BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
carousel-fml.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Guess I'm in the minority but I think it's a smart hire for the Jackets. He'll bring some stability to an organization that sure seems like it could use it.

They can worry about playoff adjustments when they get that far.

Reactions: Bartcal

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Good coach, starts out as likeable. Probably because he looks like a koala. Hope y'all like the 131. Also he likes benching the youth unless they're good at skating in circles quickly without scoring.

JAD must be avoided at all costs. Todd will play him until he gets himself fired. Strangest thing.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure I would of picked Columbus for him. I don’t think hes great with young players.

He does bring some stability and structure though. Columbus will likely get a nice bump in points. Young players who never win aren’t great either.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If the goal is just to get to the playoffs, or some regular season respectability, can't go wrong with Todd. Ultimately, I don't think the Jackets have the horses yet though, but TMac can help.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oof, you'd think the treads would to be wearing off of Todd's tires by now
Well, if some comments in this article are any indication...

...one might venture to guess that the perception is that McLellan's removal from LA had less to do with him and more to do with PLD. Which is, of course, an extremely easy and understandable narrative for any Jackets fan to believe. ;)

Reactions: DaveG and CBJx614

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Well, if some comments in this article are any indication...

...one might venture to guess that the perception is that McLellan's removal from LA had less to do with him and more to do with PLD. Which is, of course, an extremely easy and understandable narrative for any Jackets fan to believe. ;)

Well I certainly don't wish any ill will on Tmac, or the Jackets, he's not a terrible coach, but if/when the Jackets get competitive under him, fans might get frustrated with him pretty quick.

He's a good systems coach in the regular season, but when it comes to making adjustments to take a step further to compete in the playoffs.....he becomes stubborn and frustrating.

It would be an interesting hire for that roster, and I sincerely hope it works out for you guys if that's the path Waddell chooses to take

Reactions: Viqsi

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Surprised he keeps getting work.

Speaking of former Oiler coaches... Remember when people were calling Woodcroft's firing a horrible idea? This makes how many coaches who have been hired since Woody was fired? After what Knoblauch pulled off with a near-identical group of players I would say Woody might need to look at other leagues or take Assistant gigs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad