Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
You honestly think donating 10 million to a children's hospital wing is a PR move?
Exactly. Good PR is a hell of a lot cheaper than 10m. People hate Subban because he's not the typical Canadian hockey player, and it's beyond ridiculous the amount of hate the man gets. GOD FORBID a hockey player is marketable. The absolute canadian horror! I wouldn't necessarily mind shedding PK's salary for the right player(s), as 10m in cap can go a longggg way and his play may be replaceable on our blueline with the current D corps + a good 2nd pair guy/Fabbro. But it HAS to be worth it for hockey reasons solely.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Exactly. Good PR is a hell of a lot cheaper than 10m. People hate Subban because he's not the typical Canadian hockey player, and it's beyond ridiculous the amount of hate the man gets. GOD FORBID a hockey player is marketable. The absolute canadian horror! I wouldn't necessarily mind shedding PK's salary for the right player(s), as 10m in cap can go a longggg way and his play may be replaceable on our blueline with the current D corps + a good 2nd pair guy/Fabbro. But it HAS to be worth it for hockey reasons solely.

Would you trade Subban to Edmonton for the eighth overall pick and salary dump?

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
PK Subban is a big personality in a sport full of smaller ones. As someone fairly introverted, big loud personalities annoy the shit out of me, so I can easily see how Subban's teammates would get annoyed by him.

Reactions: Drew311

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
must be fun to live in your black and white world where everything is straightforward and everybody tells the truth.

give me your glasses please

It's a much easier life than assuming everyone lies in an anonymous survey and doubting the comprehension of word definitions and then spreading conjecture.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
9M for 3 years is not too bad for a 30 year old, especially if he can bounce back. Preds retain 1.5-2.5M and suddenly it's a great contract IMO. Finished the season pretty well and a good playoffs should regain people's confidence in him having good season next 3 years. Term is very reasonable.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
My concerns about Subban why MTL and Nashville would be in such a hurry to move the guy. I mean, Norris Trophy winning d-men don't grow on trees. MTL moved him while he was right in his prime.

I think it's clear he impacts team chemistry in a bad way.
Meanwhile, the guy seems to always be on teams that at worst makes it to round 2 and a lockerroom gods like Weber can't make it past round 1.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
In all honesty, while it's not out of the realm of possibility Nashville moves PK, I really doubt this guy has any credibility about this. Once we offload Turris's contract and a few free agents leave (presumably Simmonds, Boyle, McLeod, Rinaldo), we shouldn't be at too big a cap crunch to get a new 2C in. Rest of the roster is fine, and there's nothing at all suggesting PK doesn't get along with teammates. He's stood up for them against Arizona (fought Crouse when he leveled Arvi), Vancouver (Virtanen hit on Emelin), and he never seems out of place with the guys from our perspective. He's been a consummate professional. People's only qualm with him was his streaky play this year, but he's been VERY good over the past few weeks and it seemed like he was injured a good bit of this year. Arguably our best defenseman recently.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I will give this a try . The Oilers need to send cap back so keep that in mind . I will try and keep the cap going back to a minimum .

To Nashville Lucic 1/3 retained after July first , 1st rd pick in 2020 , 2nd rd pick in 2021 , Bear and Puljujarvi +. Nashville is a team that is good at putting players in a position to succeed so I think Puljujarvi would do well there. Lucic is the tough pill to swallow for Nashville but after July 1st he will be owed 16 million so real money being paid by Nashville would be 10.66 million over 4 years or 2.6 million a year . Lucic can be usefully in the bottom 6 . The Oilers will still need to move on from 1 of Russell or Sekera . I get if Nashville don't like it but 9 million cap hit is not an easy thing to move .

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why is everyone down on Subban after one below average season??? He's still under 30 and is a bonafide #1 RHD. Its insane how people try to knock him down a peg.

I would trade anyone on the Habs team for Subban.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He had a bad year, but I wish we could afford him in Edmonton, but we can't with McDavid and Draisaitl's contracts, and the plethora of junk contracts that we have to deal with.

Not real true . Look at Chicago . We can add 1 high end D but we need to lose Lucic or Sekera + Russell . I rather it to be Lucic with 1/3 retained . We would still need to try and move Russell . But those 2 gone with 1/3 retained on Lucic opens up 8 million Subban at 9 million would fit . I was against adding Subban because of cap but if it is done right we could do it and he would improved our offence .

Klefbom Subban
Sekera Larsson
Nurse Perrson ?

With only adding 1 million in cap it lets us add a 4 or 4.5 million dollar winger .

Draisaitl McD Kassian/Chiasson or resign Maroon and put Draisaitl on the right side
Benson RNH UFA signing or trade

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I will give this a try . The Oilers need to send cap back so keep that in mind . I will try and keep the cap going back to a minimum .

To Nashville Lucic 1/3 retained after July first , 1st rd pick in 2020 , 2nd rd pick in 2021 , Bear and Puljujarvi . Nashville is a team that is good at putting players in a position to succeed so I think Puljujarvi would do will . Lucic is the tough pill to swallow for Nashville but after July 1st he will be owed 16 million so real money being paid by Nashville would be 10.66 million over 4 years or 2.6 million a year . Lucic can be usefully in the bottom 6 . The Oilers will still need to move on from 1 of Russell or Sekera . I get if Nashville don't like it but 9 million cap hit is not an easy thing to move .
I don't think Nashville is into swallowing tough pills. There's just no reason to. No real urgency to make any move at all, let alone take back any undesired items. So give us stuff we want, or don't bother. That's really the only way that Subban or Ellis move, and if you don't want to do that, fine, we simply don't need to move them. Lucic is a non-starter here, even some bad offers here aren't THAT bad.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
If Subban was white and acted white then there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s old media personalities like Cherry and Burke that have a problem with how Subban acts. I doubt any of the younger players even care.
Why the racist comment? Just because the guy in black doesn't mean the hockey world is out to get him.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
In all honesty, while it's not out of the realm of possibility Nashville moves PK, I really doubt this guy has any credibility about this. Once we offload Turris's contract and a few free agents leave (presumably Simmonds, Boyle, McLeod, Rinaldo), we shouldn't be at too big a cap crunch to get a new 2C in. Rest of the roster is fine, and there's nothing at all suggesting PK doesn't get along with teammates. He's stood up for them against Arizona (fought Crouse when he leveled Arvi), Vancouver (Virtanen hit on Emelin), and he never seems out of place with the guys from our perspective. He's been a consummate professional. People's only qualm with him was his streaky play this year, but he's been VERY good over the past few weeks and it seemed like he was injured a good bit of this year. Arguably our best defenseman recently.
Yeah, Corey Hirsch doesn't have much of any reputation to stake, but it's weird he'd stake it this way. Dunno if he's really any more credible than some random poster here, really? It's not that it's not an interesting speculative item, but it just sounds like attention-seeking for him to try to stir something up right now? That's all he's doing right? Dunno what he gets out of it, but I guess if nobody knows who you are, nobody remembers when your "100% sure" amounts to nothing. :dunno:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If Subban was white and acted white then there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s old media personalities like Cherry and Burke that have a problem with how Subban acts. I doubt any of the younger players even care.
This is BS. It's got nothing to do with race. And Subban isn't a bad guy either to be clear, but he has an irritating personality that wears down his welcome in locker rooms. To put it simply, he's super annoying.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is BS. It's got nothing to do with race. And Subban isn't a bad guy either to be clear, but he has an irritating personality that wears down his welcome in locker rooms. To put it simply, he's super annoying.

Because he doesn’t act like a stereo typical white, Canadian hockey player? You see this all the time with black players that don’t act the way the hockey world wants them to.

Reactions: Mustard

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Because he doesn’t act like a stereo typical white, Canadian hockey player? You see this all the time with black players that don’t act the way the hockey world wants them to.
You can act how you act, but if you are super annoying, you are super annoying...

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not real true . Look at Chicago . We can add 1 high end D but we need to lose Lucic or Sekera + Russell . I rather it to be Lucic with 1/3 retained . We would still need to try and move Russell . But those 2 gone with 1/3 retained on Lucic opens up 8 million Subban at 9 million would fit . I was against adding Subban because of cap but if it is done right we could do it and he would improved our offence .

Klefbom Subban
Sekera Larsson
Nurse Perrson ?

With only adding 1 million in cap it lets us add a 4 or 4.5 million dollar winger .

Draisaitl McD Kassian/Chiasson or resign Maroon and put Draisaitl on the right side
Benson RNH UFA signing or trade
Well if we're talking moving unmovable contracts anything is possible. Not likely that we move Lucic at all.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well if we're talking moving unmovable contracts anything is possible. Not likely that we move Lucic at all.

I agree On Lucic . I think Sekera may be movable but would rather keep him . Russell is also movable . He is probably over paid by 1 million but he not anywhere lucid level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad