Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
They would make jokes to each other....not all over the internet while expecting instant answers that they aren't entitled to...

Reactions: Mrfenn92

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Obviously the whole situation sucks but it’s nice to see Danny and the organization back up everything that they said in the aftermath of the beach situation. Real and tangible steps have clearly been taken to ensure nothing like that ever happens again

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Not a 'Hawks fan, I come in peace.

I suspect we will not learn the reason for Perry's termination today. That being said we all know the crazy rumour that's out there. However is Perry does dispute the contract termination we'll almost certainly learn the reason in due course (big if).

Assuming it's not true I hope that the Blackhawks do categorically deny the rumour just so it can stop circulating. Because the statement they released so far is not inconsistent with the rumour.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Unless you know Perry or were his team mate, you really have no clue.

I mean, its not like the Blackhawks covered something up for over a decade or anything....

Um... signing him in the first place?
And did you know Perry? Were you one of his teammates? Or are you clueless yourself?

Not a 'Hawks fan, I come in peace.

I suspect we will not learn the reason for Perry's termination today. That being said we all know the crazy rumour that's out there. However is Perry does dispute the contract termination we'll almost certainly learn the reason in due course (big if).

Assuming it's not true I hope that the Blackhawks do categorically deny the rumour just so it can stop circulating. Because the statement they released so far is not inconsistent with the rumour.
The rumor has been disproven by several beat writers and did not originate from any reliable source. It's shit that people made up because it's fun to act like a troll on the internet.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the one thing i read is Perry traveled to Columbus for the game and something occurred there and that is why he did not play. So something Tuesday evening or WED morning. not saying its true but it makes sense on the timeline

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
what is not serious about this? If that rumor is allowed to grow it can hurt Bedard on and off the ice. The Hawks need to stop that from happening.

It's really simple: "There have been some nasty rumors floating around social media regarding Corey and a family member of a Hawks employee. I'm here to say that those rumors are categorically false."

How hard is that?
You don’t deny baseless rumors from internet randos. If anything, you tell journalists that they aren’t true anonymously and leave it at that. If the rumor was from a legit source then sure, take it seriously, but you can’t be playing whack-a-mole with every rumor some internet doofuses make up.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
And did you know Perry? Were you one of his teammates? Or are you clueless yourself?

The rumor has been disproven by several beat writers and did not originate from any reliable source. It's shit that people made up because it's fun to act like a troll on the internet.
Bruins fan come in peace

To squash that rumor.... BH should make an announcement/reason for dismissal.

Otherwise ... this is the kind of stuff that can get out of control.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I'll stick by him at least until the reason comes out. I've given up hope of getting mine signed though.
I was supposed to go down after the game this past Friday to say hi to him. Last time I saw him was in Toronto and Leafs fans were chirping him for the Tavares incident. It's a shame this is happening.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
what is not serious about this? If that rumor is allowed to grow it can hurt Bedard on and off the ice. The Hawks need to stop that from happening.

It's really simple: "There have been some nasty rumors floating around social media regarding Corey and a family member of a Hawks employee. I'm here to say that those rumors are categorically false."

How hard is that?
There are still a large amount of people that still think Hossa faked his well medically documented skin issue even after he came out and talked about all the aggressive treatments he had to go through, just to save the hawks cap space. People believe what they want to believe. If you think the hawks publicly denying that is going to make the people that bought the rumor suddenly stop believing, you are naive. It’s not going to do anything but draw more attention to it.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012

Yeah but those beat writers will not expose themselves out of the circle of trust.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He was scheduled to dress in Columbus and was a very late scratch and then a no-show at practice the next day.

Do we know if Perry was at the Arena at all the day of the game?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I was supposed to go down after the game this past Friday to say hi to him. Last time I saw him was in Toronto and Leafs fans were chirping him for the Tavares incident. It's a shame this is happening.
No that’s not true. He’s been to Toronto … 11 times since that happened. We boo him because of yellow hoodie and him being the last guy off the ice. Hope he signs in Toronto.

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah but those beat writers will not expose themselves out of the circle of trust.
Anything a beat writer says should be taken with a grain of salt, especially in Chicago.

These guys won't say anything to lose their media credentials.

Chances are they're being fed what to say from the org anyways for first dibs on the dessert cart in catering

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They might not be able to.

Just chill for f's sake - social media is an uncontrollable cancer and you can't apologize to an angry mob.
If Perry wants to tag on with another team.... he has to clear his name somehow

I guess we will see

Btw ... isnt it also better to clear it up.. so Bedard name also isnt involved...

ello

Jun 12, 2018
If the rumours are false, KD pretty much has to provide some information if not for the sake of Connor Bedard

Reactions: rocketdan9

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Unless you know Perry or were his team mate, you really have no clue.

I mean, its not like the Blackhawks covered something up for over a decade or anything....

Um... signing him in the first place?
Such a dumb take. You don't know anything about perry's past either and yet you want to make it seem like Davidson did something wrong by signing him? Davidson could have gotten glowing endorsements about Perry and had no reason to believe he'd be a problem.

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
If the rumours are false, KD pretty much has to provide some information if not for the sake of Connor Bedard
Well, the organizations image matters a hell of alot more then Bedards.

I don't believe those rumors. I'm more Corey Perry is a piece of shit then anything posted on X by idiots hiding behind spoofed accounts.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Well, the organizations image matters a hell of alot more then Bedards.

I don't believe those rumors. I'm more Corey Perry is a piece of shit then anything posted on X by idiots hiding behind spoofed accounts.
Unfortunately Bedard pretty much is the organization right now

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This sounds like a HR related termination. The Hawks appeared to have followed protocol.

1. Suspended Perry indefinitely after the allegations were known.
2. The Hawks did their due diligence in an internal investigation.
3. Terminated Perry's contract and employment once found guilty of the misbehavior.

Perry's transgressions will come out in time. It could be both a deeply private matter for Perry that is obviously unacceptable for the Hawks organization. That is why it sounds like Hawks HR got involved.

What's most important is the process. It appears the Hawks followed NHL and CBA protocol. That is what we want to see from the new Blackhawks organization. The Hawks can't control player behavior ... but they can control the consequences after a fair internal investigation.

Like I said, the Hawks owe Perry nothing except his one year $4mn guarantee. After the internal investigation they terminated his employment. The Hawks did the most an employer can do minus notifying law enforcement. I'm sure the Hawks did IF laws were broken.

The process is what matters. It appears the Hawks followed NHL and CBA protocol. That is how every party involved is protected fairly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad