OT: Coronavirus XXXXII: Mixing Vaccines and Aiming for Herd Immunity

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
lol those jerks. What day do you think we hit 70/20? My guess is June 21.
Alberta's getting to stage 3 only has to do with 70% of the eligible population getting their 1st dose. They aren't any 2nd dose requirements. At the moment 114,787 need to get their 1st dose for the 70% requirement to be met. Just under 12K got their 1st dose today but usually early week numbers are lower than later in the week.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Alberta's getting to stage 3 only has to do with 70% of the eligible population getting their 1st dose. They aren't any 2nd dose requirements. At the moment 114,787 need to get their 1st dose for the 70% requirement to be met. Just under 12K got their 1st dose today but usually early week numbers are lower than later in the week.
I thought stage 3 (the removal of restrictions) was to start 2 weeks after 70% first dose and 20% second dose. Maybe I am wrong about the 20% second dose, not that it really matters at this point, we will hit it way before the 70%.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That's a pretty good guess. I'm more confident in the 20% than the 70% by that date. Last couple of days has just been a trickle of first doses, around 10K per day. Time to shift focus to those who want the second dose, been more than enough time for others to get their first dose.
I don't think it's necessarily focusing on 2nd doses that's been the issue, but more having to wait the so-called required time between doses.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I don't think it's necessarily focusing on 2nd doses that's been the issue, but more having to wait the so-called required time between doses.

They've been limiting second dose bookings so that everyone had a chance to get their first dose. Based on question period today after Hinshaw spoke, sounds like there are thousands of unused spots going to waste. Those who had their first shots in early April are well within the required time between doses now. Just think it's time to focus on those who actually want the vaccine as opposed to those who don't.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Better to take Thursday off work to get the vax and then Friday as well because you’re feeling side effects of the vax ;)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Give the middle finger to "the man". Oh to be young again. ;) Just make sure you aren't giving it for the wrong reason....K.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
So does that mean the anti-vax crowd are the true pro-lockdown people?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They've been limiting second dose bookings so that everyone had a chance to get their first dose. Based on question period today after Hinshaw spoke, sounds like there are thousands of unused spots going to waste. Those who had their first shots in early April are well within the required time between doses now. Just think it's time to focus on those who actually want the vaccine as opposed to those who don't.
The same thing is happening here in Ontario as well.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
why do you care about others?

Given that you're asking that question, I'm going to say there is just a fundamental divide here that will never be breached.

Personally, I, and I believe many other here, care about the health and well-being of everyone. Everyone from my family and friends, to my neighbors, to the next generation, to even homeless people or substance addicts.

Even you, the guy I only know through commiserate bitching about hockey over the internet.

I don't want a single one of you to get COVID.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
I wanted to provide an update from my second dose of Phizer, on Monday. Yesterday afternoon I started to get the chills, I then got a fever, and my whole body ached; especially the legs. I went to bed early and slept all through the night, with a fan. Feel a whole lot better this morning and these were side affects that could happen, and were mentioned. My first dose I never had any side affects, except for the sore arm.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Given that you're asking that question, I'm going to say there is just a fundamental divide here that will never be breached.

Personally, I, and I believe many other here, care about the health and well-being of everyone. Everyone from my family and friends, to my neighbors, to the next generation, to even homeless people or substance addicts.

Even you, the guy I only know through commiserate bitching about hockey over the internet.

I don't want a single one of you to get COVID.
I appreciate the lesson in your moral standards but you clearly took my quote out of context (hint: you left out the "if you're vaccinated" part)

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It's my understanding that there are no restrictions for indoor or outdoors sports starting tomorrow.

I know guys that have ice booked for Friday.

Stronger public health measures
Nice! I guess the league just decided to start in July for the sake of it, not because of stage 3. I would of liked them to start earlier, i haven’t been on the ice since November.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My guess is most people want their shot near the end of the week in case of any side effects.

I purposely booked a Friday for this reason and will do so for my 2nd shot also.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Restaurants have also started accepting reservations for indoor dining so it looks like Stage 2 is a go.
Kenney had something on Instagram the other day saying there was an announcement last week saying we were indeed a go for tomorrow.

I think a lot of people, myself included missed it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nice! I guess the league just decided to start in July for the sake of it, not because of stage 3. I would of liked them to start earlier, i haven’t been on the ice since November.
Honestly I'd hate to be anyone in the position of running any sort of team or league. Probably a bit easier now as there is more clarity, but the past few months it's been a shit show. Just talking to friends with their kids how leagues are being pushed back for soccer and baseball, but then start overlapping with hockey.

Seems like a lot of kids are going to miss out on things this year. Especially as a lot of families don't normally want to put their kids into sports in July/August in the first place. Then if it's going to overlap into hockey or something else, it kind of sucks.

I try help, but I don't think the kids like when I play with them. I don't take it easy on them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad