Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
There isn't much of a gap as far as talent goes. Some could argue there is no gap at all. However, McDavid is a Canadian playing Major Junior hockey and the media has been hyping him for years. Eichel is an American playing NCAA hockey.

The hype behind McDavid simply won't be stopped. He will go number one no matter what happens due to this. So I suppose the gap between whether he'll go one or not is starting to widen into a sure thing. The gap in talent is much smaller if there at all.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm not as big of a fan of McDavid as many people are, but he's still a step above Eichel.

Every year the media likes to create a "Who will go #1" type story, but it always ends up being the one we expected.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
There isn't much of a gap as far as talent goes. Some could argue there is no gap at all. However, McDavid is a Canadian playing Major Junior hockey and the media has been hyping him for years. Eichel is an American playing NCAA hockey.

The hype behind McDavid simply won't be stopped. He will go number one no matter what happens due to this. So I suppose the gap between whether he'll go one or not is starting to widen into a sure thing. The gap in talent is much smaller if there at all.

:shakehead Whatever helps you sleep at night

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

Let's be real, only reason he chose NCAA is because he is scared of McDavid.:help:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Let's be real, only reason he chose NCAA is because he is scared of McDavid.:help:

blakckid.gif

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

We will know a year from now. Both will be playing for lousy teams and competing for the Calder.

Microsens

Jul 18, 2014
Kid is a stud. I give a slight edge to Eichel over MaDavid tho.. but not by much.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Kid is a stud. I give a slight edge to Eichel over MaDavid tho.. but not by much.

What is your reasoning for that? McDavids draft year is just as impressive as Crosby's. McDavid has made me believe the hype that he nay be as good as Crosby. I see Eichel as a better Getzlaf/same mold as Modano

Microsens

Jul 18, 2014
What is your reasoning for that? McDavids draft year is just as impressive as Crosby's. McDavid has made me believe the hype that he nay be as good as Crosby. I see Eichel as a better Getzlaf/same mold as Modano
He's very unique. A true power forward with an array of talents.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He's very unique. A true power forward with an array of talents.

He's not really a poweforward though. He has the size of one but doesn't necessarily use it a 100% effectively, or in a powerforwardesque manner. He does use his reach for puck protection and that's becoming more and more important in today's NHL.

Scarbarian*

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: keep dreaming, I said it before and I will say it 100 timesagain and again. Eichel is no where near McDavid's level, elite prospect no doubt but McDavid is two steps ahead and Eichel wouldn't come close to the impact mcDavid has made.

Oct 18, 2011
Why is McDavid considered so much better than Eichel?

Hype?
On paper isn't Eichel the prototypical player you would want to try and build around?
It seems like McDavid is basically considered the lock to go first but what is Eichel lacking in his game, that prevents him from being rated number 1

SChan*

Because he is better. Eichel has more to prove on a dominant US team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad