Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
IMG_7988.jpeg

Strome would have been proud of Wennberg tonight.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
How many shutouts does Shesterkin have in the playoffs? And the series against Carolina must be the most overrated a series a goalie has ever had. If I hear again that he hasn't given up more than 3 goals in a game in 30 straight games I'm going to strangle someone. Dude really tested the limits of that garbage streak allowing 3+ goals in 5 out of 6 games. I'll give him that outside of two games against Pittsburgh he hasn't been rocked like Lundqvist often had. But it would be nice to see the guy get a shutout at least once. The guy is just incapable of playing 60 minutes. He ended the game when he gave up one of the worst goals I've ever seen to a team that didn't have to break a sweat with the lead all game.

wait-what.gif

1000009130.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why does he have to get a SO for you? Not giving up more than 3 goals in 30 straight games is outstanding. He was the main reason they got to the ECF 2 years ago and why they got past Carolina this year, along with special teams. I don't know why you hate the guy so much.

Why are you making it sound like getting a shutout is some nice little trick I'm expecting from him? Top goalies once in a while shutdown the opposition completely. Any halfway decent goalie takes the game into OT today. But he's due for at least one brain fart a game.

Also, I'm not minimizing his ability to give them team a chance to win by not giving up a lot of goals in almost all playoff games. But would sure be nice to see a dominant performance where he wills his team a win one friggin time. I think I prefer his steadiness in the playoffs to Hank's random 6 goal outbursts, but would sure as hell be nice if his steadiness included not giving up garbage goals and once in a while getting a shutout.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Our guys will make some plays. It's impossible to sustain shutting down our top six.

I am deeply concerned about our lack of contributions elsewhere, however.

Against this team, does our top six have four games in them where they can carry us? It's going to be a huge challenge.

And yeah, Fox is obviously a problem. The rest doesn't seem to have helped. But like I said, if we get knocked out and officially find out something was wrong with Fox...what are you gonna do?

Sometimes an injury stops you from winning the Cup.
Fox is absolutely hurt. We will find out more details after the season

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This game should have been 0-0 going into OT but Shesterkin is literally unable to play a playoff game without at least one f*** up. And sure Lafreniere f***ed up on the second goal but Shesterkin served that puck up on a silver platter. Shesterkin is not a big game goalie. His best attribute is not getting rocked. But he can't shut anyone down. Also, the offense sucked. This series will be over very very soon.
Igor was giving the puck to Florida the whole game.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Those Lundqvist teams couldn't score worth shit. He could have won multiple cups on an offensively competent team.
I know.my point was that snowblind has been bashing goalies since the Hank years.he's repeating the same crap with Igor that he did with Hank

Reactions: Wtp99

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fox is absolutely hurt. We will find out more details after the season
It appears to be that way and with that in mind, it kinds of renders the whole thing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, and fully aware that people will ignore logic and be toxic about it anyway, this run should answer any questions about whether "the country club" is worth moving forward with.

Our top five forwards beat Carolina damn near by themselves.

Reactions: bhamill

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Lots of over reaction but the reality is they’ve lost 3 of the last 4 games and 2 straight at home. Not good. Need a big response and a full 60 minute effort Friday to get back on track.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesty screwed the pooch...but we're not winning too many games by having only 10 SOG through 50 minutes.

Ask Canuck fans how it felt when they did the exact same thing.

I understand. He's not the biggest reason we lost and I'm also way more concerned about the fact that you mentioned. Our offense was a complete joke. We got completely embarrassed. Does anyone have confidence that we'll score enough to even win more than a game against this team? That game looked like game 7 vs. Tampa in 2015.

Immediately after (if) we lose this series: "Time to trade Kreider and Zibanejad!!!"

Kakko with 2 points in 17 games:
View attachment 874675

People still think he has untapped potential. Let's just call it like he is, he is the biggest bust since maybe Brendl. I guess Brendl wasn't even an NHL player and Kakko would make a killer 4th liner on a real team.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Why are you making it sound like getting a shutout is some nice little trick I'm expecting from him? Top goalies once in a while shutdown the opposition completely. Any halfway decent goalie takes the game into OT today. But he's due for at least one brain fart a game.

Also, I'm not minimizing his ability to give them team a chance to win by not giving up a lot of goals in almost all playoff games. But would sure be nice to see a dominant performance where he wills his team a win one friggin time. I think I prefer his steadiness in the playoffs to Hank's random 6 goal outbursts, but would sure as hell be nice if his steadiness included not giving up garbage goals and once in a while getting a shutout.
You expect perfection from the guy and can't deal when he gives up goals. He's not perfect but he is one of the best in the league and the main reason they are in the ECF 2 of the last 3 years. This year he has a 2.40 GAA and .923 save %. What more do you want? I also think he could have had that 1st goal and mishandled the puck on the 2nd but again, shit happens and humans make mistakes. Bob was good but was also lucky that we hit 2 posts and a crossbar.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Listen to Mollie Walker and Pierre McGuire discuss Matt Rempe. Molly starts with Trouba and his open ice hits and how that is a factor. How everyone has to skate with their heads up when he is on the ice. And that is nothing compared to when Rempe is out there....

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It appears to be that way and with that in mind, it kinds of renders the whole thing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, and fully aware that people will ignore logic and be toxic about it anyway, this run should answer any questions about whether "the country club" is worth moving forward with.

Our top five forwards beat Carolina damn near by themselves.
And what needs to be improved upon is definitely doable this summer.

Reactions: Machinehead

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I understand. He's not the biggest reason we lost and I'm also way more concerned about the fact that you mentioned. Our offense was a complete joke. We got completely embarrassed. Does anyone have confidence that we'll score enough to even win more than a game against this team? That game looked like game 7 vs. Tampa in 2015.

Lavi overworks Panarin, Zibs, Kreider...and Fox.

Sorry, Fox can't be given those minutes. Either the PP or PK. Not both. He is hurting. Time to call in Jones.

And Lavi has been giving other players the "Rempe" treatment. Tonight, it was Cuylle.

Let's go with 7D.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You expect perfection from the guy and can't deal when he gives up goals. He's not perfect but he is one of the best in the league and the main reason they are in the ECF 2 of the last 3 years. This year he has a 2.40 GAA and .923 save %. What more do you want? I also think he could have had that 1st goal and mishandled the puck on the 2nd but again, shit happens and humans make mistakes. Bob was good but was also lucky that we hit 2 posts and a crossbar.

I'm expecting perfection from him once in a while. Every goalie has that. Expecting perfection always is unreasonable just like expecting perfection never from what some consider is the best goalie in the league is unreasonable. Even that 3-1 game against Washington dude couldn't help himself and gave up a laugher. That game it didn't matter but expecting a 60 minute effort is not too much to ask. To expect a shutout once in a while is not too much to ask. This game he should have allowed zero goals through 60. Today expecting perfection wasn't that crazy as Florida did nothing offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad