Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Campbell isn't going to get traded, Nurse isn't going to get traded, we have almost no draft picks (2nd and 5th) to use for trade bait, and the Oilers don't have any cap room to sign big name UFAs. This is going to be a very quiet period for the team, outside of buying out Campbell and announcing a new GM pretty soon.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Flames apparently exploring the market on Kadri...we can't afford him, he is currently overpaid but God would I love that player on the Oilers if he had a cheaper deal. Competitor, playoff player, drags teams into the fight, the perfect 2nd line player. Dubas moving on from heart and soul competitors like Kadri and Hyman to double down on the Kerfoot and Jarnkrok type players was terrible management by him.
I hope he is forced to stay and ride out that ridiculous contract.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is Tom Gazolla still really connected?

He's saying Henrique doesn't have a big appetite to stay. Thinks Foegele wants top 6 minutes and money.

No idea if he is connected or not, but both those players are gonzo for sure. They are both going to get a LOT more money that the Oilers are going to be able to pay them. Holloway replaces Foegele is I'm sure the plan, and then Henrique's replacement is likely another trade deadline person next season.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Campbell isn't going to get traded, Nurse isn't going to get traded, we have almost no draft picks (2nd and 5th) to use for trade bait, and the Oilers don't have any cap room to sign big name UFAs. This is going to be a very quiet period for the team, outside of buying out Campbell and announcing a new GM pretty soon.
You're going to feel really silly when the Nurse for Crosby deal goes down.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cherry picking strategy? They were ringing it around the boards to the weak side winger who chipped it into the middle for odd man rushes. Side note- McDavid went on a tear those two games because Foegele took abuse to commit to winning that wall battle. He had 0 points in the last 2 games because Nuge would (could) not
We did that. But we also blew the zone, bypassed the entire winger sidewall breakout looking to just get in clean and quick.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Why would Debrusk going to a rebuilding team?

78Ub.gif

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Is Tom Gazolla still really connected?

He's saying Henrique doesn't have a big appetite to stay. Thinks Foegele wants top 6 minutes and money.
Who knows, but both points are plausible.

Foegele specifically got himself traded out of Carolina the first time around because he saw himself as a top six winger

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
My perfect June 30/July 1st would be:

Buy out Campbell or trade him ideally. Feel free to add Mcleod to take the whole cap.
Trade Ceci
Let Foegle walk
Discuss with Carrick and if not basically minimum let him walk
Re-sign Brown, Janmark, and Heinrich. I dont think Heinrich will sign
Let Perry Walk
re-sign Descharnais
Sign Arvidsson
Sign DeBrusk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kesselring signed 1.4m with Utah for two more years. I honestly always hated that holland added him to the deal to get fricken bjugstad, we could’ve used him for this playoff run. Right hand shot if I’m not mistaken, better than desharnais and broberg at this time. Whatever hindsight is hindsight who knows what would’ve happened
I hated that too. I ID'd him and Hamblin as the two guys I liked in our training camp, only those two guys and they made the show. Kesselring is a player. That said, I don't think he's necessarily better than Vinny, different styles of D-men. Oh and Broberg will be better, if not already.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Kesselring signed 1.4m with Utah for two more years. I honestly always hated that holland added him to the deal to get fricken bjugstad, we could’ve used him for this playoff run. Right hand shot if I’m not mistaken, better than desharnais and broberg at this time. Whatever hindsight is hindsight who knows what would’ve happened

Would he have bumped out Broberg? I don't think so

My gut is that he wanted a shot somewhere else and they obliged.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
My perfect June 30/July 1st would be:

Buy out Campbell or trade him ideally. Feel free to add Mcleod to take the whole cap.
Trade Ceci
Let Foegle walk
Discuss with Carrick and if not basically minimum let him walk
Re-sign Brown, Janmark, and Heinrich. I dont think Heinrich will sign
Let Perry Walk
re-sign Descharnais
Sign Arvidsson
Sign DeBrusk
Looking at your list, even with clearing some cap space, we can likely only get 1 on Henrique, Arvidsson or DeBrusk. I'm personally expecting zero.

I think our expectations need to be realistic. Brown and Janmark would be great re-signings. Broberg and Holloway look poised to take next steps. Beyond that, I think we will bet on prospects or cheap deals to fill the holes. We can always add at the deadline. Look at our last 3 deadlines:

Kane, Kulak, Ekholm, Henrique, Perry

We are an all in team. That's where we will probably acquire the best players possible for another deep run.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Anyhow, I'd luv to see DeBrusk sign here this summer. Let Fogoele walk(prob wants 4m). Trade McLeod(Sissy boy). Bury Ryan(Lost a few steps). Keep Jani and Brown. Try to retain Rico.

Trade for Kostin

Trade McLeod and Ceci

Nuge McDavid Hyman
DeBrusk Draisaitl Holloway
Kane Henrique Kostin
Janmark ??? Brown

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Broberg
Kulak ???
Akey will be knocking!
Bro that 3rd line is so slow. Hell no

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What are you talking about lol? Jeff Jackson literally said he wants to create more cap space. What does that mean? We aren't resigning Foegele and need a winger. What does that mean?

Just because we aren't making a move yet doesn't mean it's going to be as quiet as you think man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad