Rumor: Kings rebranding with a new logo?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You need to take a look at a picture of Robitaille from his junior hockey days playing for Hull. Then you will understand.

5781-10Fr.jpg

section15__lrobitaille.jpg

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I've probably spent about 5K-10K on the Kings in the last 5 years. I never got surveyed.

It might not be professional, but every time public internet polling is done featuring the Kings purple/gold retros, they always come out near the top.
I bought a 10 dollar keychain tag the week before Anders Lee happened and I’ve regretted it ever since.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Can you imagine a life without color. The Kings can.
Now, see if all other NHL teams thought the same.

The task force in charge of this project, all involved should have been asked to do a 40 hour research of Kings and Kingdoms, throughout history. Reviewed what thrones looked like and what crowns and dress looked like...castles. Estates. Everything.
Then come together and start from scratch. Black, Silver and White would never be mentioned in the brainstorm sessions.

I honestly think the Mercury Insurance logo is the most interesting, best looking element on the new jersey...why not add 10 other sponsors on it...it may look even better.

I give you, the Kings vision for all of the Western Conference jerseys.

View attachment 887884
So bad that half the Western Conference teams are from the East.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The Kings slow rolled that lower stripe hard :laugh: They knew what was coming. I have to admit, it looks worse in total, imo. The number being above the arm stripe is a choice, but I think I prefer the original number within the armstripe; however, if that was the only grievance I would be neutral about it, but that lower stripe is kind of ridiculous. I like them more than the home plate, but there are definitely draw backs and it is not by a country mile...

Jun 30, 2006
...and once again we see this rebranding isn't about what the fans want, it's about Luc Robitaille.

He should have never been hired to replace Lombardi as president of the organization.
To be fair though, DL did like the previous rebrand and wanted to go back to tradition or back to when the Kings were competing for Cups. When he went to visit Doughty and he had all the Kings stuff, it was from that era. Our future, Byfield was loving the logo and jersey in the player unveiling.

This idea that the King fans were surveyed and asked about it is obvious BS. The players like it, management is from that era, people outside of hockey think it’s cool.

Better put a good product on the ice or it will tarnish the 99 era, imo.

Reactions: SirJW

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
There’s a video where they asked NHL players who has the best jerseys in the league and a handful of them picked the Kings. The simple Black & White scheme seems to be very well liked.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
So bad that half the Western Conference teams are from the East.

The Kings error...they were not finished with all of the teams...some of the teams would not give the Kings permission to ruin their jerseys, even in a mockup. I fixed it and have no problem posting it.

The funniest part, is I was looking at the Kings uni as I removed all color and it didn't change the image at all. The day before the reveal, I was actually thinking they were going to make it the same as this old version, with the logo larger and the stripes bigger....cuz that would be the biggest joke. And it happened. Bigger logo, bigger stripes, bigger price, bigger fail...matching the other failed parts of the current organization.

nhljerseys1.jpg

nhljerseys2.jpg

Reactions: Bandit

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
To be fair though, DL did like the previous rebrand and wanted to go back to tradition or back to when the Kings were competing for Cups. When he went to visit Doughty and he had all the Kings stuff, it was from that era. Our future, Byfield was loving the logo and jersey in the player unveiling.

This idea that the King fans were surveyed and asked about it is obvious BS. The players like it, management is from that era, people outside of hockey think it’s cool.

Better put a good product on the ice or it will tarnish the 99 era, imo.
I don't give a f about Gretzky 's era. What did the Kings ever win in his era?

Reactions: ru4reals and YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
they won fans?

This is such an unoriginal set. So many more creative options available, even if they refuse to put purple in there.
I am going to buy them, because I am a sucker, but I am not happy.

I do like the letters font and outline, but not a fan of the logo or the fact this is just the early 90s with sparkles.

Jun 30, 2006
Smythe Division and Clarence Campbell trophy. Not to mention they won arguably one of the most entertaining playoff series in NHL history with a ton of eyeballs on it.

Game 7 in Toronto was peak hockey, imo. Which is why there’s obvious nostalgia with the logo and colors. These players like Doughty and Byfield (who is too young to remember those days but I’m sure he knows hockey history) love these jerseys.

I wish they would have added a little purple and/or added Los Angeles on the bottom of the jersey like they did with the purple jerseys AEG started out with. Something obviously different would have gone a long ways but again, the people making these decisions are from the Chevy logo era.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Already said it earlier but the Kings didn't matter outside of Kings fans until Gretzky. Then they gained way more Kings fans and this was what they wore and, at the time, they were super cool.

Like it or not, the Gretzky era logo/jerseys are the most iconic in the team's history, at least for my generation and I'm 43.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Look the purple and yellow is super corny. There I said it. I dont care who wore it first but it'd be great to not hop on the dong of the Lakers and have our stand alone identity. It'd cement the little brother shit even more for the Kings.

This kit is an improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad