dude couldn't help himself and gave up a laugher. That game it didn't matter but expecting a 60 minute effort is not too much to ask. To expect a shutout once in a while is not too much to ask. This game he should have allowed zero goals through 60. Today expecting perfection wasn't that crazy as Florida did nothing offensively.
What goalie in the NHL would you trade Igor for?

Reactions: Wtp99

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
It'll be interesting to hear what Steve Valiquette says.

...said no one ever

That was a reeeeeally bad way to start a conference final

That being said, we can easily make adjustments and win next game. They only scored 1 goal and it was a queef that Igor knows he needs to stop.

What I'm really tired of though is skating in circles 5 on 5. That shit needs to stop. It's not sustainable and we won't win a cup playing that way. If we just don't have the foot speed then so be it, but we have to find a way to get more o-zone time

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What goalie in the NHL would you trade Igor for?

The state of goaltending is at its worst. But hey Bobrovsky had a shutout something Igor has never had in the playoffs ever. So I'd rather have that. Igor would have allowed two today for the Panthers and you'd be telling me I expect perfection.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Lavi overworks Panarin, Zibs, Kreider...and Fox.

Sorry, Fox can't be given those minutes. Either the PP or PK. Not both. He is hurting. Time to call in Jones.

And Lavi has been giving other players the "Rempe" treatment. Tonight, it was Cuylle.

Let's go with 7D.
This isn't January. You play your best players more minutes in the playoffs. They also just had 5 days off. Fox maybe, because he may be injured. I trust Lavy to make those decisions.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I didn't think Florida played that great. They played better than us but not great. Bob was on and we didn't play well. Next game Kaapo may score 5 goals.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The worst part about this game is that it was just ungodly boring. I have a chip on my shoulders about the disrespect hockey gets and I take games like this personally because it was just unwatchable garbage that proves the haters right. This was probably the most boring game I've seen all season.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
This isn't January. You play your best players more minutes in the playoffs. They also just had 5 days off. Fox maybe, because he may be injured. I trust Lavy to make those decisions.

You should give them more of a breather, especially if you're going to utilize them more on the PP.

And if you're going to ride said players and sit others, then get another D man in there. Jones is that player.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The state of goaltending is at its worst. But hey Bobrovsky had a shutout something Igor has never had in the playoffs ever. So I'd rather have that. Igor would have allowed two today for the Panthers and you'd be telling me I expect perfection.
So because of 1 game you would rather have the other guy that was also saved by a post and crossbar. Let's see what happens next game.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Listen to Mollie Walker and Pierre McGuire discuss Matt Rempe. Molly starts with Trouba and his open ice hits and how that is a factor. How everyone has to skate with their heads up when he is on the ice. And that is nothing compared to when Rempe is out there....

Trouba hasn't had an open ice hit where he didn't end up in New Mexico since last year.If we are relying on Trouba or Rempe to win games,we are royally f***ed

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I disagree with basically everything you stated. We were not manhandled. We probably had more high danger chances than Florida did but just hit the post and couldn't put 1 past Bob on some breakaways. They had 3 PP's to 1 and that game was a 1 goal game with 3 minutes to go. Florida scored 1 real goal. ONE.
It was I-95 up our D’s butts all night. As soon as the puck was dumped in our corner, our D got smoked by Floridas F1 and often turned it over.

Take the body more often and clog the neutral zone so their dumps are less effective. Give our D some time so they have a chance to make a play, maybe even execute a breakout. The D had 0 time to make a pass all night.

It starts by making smarter dumps, getting physical on the forecheck, closing on guys in the neutral zone.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It was I-95 up our D’s butts all night. As soon as the puck was dumped in our corner, our D got smoked by Floridas F1 and often turned it over.

Take the body more often and clog the neutral zone so their dumps are less effective. Give our D some time so they have a chance to make a play, maybe even execute a breakout. The D had 0 time to make a pass all night.

It starts by making smarter dumps, getting physical on the forecheck, closing on guys in the neutral zone.
Florida is a good forechecking team. They are also susceptible to odd man rushes because of it which we had a few and hit a couple of posts. They essentially scored 1 real goal and the Rangers were a crossbar from tying it. The Rangers were not manhandled. That was my point. They need to make some adjustments and I'm sure they will.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
looks like an incoming sweep honestly. but I have faith for some weird reason. gotta give that team respect, they are dialed in and have a monster forecheck.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Trouba hasn't had an open ice hit where he didn't end up in New Mexico since last year.If we are relying on Trouba or Rempe to win games,we are royally f***ed
He had a couple of big hits tonight. In fact,... it was the only time the crowd roared, other than that disallowed goal. And you don't really understand the meaning of it being a factor. And I'm not gonna explain it to you, other than to say it does have an effect on game outcomes. Especially in a long series, where you have to keep your head up for weeks,.. each and every shift a Trouba or Rempe is out there.

Did you not see Chytil get crushed against the boards at the final buzzer? In a 3 zip game? You think that was necessary? You think they don't know he's concussed? We need to show them we can be just as mean and nasty. And we can play their game better than they can.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You should give them more of a breather, especially if you're going to utilize them more on the PP.

And if you're going to ride said players and sit others, then get another D man in there. Jones is that player.
And play who exactly? A bottom 6 that hasn't done shit? They have had 5 day breaks after their first 2 series and have played only 11 games in the last 5 weeks. They should be plenty rested and this isn't January where you have that luxury. It's the ECF, do or die. Play your horses.

Reactions: Guyute

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
They were better than we were.
We were flat 2/3 of the game.
Better regain home ice advantage.
Fox is cooked.
Igor needs better judgment.
And will someone score a goddamn goal!
Bolded
You don’t score if you don’t shoot, too many hot potato’s as passes, nobody fortuitously skating across the crease or hell nobody in front

Reactions: CasusBelli

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
And play who exactly? A bottom 6 that hasn't done shit? They have had 5 day breaks after their first 2 series and have played only 11 games in the last 5 weeks. They should be plenty rested and this isn't January where you have that luxury. It's the ECF, do or die. Play your horses.

Okay.

So why dress a forward if they're going to ride the bench mostly?

Which is why I say put in Jones and rotate 7D. Fox is clearly hurt. He can still play but it's only going to be exacerbated if you keep playing him long minutes.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I'll be shocked if chytil plays Friday. He was not right after that hit at the end of the game. Guy needs to protect his life with these head injuries.

Based on the general lack of energy in the building tonight rempe should be in simply bc his presence ignites the crowd and that should help give energy to the team. Rough one tonight, but out of everything I am most concerned for chytil and his personal life.
Chytil was invisible tonight. Should have been Rempe. Even messier thought that.
There are some others that played tonight that shall remain nameless, a pure soft game from them

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
One more thing. I also think home ice will mean next to nothing in this series. Both teams play well at home and on the road and there will be plenty of Ranger fans in Florida.

Reactions: tiggles

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Okay.

So why dress a forward if they're going to ride the bench mostly?

Which is why I say put in Jones and rotate 7D. Fox is clearly hurt. He can still play but it's only going to be exacerbated if you keep playing him long minutes.
I'm ok with that but again you and I know nothing about the injury situation with Fox. It's only speculation. Lavy actually knows the real deal and I trust him to make the right decisions.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I'm ok with that but again you and I know nothing about the injury situation with Fox. It's only speculation. Lavy actually knows the real deal and I trust him to make the right decisions.

He looks slower on the ice, he has had maintenance days. And honestly, outside of Fox, who else among our D corp comes close to being as offensively minded?

I am going to question Lavy on this one: why dress a forward if you're going to give them the Rempe treatment (Again, tonight it was Cuylle), when you can easily rotate 7D?

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad