OT: Coronavirus XXXXII: Mixing Vaccines and Aiming for Herd Immunity

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Groups up to 6 I think indoors? If we keep up our current pace, we should have stage 3 opening up somewhere around the 24th.
I heard possibly even earlier, the 22nd, IF everything keeps trending down, and everybody that booked their shot keeps the appointment, not to mention the second dose starts moving (at 14 % now, would love to see that around 30 % in a couple weeks)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I heard possibly even earlier, the 22nd, IF everything keeps trending down, and everybody that booked their shot keeps the appointment, not to mention the second dose starts moving (at 14 % now, would love to see that around 30 % in a couple weeks)

Current projections are 75% 1st dose and 30% second dose by June 26. Info is from this site, which provides a lot of great stats and projections on vaccinations.

Alberta COVID Vaccine Progress

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
do I run to Costco to hoard TP now or later? :laugh:

My unscientific theory is that when Costco has a consistent supply of Lysol wipes, that the virus is receding and we are no longer in danger. Last time I was in they had a ton in stock, so I think we are just about there. ;)

Reactions: oilers'72

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
On the same day Kristian emailed Fauci, he responded to a fellow epidemiologist who first dismissed the theory re: virus was created in a lab. In the response to a fellow epidemiologist, Kristian said:

"Thanks for looping me in Tara. I only had a very quick look at the link, but the analyses are completely flawed and wrong. They can be safely ignored."

He tweeted this roughly 9 hours before emailing Fauci.

Edit: prior to deleting his Twitter account, Kristian deleted approximately 5000 tweets.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

Kristian wrote this 16 days after emailing Fauci:

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted7,11. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used19. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2: (i) natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer; and (ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage could have given rise to SARS-CoV-2.

Reactions: oilers'72

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
On the same day Kristian emailed Fauci, he responded to a fellow epidemiologist who first dismissed the theory re: virus was created in a lab. In the response to a fellow epidemiologist, Kristian said:

"Thanks for looping me in Tara. I only had a very quick look at the link, but the analyses are completely flawed and wrong. They can be safely ignored."

He tweeted this roughly 9 hours before emailing Fauci.

Edit: prior to deleting his Twitter account, Kristian deleted approximately 5000 tweets.
Another smoking gun

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
this guy's lips hurt from kissing Fauci's ass

it's ok to admit he's made many mistakes
like this one:
COVID-19 Travel Update: Fauci Says Cruising Is OK If You Are Healthy
You notice how, in his view, it’s only scientists that can discuss things;
"The fact is, in any scientific process scientists will discuss many things with each other. A lot of crap will be thrown against the wall, and it’s very easy to take casual conversations out of context. Anti-science activists saw this as a template, and began using FOIA requests to harass scientists and hunt for similar gotchas."
Not the same latitude they offer anyone else.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Completely anecdotal, but it seems that our % vaccinated has been increasing by roughly 1%/day, so hopefully that rate can keep up. I guess the limiting factor now is the people on the fence rather than having enough appointments, but I do hope people decide to get the vaccine so we can get things opened up sooner than later.

It was, but more recently it's closer to a half percent. Similar amounts of vaccines are going out overall, but it's almost half and half 2nd dose vs. 1st dose where two weeks ago it was more mostly first dose.

First Dose:
upload_2021-6-7_13-33-32.png

2nd dose:
upload_2021-6-7_13-33-56.png

Combined:
upload_2021-6-7_13-34-22.png

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
As a parent I found this to be a good read. Very glad mine have their first dose and should have their second in short order.

Are COVID-19 Hospitalizations for Children Inflated?
Would be interesting to see the numbers broken down by ages. Having it be people 22 years and younger like the one study did, paints a very broad stroke. Not knowing if the percentages were different from young adults to young children really doesn’t provide any useful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad