Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't think Nashville is into swallowing tough pills. There's just no reason to. No real urgency to make any move at all, let alone take back any undesired items. So give us stuff we want, or don't bother. That's really the only way that Subban or Ellis move, and if you don't want to do that, fine, we simply don't need to move them. Lucic is a non-starter here, even some bad offers here aren't THAT bad.

Well with all do respect I did offer some nice pieces with Lucic and retained on Lucic .

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A 8th OA pick isn't a wildcard for good drafting teams . An Oiler ran team ? Yes it is a complete wildcard

History has shown that the #8 is hit and miss. You may get a Couturier or a Burmistrov. A Werenski or a Glennie.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Well with all do respect I did offer some nice pieces with Lucic and retained on Lucic .
But they were futures pieces, and Nashville is (or at least supposedly is) in a Cup window and would need those nice pieces to be more immediate. The guys offering Larsson and something were more in the right direction I think. The idea of moving Lucic with futures could work somewhere - but I don't see that being a likely recipe for Nashville because neither of those things are really what Nashville would be looking for.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Odd they’d move a guy that’s playing 25+ a game in the post season for them.

Not odd when we have three other guys capable of playing 25+ a game and not suck at $9m.

He's playing a lot better lately. Hopefully, although stupidly, he was just playing less than 100% this year and this was a fluke season.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
New Jersey has a ton of cap space and I think this is the summer were Ray has to make some moves to add legit talent to our roster. He also has to show Taylor Hall, who will need a new deal by next summer, that we're heading in the right direction. With us winning the lottery and locking up Jack Hughes, giving us Hischier and Hughes down the middle for the next decade, it's a solid start to building a strong foundation.

With that said, if Subban is on the market, I can see Shero being real interested. Would something like Samy Vatanen+++, Zacha++ or Severson+ might be on option?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Could make a lot of sense for Detroit. Team starting to be on the rise with its young forwards, we have lots of assets (picks and prospects) and a lot of cap space, with a clear need at #1 d-man.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
How is Rasmussen developing?

Not great, but I really think he could bit by the CHL-NHL transfer agreement. If he was in the AHL this year I think he would have progressed a lot better. I do believe that he probably should be in the AHL at least to start next season unless he has a really big offseason and adds muscle, and a better first step. Kid has toold around the net, but wasn't in a great situation this past season imo

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
If Subban was white and acted white then there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s old media personalities like Cherry and Burke that have a problem with how Subban acts. I doubt any of the younger players even care.
I've always been under the impression Cherry loves Subban. First I hear of Cherry not liking Subban. He's been a big Subban supporter I thought. Do you have some sort of source for saying that Cherry doesn't like Subban?

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Larsson + for Subban

Josi - Ellis
Eklhom - Larsson

That's still a great top 4 D and Nashville gains 5M in cap space to sign Duchene.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Larsson + for Subban

Josi - Ellis
Eklhom - Larsson

That's still a great top 4 D and Nashville gains 5M in cap space to sign Duchene.
Except we'd probably do it Josi-Larsson / Ekholm-Ellis to mix the offense and D and size a little better. Although (small sample) Subban looks more like his normal studly self so far in the playoffs so the odds of him being moved for lesser parts may become a lot more unlikely. But the argument has always gone that we could deal Ellis instead in such a move if Subban does recover enough to make trading him too unpalatable.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I'd be worried about the back-end of that deal considering his issues. But, given Toronto's needs, they'd be stupid to not inquire if they can get him for a package that doesn't include Matthews, Marner, Tavares (can't even be included because of NMC) or Rielly. Nylander+ is absolutely something that should be on the table.

probably something like Nylander, Connor Brown and a 1st round pick

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Subban looks more like his normal studly self so far in the playoffs so the odds of him being moved for lesser parts may become a lot more unlikely. But the argument has always gone that we could deal Ellis instead in such a move if Subban does recover enough to make trading him too unpalatable.

Larsson + Yamamoto

Reactions: Tex76

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Meanwhile, the guy seems to always be on teams that at worst makes it to round 2 and a lockerroom gods like Weber can't make it past round 1.

LOL
Edmonton is full of locker room gods

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad