Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] D Spencer Stastney re-signs with the Predators (2 years, $825k AAV, two-way in first year; arbitration award)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Good for him! I didn't think he had enough of a case on stats alone to get that much more than the Preds' filing. But $400k in the AHL and a 1-way in Year 2 would be very fair.

He should be in the NHL both years, just if the Preds end up with a numbers game with other guys who aren't waiver exempt like he is, or need to try to sneak under the Cap with a short roster, he could end up in Milwaukee again to start this season. At least he'll have $400k to help cushion any such injustice.
:handclap:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Good for him! I didn't think he had enough of a case on stats alone to get that much more than the Preds' filing. But $400k in the AHL and a 1-way in Year 2 would be very fair.

He should be in the NHL both years, just if the Preds end up with a numbers game with other guys who aren't waiver exempt like he is, or need to try to sneak under the Cap with a short roster, he could end up in Milwaukee again to start this season. At least he'll have $400k to help cushion any such injustice.

Yes I am glad the arbitrator gave a large AHL contract. So not as big of a blow.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024

He can buy a really nice cushion to make those bus rides more comfortable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad