Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Luke Richardson went to bat for Perry because of their time in Montreal, so there is that to consider...Davidson was just looking for types of players, Richardson likely had a lot of influence on trading for him

30 minutes and the main board thread got locked. What the hell is wrong with people? People are all about mental health until it’s time to spread damaging rumors because you don’t like a hockey team.
almost like people are full of shit

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’m sure the mom stuff is nonsense, I’m just so tired of the Blackhawks always having drama.

Reactions: Minowaman

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Was there anything shady about Perry's past with other teams? If not how was Davidson suppose to know he was going to do something stupid once he got here, I only seen praise for him by his former teammates/fans when he was traded for.
KD probably gets a pass on the conduct stuff with Perry, but at the end of the day KD still brought in a high profile HOF-ish player of marginal NHL-skating talent at 4x salary to perform in a role he hasn't had. The knock is that it was a needless risk for distraction in any one of dozens of scenarios. Here we go.

Would make sense if Richardson pushed the needle for KD to sign him, who knows.

On the bright side, better to be done with it sooner rather than later.

Quick reminder about THAT rumor

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Just a quick reminder to everyone here.

THAT rumor has been shot down by multiple individuals on the beat. It did NOT originate from a reliable source to begin with (unlike something like the Babcock phone rumor that originated from Paul Bissonnette). And promoting that rumor here will have Shogun slicing your throat with a samurai sword while you're sleeping.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Gotta love that BS angle of “well if u don’t want idiots like us spreading rumors then get out ahead of it and give us details on what happened”….yeah…because controlling whatever nonsense gets spewed by idiots on HFboards forums or wherever else is more important than protecting the privacy of the individuals involved and waiting for the proper time after all the facts are gathered…..

Smh

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I really don't care to know what happened.

This is America where our sick society loves to see somebody in the spotlight have an epic downfall for whatever reason. The comments all over social media are disgusting and this situation just makes me hate this perry guy even more than I thought was possible. I hope he goes to a rival team and gets brutally ko'd by Foligno every time they meet.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
KD probably gets a pass on the conduct stuff with Perry, but at the end of the day KD still brought in a high profile HOF-ish player of marginal NHL-skating talent at 4x salary to perform in a role he hasn't had. The knock is that it was a needless risk for distraction in any one of dozens of scenarios. Here we go.

Would make sense if Richardson pushed the needle for KD to sign him, who knows.

On the bright side, better to be done with it sooner rather than later.
What are you even talking about? We don't even know what happened yet and you could say that literally any player brought in could be a potential distraction.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

I understand why many people around the hockey world are having this reaction. But the Blackhawks have clearly learned from the abhorrent Beach scandal — and this is proof. They did exactly what SHOULD be done: received allegations of wrongdoing, suspended the player while investigating them, and then terminated his contract.

@benpopecst hitting the nail on the f***ing head.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
This is 100% on Davidson.

He brought the guy here. The guy brought toxicity if the reason is being detrimental to the team.

More reason for Bedard to get the hell outta Chicago the first chance he gets. The org hasn't learned a damn thing.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
What are you even talking about? We don't even know what happened yet and you could say that literally any player brought in could be a potential distraction.
No, there's a difference between Perry's profile and say Foligno's.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
This is 100% on Davidson.

He brought the guy here. The guy brought toxicity if the reason is being detrimental to the team.

More reason for Bedard to get the hell outta Chicago the first chance he gets. The org hasn't learned a damn thing.
Corey Perry is a longtime NHL vet who has played for the Ducks, Habs, and Bolts before Davidson offered him a contract. There were ZERO signs of any issues with him at the time of signing.

And when issues arose, management kept him out of team activities and a few days after investigating, have terminated his contract.

I don't see any wrong doing by management. None.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I want alibi's and a police investigation on this stat. You can't deny a rumor without proof

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I really don't care to know what happened.
I agree with this. We know it wasn't good and that's enough.

I just want to know why the Hawks didn't say along the lines of they were making sure they had information straight before going public with anything else and they are respecting everyone's privacy in the meantime as their process plays out.

Seemed like a great and badly needed opportunity for the top of the franchise to tell everyone how they're doing things differently than before while pumping the brakes a little bit on the rumor generator...without disclosing anything about whatever happened.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can we close this thread now?

Hawks have a game against Seattle tonight. Their play is inconsistent to put it mildly; their PP is brutal, they no longer have one of the few guys who showed the cream puffs how to score greasy goals. That's some of the things that we should be discussing.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can we close this thread now?

Hawks have a game against Seattle tonight. Their play is inconsistent to put it mildly; their PP is brutal, they no longer have one of the few guys who showed the cream puffs how to score greasy goals. That's some of the things that we should be discussing.

A player getting cut is discussion-worthy even on a game day.

Direct speculation certainly is not, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad