Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
The Hawks don’t need to do anything for Bedard’s sake regarding the rumor. Assuming it isn’t true (which I 100% believe it’s not true), it’s probably super obvious to anyone close to the situation that it isn’t true (like she was literally not in town or something) and therefore Bedard isn’t like crying in the corner because some people on the internet are saying stuff that’s wrong. Professional athletes have to deal with people saying bad stuff about them all the time, I’m sure he has enough maturity and support around him to deal with stupid rumors from @xX_LargeHockeyLover69_Xx.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
Ya know, if this rumor was about anyone EXCEPT bedard, I might think twice about its validity. But the fact that the rumor just happens to be about the one generational player that 31 other teams are jealous of makes it pretty pathetic.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
While we all wait patiently to hear from the team as to what actually happened, might as well as a hockey related question to pass the time.

What does the teams cap look like after the Perry contract termination?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
While we all wait patiently to hear from the team as to what actually happened, might as well as a hockey related question to pass the time.

12.5mil in space currently, 50+mil in space at the deadline.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Depends if Perry's contract was terminated for cause. The Hawks already have plenty of cap space. I believe they have about $3.5mn more if it was for cause.

Regardless, the Hawks terminated Perry's association with the Hawks despite cap ramifications.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
You don’t deny baseless rumors from internet randos. If anything, you tell journalists that they aren’t true anonymously and leave it at that. If the rumor was from a legit source then sure, take it seriously, but you can’t be playing whack-a-mole with every rumor some internet doofuses make up.

I agree with you in theory and maybe even in practice if this was 20 years ago, but nowadays with social media there's really no difference between "legitimate journalist" and "internet rando". The saying is very true that a rumor has made it's way half way around the world before the truth has even gotten out of bed.

And they don't need to deny every rumor, just this one since this one has a real possibility of affecting the 18 year old franchise player.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
does this put Bedard on the 2015 Kane arc where he takes shit around the league for a false rumor/allegation and his production takes another jump

Reactions: Pez68

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
The Hawks don’t need to do anything for Bedard’s sake regarding the rumor. Assuming it isn’t true (which I 100% believe it’s not true), it’s probably super obvious to anyone close to the situation that it isn’t true (like she was literally not in town or something) and therefore Bedard isn’t like crying in the corner because some people on the internet are saying stuff that’s wrong. Professional athletes have to deal with people saying bad stuff about them all the time, I’m sure he has enough maturity and support around him to deal with stupid rumors from @xX_LargeHockeyLover69_Xx.
i feel like you're making more assumptions in this post than the people believing the rumor.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You don’t deny baseless rumors from internet randos. If anything, you tell journalists that they aren’t true anonymously and leave it at that. If the rumor was from a legit source then sure, take it seriously, but you can’t be playing whack-a-mole with every rumor some internet doofuses make up.
Very much this. Addressing the rumor in any way gives it undeserved oxygen.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I agree with you in theory and maybe even in practice if this was 20 years ago, but nowadays with social media there's really no difference between "legitimate journalist" and "internet rando". The saying is very true that a rumor has made it's way half way around the world before the truth has even gotten out of bed.

And they don't need to deny every rumor, just this one since this one has a real possibility of affecting the 18 year old franchise player.
This is just not true, and even if it was it would be in the Hawks best interest to only legitimize rumors coming from sources they have relationships with (ie media credentials) rather than give everyone equal weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad