Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Numbers inflated by playing with Hyman :sarcasm: but seriously, this guy is insane. Best offensive player I have ever seen.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
The powerplay has been so potent that McDavid could feasibly end up even clearly higher than 150 points. No, seriously, his oish% is not that much higher than it has been the last couple of years and he is on pace for 210 points. 150 points doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

I don't know if any limits can be put on him. He has increased his shot volume. I think 60+ goals could well happen. I am thinking that maybe he has put his sights on 50 in 50 too...

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
It's like the dude's arms and legs process moves even before his brain which is itself 10x faster than everyone else's on the ice. It's not uncommon for him to make absurdly creative and ridiculous passes/plays that set up his teammates too well and they're caught off guard and unable to take advantage. He really is just unbelievable.

Reactions: Frosty415 and banks

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I was cracking up watching the power play last night. It’s straight comical how good it is. I’ve never seen anything like that.

Also he played 25 minutes last night. That can’t be manageable

The thing is, people always drool about how fast he is and rightfully so, but I think his efficiency is actually what makes him remarkable. He doesn't seem to expend a lot of energy getting up to speed because of the way he skates, and then generally he uses his momentum to float around the ice. It also helps he doesn't engage physically in board battles, he let's Pool and Hyman or Drai do that.

He just seems to use 50% of everyone else's energy on a given shift and then after a 30 second break, he's back out there. I'm sure his recovery and stamina are extreme like Nurse, but something about the way he plays the game allows him to have exceptionally high ice times and still burst people later in a game or later in the season. Physically, he's got to be one of the most efficient players of all time. He looks like he plays in a friction-less environment while everyone else is skating in mud.

He reminds me of watching some of the upper high-end cyclists in the Tour De France.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
I doubt McDavid gonna end up 150 Points.

130+ Points would be excellent for him.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
I have seen Gretzky. I have seen Lemieux. I really think Mc David is better than both of them. Just an incredible hockey player. The Oilers are so blessed to have 2 of the best hockey players of all time to play for them.

Be careful... Gretzky fans gonna jump on you for this opinion. :laugh:

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
He's a sick player. Unreal. I don't think he gets 200 points but he will lead NHL. Don't think he'll ever be an Ovi goal scorer either, but he does other things much better. Wish he played for Carolina.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The thing is, people always drool about how fast he is and rightfully so, but I think his efficiency is actually what makes him remarkable. He doesn't seem to expend a lot of energy getting up to speed because of the way he skates, and then generally he uses his momentum to float around the ice. It also helps he doesn't engage physically in board battles, he let's Pool and Hyman or Drai do that.

He just seems to use 50% of everyone else's energy on a given shift and then after a 30 second break, he's back out there. I'm sure his recovery and stamina are extreme like Nurse, but something about the way he plays the game allows him to have exceptionally high ice times and still burst people later in a game or later in the season. Physically, he's got to be one of the most efficient players of all time. He looks like he plays in a friction-less environment while everyone else is skating in mud.

He reminds me of watching some of the upper high-end cyclists in the Tour De France.

And he doesn't get tired. You rarely see him gassed out. What does he eat before games?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, I have never seen a guy accelerate in full control of the puck like McDavid does, esp. in that he can do it while skating in circles or dipsy-doodling.

Besides him, the fastest skaters I've seen might be:
-- Paul Coffey: Had a similarly bizarre acceleration ability that seemed to defy the laws of physics, but didn't have nearly as many moves in the offensive zone as McDavid, and wasn't as good at stopping and starting.
-- Russ Courtnall: Could fly in one direction like a rocket... but couldn't control the puck very well while doing so. Average hockey IQ; hence, not even an All Star.
-- Pavel Bure: Similar explosive speed in one direction as McDavid, but he couldn't stay in control of the puck while zipping around in various directions like McDavid does.

Some other guys might enter the conversation, like young Mogilny, etc., but those three stand out to me.

Scotty Bowman said that Bobby Orr is the only player he has seen (and he's seen them all in person from the late '40s to today) who could beat other players with his skating like McDavid does. The thing is, though, even if he was just an average skater, he'd still have the elite offensive talent to score a bunch of points.

All that said, he's not as other-worldly as Wayne Gretzky was in his prime... but he's getting closer!

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
While we're on the topic, I guess. I'm curious how often players like Gretzky and Lemieux were able to draw penalties compared to McDavid.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I was cracking up watching the power play last night. It’s straight comical how good it is. I’ve never seen anything like that.

Also he played 25 minutes last night. That can’t be manageable

Man, I gotta see this. Going to watch a replay of the PP unit from last game.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's absolutely up there with the all time greats the way he's playing. I can only imagine if he keeps improving. I hope he can hit like 160 and be the 3rd highest scorer (single season, not double counting Gretzky/Lemieux) in history.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He’s gonna torch poor Quinny boy tonight. That said I would love to see him hit 200 points.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
So you’re predicting a significant reduction in production from his last 80 games or so? On what basis?

Being on pace & actually scoring are two different things. I predict McDavid gonna score 130-140 Points this season which would be fantastic & career high for him or any other active player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad