HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Just had to get it on record that I've never seen a half of soccer with so little soccer in it. It is insane how much "not football" occurred.
Argentina is clearly the better side but the flopping was downright shameful. Kind of a disgrace for a world champion team to behave like that. I get that players will always embellish to get the call but it is taking on a strange life of its own.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
who are you? Speedball Mike Bailey? :D
Haha same profession, nowhere near as important. 😅

Need to find a CF that can score and a winger. Let's start with that.
We've got one of the best CFs in soccer. We just need to surround him better. A creative midfielder instead of Larin would do nice. Or a real winger instead of a fullback playing wing (Laryea).

Reactions: MarkJ

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Just had to get it on record that I've never seen a half of soccer with so little soccer in it. It is insane how much "not football" occurred.
Argentina is clearly the better side but the flopping was downright shameful. Kind of a disgrace for a world champion team to behave like that. I get that players will always embellish to get the call but it is taking on a strange life of its own.

Worst past was the referee not adding more time at the end. I mean, Davies' injury alone took more time than that

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Nice! LOVE wrestling.
Oh really? I'll post a highlight video here in just a minute if you want to check it out.

well, we lasted longer than brazil, so there's that. also, we tied france a month ago. this team is headed in the right direction, we don't have the talent to compete with argentina, spain, england, but the gap is getting closer.
Also longer than USA and Mexico

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
haha that's great. Let's get you on Evil Uno's Mystery Wrestling. :D
Haha I really appreciate that. I'm taking a short break after this weekend though. I want to get into better shape so I can give the fans their money's worth.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I have no pull. :D
You can move!
Hahaha, I'm just saying. When I get back I hope to do more. One of the promotions in that video was in Quebec.

That was a fairly early video, so my second rope splash didn't make it in, because I had only missed it in matches at that point. 😅

I appreciate the feedback!

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Disgusting game, it's like the refs handed Argentina the match. The ref was all for Argentina. De Paul was such a flopper. I really liked when Koné kicked the ball towards De Paul's back. Yeah, it's anti-sportsmanship but because of De Paul, there was very little soccer played in the second half. Also, the ref adding just 4 min at the end, was a joke. Davies' injury wasted like 10 min. Canada came out strong, unfortunately they lack a striker. Oluwaseyi should have played from the start. Hopefully, they build on this experience and make a deep run for the World Cup. Canada couldn't pull a Greece, and that's fine.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Disgusting game, it's like the refs handed Argentina the match. The ref was all for Argentina. De Paul was such a flopper. I really liked when Koné kicked the ball towards De Paul's back. Yeah, it's anti-sportsmanship but because of De Paul, there was very little soccer played in the second half. Also, the ref adding just 4 min at the end, was a joke. Davies' injury wasted like 10 min. Canada came out strong, unfortunately they lack a striker. Oluwaseyi should have played from the start. Hopefully, they build on this experience and make a deep run for the World Cup. Canada couldn't pull a Greece, and that's fine.
We have one of the best strikers in the world over the last 4 years.

Just because he had a bad game and has minimal support doesn't mean he sucks. Guy literally led his team to a title over Mbappe, Messi and Neymar.

• Haha
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We have one of the best strikers in the world over the last 4 years.

Just because he had a bad game and has minimal support doesn't mean he sucks. Guy literally led his team to a title over Mbappe, Messi and Neymar.
Jonathan David is a striker when fed elite passes in L1.. unfortunately Copa brand soccer is way more opportunistic, kick and run, through balls, etc... some might call that old-school, but it allows for more creativity from the forwards on the attack, as opposed to the more European "possession" in the midfield -- which is sadly suffocating the game..
The problem with David is he seems to be stuck in the club system style... i find his game doesn't translate well when he is forced utilize his wingers for a pure give and go he doesnt seem to react in time..

Anyways, if somehow CONCACAF can adopt the open free flowing game of conmebol with the reffing from UEFA we'd be in for a treat..
Make it 2 x 35min stop time halfs (this takes away all the time ugliness and antics and fake injuries and tempers). Offside line is standing at the 18yard box (like the blue line in hockey).. if game is tied, straight to penalty shots. Some wins, someone loses. Guaranteed. Ties are for prep schools and 5 day cricket test matches.
Yellow cards are a 5min penalty (player sidelined) team down one man.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Jonathan David is a striker when fed elite passes in L1.. unfortunately Copa brand soccer is way more opportunistic, kick and run, through balls, etc... some might call that old-school, but it allows for more creativity from the forwards on the attack, as opposed to the more European "possession" in the midfield -- which is sadly suffocating the game..
The problem with David is he seems to be stuck in the club system style... i find his game doesn't translate well when he is forced utilize his wingers for a pure give and go he doesnt seem to react in time..

Anyways, if somehow CONCACAF can adopt the open free flowing game of conmebol with the reffing from UEFA we'd be in for a treat..
Make it 2 x 35min stop time halfs (this takes away all the time ugliness and antics and fake injuries and tempers). Offside line is standing at the 18yard box (like the blue line in hockey).. if game is tied, straight to penalty shots. Some wins, someone loses. Guaranteed. Ties are for prep schools and 5 day cricket test matches.
Yellow cards are a 5min penalty (player sidelined) team down one man.
I disagree, I just think he does so much extra when playing for Canada than league play. He's usually not the most advanced. He's usually coming back on defense quite deep.

And how does he use his wingers? Laryea at wing is a joke. Millar isn't far off. And Shaff carried the ball 90% of the time. David seems to do much better in a single striker system with Canada because we usually will have a stronger midfield. He's a solid second striker as well, but Canada is nowhere near having the talent for him to play there like he has been.

He uses his wingers and forwards all the time in L1. But he's normally playing the Larin role there.

Before tonight he wasn't really getting enough touches. Eustaquio and Osorio/Kone isn't a strong enough midfield. Especially when your forwards are lacking. Larin was pretty brutal this entire tournament and doesn't have the same compete/engine as David. Even still, with Laryea playing significant time up front, it was not meant to be.

I also like draws, so I disagree completely on that point as well. I wish hockey would have them again.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ok, start Oluwasey next game. 2 fantastic chances.

4 minutes!!! That's it!
That's exactly why players use time wasting. Imagine, you stay down for 3 minutes and they don't even add it to the extra time. This is why football is so frustrating to watch. Players are encouraged to dive and waste time. If they enforced stricter rules that could easily go away.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Well, maybe you should learn about Argentina. Although they are easily one of the most talented collection or players in world football they are well known to have rats that waste time or emballish at every occasion. It's a very frustrating bunch to watch but at the sametime it is effective for them as they have been winning everything the last few years so they are encouraged to continue with their antics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad