OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Latest updated numbers from WHO show 266,000 reported cases worldwide with 11,184 deaths. Latest numbers for US show a spike in reported cases to 15,200 with 201 deaths.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
They found the guy with all the answers! Great job CNN.

PENN.jpg

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just want to go on record saying that I am all for obtaining facts and minimizing outrage. That said, I also want these people prosecuted to the fullest extent if the facts lead where they seem to lead, and I also don’t want the investigation to be conducted by a partisan group that doesn’t have the best interest of the public at the top of their agenda.

All of that said, I am sure this shit happens all the time, but people are normally too busy to notice or the magnitude of the transgressions is not large enough for them to be aware or care.
Am completely with you. The question that I have is that are the senators obligated to follow the same nmpi rules that for example asset managers are? If not, then what they did is not illegal but unethical. Providing that it looks exactly what it looks like.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A lot of these media outlets are struggling for content... nothing like this has ever happened, or even close in the digital age.

Is Sean Penn relevant? Ehhhhhhhh. He's always been outspoken so mayyyyyyyyyyyybe

But it fills time and as long as it's somewhat relevant I think you'll see more and more of it sadly.

I mean it's not easy as just throwing to an anchor in Nebraska or something.

I didn't see this but I also haven't had FOX on much either but, I'll bet if I went back and checked I could find something just as ridic from them.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm glad this thread isn't apocalyptic I honestly, thought it was the end of times listening to Deblasio. I've been avoiding this thread like the plague the last few days. Thank you for being responsible and not creating unnecessary panic. Some of us have anxiety issues.
DeDouchio is an epic failure. And all he does is stir up hysteria, which is all he seems interested in doing. His press conferences are a joke as all he is interested in doing is blaming Trump. What does it tell you that people are saying "Thank God for Cuomo"? I mean if he and Trump have figured out a way to work together in this, why can't our sandanista mayor do the same?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I'm showing my hand politically here but does anyone else think that the media acting like it's the end of the world over and over resulted in a loss of lives when an actual crisis hit?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe I'm showing my hand politically here but does anyone else think that the media acting like it's the end of the world over and over resulted in a loss of lives when an actual crisis hit?
I am not one to blame it all on media and state that they are the enemy of the people, but the fact of the matter is that most of the media is incentivized as they still want to redo the 2016 election and influence the one in November. So while things are tough, there is absolutely no impartiality in reporting. Most of them want things to appear apocalyptic. They believe that will help usher Trump out of office.

And yes, I know someone who works at CNN and another that writes for the Times.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I am not one to blame it all on media and state that they are the enemy of the people, but the fact of the matter is that most of the media is incentivized as they still want to redo the 2016 election and influence the one in November. So while things are tough, there is absolutely no impartiality in reporting. Most of them want things to appear apocalyptic. They believe that will help usher Trump out of office.

And yes, I know someone who works at CNN and another that writes for the Times.

I don't even like Trump but apparently they called him racist when the outbreak happened and he halted Chinese travel. Someone posted that here. If that's not an agenda I don't know what is.

Reactions: bl02

AntNYR

Apr 30, 2019
I don't even like Trump but apparently they called him racist when the outbreak happened and he halted Chinese travel. Someone posted that here. If that's not an agenda I don't know what is.
According to this article that might not be true:
Reuters could not find evidence of major media outlets or Democrats calling the "Proclamation on Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus" racist, xenophobic or bigoted.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trump clearly sees the novel coronavirus as just another foreign invader to keep out — a viewpoint reflected both in his policy proposals and the way he and his administration talk about the virus. This approach is in line with his overarching political strategy of exploiting Americans’ fears to justify racist, nativist policies.

That's the Huffington post.

wowitsanicecity

Nov 29, 2005

Someone put together a thread on twitter yesterday with how many major outlets responded at the time when Trump announced a travel ban from China. I don’t think Reuter’s searches very hard it seems.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Someone put together a thread on twitter yesterday with how many major outlets responded at the time when Trump announced a travel ban from China. I don’t think Reuter’s searches very hard it seems.
The absolute blind hatred that the press and so much of the population has towards Trump is insane. To the degree that they would rather see harm and hysteria, as that gives them a reason to pile on even more.

You had someone here insist that Trump's press conferences are a reason for the historic market meltdown.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

AntNYR

Apr 30, 2019

Thanks, that was an interesting read. I don't use twitter though so I might have missed something due to my inexperience, but from what I saw there was (faulty) criticism of Trump, not accusations of racism which was what the Reuters article was about. Plenty of those experts do look silly now though.

Trump clearly sees the novel coronavirus as just another foreign invader to keep out — a viewpoint reflected both in his policy proposals and the way he and his administration talk about the virus. This approach is in line with his overarching political strategy of exploiting Americans’ fears to justify racist, nativist policies.

That's the Huffington post.
Now this actually counts, even if I expected much worse.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Trump did a shit job with this. He's only finally gotten it. This virus has been spreading inside our country for about 3 months while he was calling it a hoax and after the NBA and NHL shut down he was talking Dana White into keeping UFC events going. And this could turn into a lot of people dead and our economy on its knees. 793 dead in Italy in one day a couple days ago. A couple weeks ago he was telling us it was an ordinary case of the flu.

Italy coronavirus deaths surge by 793 in a day, lifting total death toll to 4,825

It is good that Trump has finally gotten on the right side of this but anyone that would give him a pass for his inaction until very recently--for his tearing apart the office that would have overseen the pandemic response is f***ed up. Some quarters of the Democratic party response has been almost as appalling. Some politicians would rather save the travel industry than make sure we have the hospital equipment we're going to need. Whatever stimulus needs to go to the population and not to f***ing corporations. It sounds to me like Pelosi would rather give us austerity.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks, that was an interesting read. I don't use twitter though so I might have missed something due to my inexperience, but from what I saw there was (faulty) criticism of Trump, not accusations of racism which was what the Reuters article was about. Plenty of those experts do look silly now though.

Now this actually counts, even if I expected much worse.

I honestly see some people that were more freaked out about the roving gangs of Neo-Nazies apparently walking down the streets killing people in every city block of the United States because of Trump than this. And you know what the hysteria that the media created over a relatively small issue is why I and many others didn't take them seriously here. And as I said they have blood on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad