Value of: Columbus is selling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Yes. Barring a crazy offer, of course
Why? He has only a year left on his deal after this year and if CBJ is rebuilding seems like he'd be gone anyway by then, and waiting till next year to trade him will net you less assets.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is Andrew Peek available? How has he developed?

He's a very mobile shutdown RD, and he's surprised us with a really physical game this year, and a mean streak. He puts guys on their ass every game. The goals results are mixed though. It's early. He's not Chris Tanev, at least not yet.

Edit: Not really available. Maybe if you're putting your 1st in play.

How crazy does the offer have to be for Gavrikov?

The plan is to have Gavrikov as part of the long term core. He's very much "core" in the room and if they trade him away then they need to go get a shutdown guy just like him. That and Gavrikov and Peeke are two of the only physical guys on an already too-soft team.

So expect to overpay. Your 1st might not be enough.

Why? He has only a year left on his deal after this year and if CBJ is rebuilding seems like he'd be gone anyway by then, and waiting till next year to trade him will net you less assets.

Gavrikov is a central guy socially on the team. Great friends with Elvis. And he's the sherpa for a whole lot of young Russians joining the team. He's not a clubber, he's a young Dad. Jackets tend to do well at signing guys like that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
IDK, only players I could see moved is Domi and Korpi. Kukan isn't going to fetch much if anything, he will be worth more to the jackets. Laine and Voracek would be dumb, thats 2/3 of the topline. And Roslo aint going anywhere, GMs have an infinity towards hometown players and those involved in big trades.

Not sure what exactly CBJ needs are....picks, RHD prospects, center prospects...

A lot of clubs could use Kukan. He's a solid all-around #4/5 D. I think he could fetch a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Until Laine is extended then he is a legit topic for trade, being a year and a half from UFA.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Question why roslovic?

He's weak defensively and the coach doesn't trust him. Won't play him much. Not on the top PP this year and his point totals have dropped as a result. The guy is crazy skilled though, nothing changed there.

He’s been struggling this year, I think he can get dealt given a good offer

Roslovic will get moved if Lars can't be persuaded to use him. It won't go on like this with him as 4C.

And for the record I don't even think Roslovic is struggling this year. He's just an offense-only player that isn't getting minutes. His scoring rate is higher now than it has ever been. He's third on the team in 5v5 scoring despite limited minutes, which is nuts. He's always been bad in his own end.

This might not necessarily fit the Blue Jackets needs, but a Greenway and Roslovic swap could be interesting

That might - Greenway being equally close to UFA isn't good for a rebuilding team. But they need a power forward, and even if Greenway doesn't play like that often enough, they can give him another chance to try and be that player. And if it doesn't work then sell him for a pick next year.

What's the price on Roslovic?

Top the Greenway offer. :laugh:

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I have always wanted Max Domi but we are severely lacking in cap space, draft picks and prospects to make something happen. Maybe after Kadri prices himself out of Colorado.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The play off hunt is over for Columbus Blue Jackets. Time to sell the assets.

Available for trade:

C/W Max Domi $5.3M UFA

C/W Jack Roslovic $1.8M RFA

D Dean Kukan $1.6M UFA

G Joonas Korpisalo $2.8M UFA

Possibly available for trade

LW Patrik Laine $7.8M RFA

RW Jakub Voracek $8.3M until 23-24

Columbus needs picks, prospects, RHD defense men, centers.

What would Laine cost for LA?

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Nah, hes been pretty good in his own zone this year. could get better, but still young enough to get better. plus he's one of the few RHD we have until at least 2023.

lol wut. I’ve literally missed maybe 3 CBJ games at the most in the past 5 years, used to be a STH.. so i’ve watched every game of Peeke’s career. he is atrocious in his own zone. if scott harrington wasn’t a part of the jackets I would say Peeke takes the icing on the cake as worst defenseman on our squad. if it wasn’t for his physicality he would bring very little to the table aside from eating minutes while Boqvist has been out.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What is the asking price on Roslovic? Is he being sold as a top 6 player or a top 9 player in regards to value coming back?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How crazy does the offer have to be for Gavrikov?
Simply put, we not only can't afford to lose him, we need more like him.

* * *​
IDK, only players I could see moved is Domi and Korpi. Kukan isn't going to fetch much if anything, he will be worth more to the jackets. Laine and Voracek would be dumb, thats 2/3 of the topline. And Roslo aint going anywhere, GMs have an infinity towards hometown players and those involved in big trades.

Not sure what exactly CBJ needs are....picks, RHD prospects, center prospects...
For the roster itself, I'd say we need stabilizing defensemen and maybe a power forward or two. Beyond that, quality futures are nice (tho we've already got several). Skipping ahead on the #1C need would also be nice but is... unrealistic.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
There isn't really anything super valuable. Last year they still had the remnants of their formerly competitive team that could be traded away for high picks. Now those assets are gone. They can move some guys for mid-level picks, but that's about it unless they want to trade some of their younger players.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
lol wut. I’ve literally missed maybe 3 CBJ games at the most in the past 5 years, used to be a STH.. so i’ve watched every game of Peeke’s career. he is atrocious in his own zone. if scott harrington wasn’t a part of the jackets I would say Peeke takes the icing on the cake as worst defenseman on our squad. if it wasn’t for his physicality he would bring very little to the table aside from eating minutes while Boqvist has been out.

LOL, no. just no.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Still think Laine winds up with the Canes at some point to join the rest of the Finns here and revive his career with Aho. What is his trade value right now?

Canes dont really have the strongest prospect pipeline and their picks are later round picks. its hard to come up with a good value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad