GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 3PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
thats their right

when youre kicked out of the dot its a choice to leave or not; however, when the Columbus player stayed and then jumped the gun a second time, its supposed to be a faceoff violation penalty
If you’re kicked out of the faceoff dot you don’t get to stay.

Otherwise the Devils would have kept McLeod in to try to win the draw after he was kicked out.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Shambles.

I don’t see an avenue here beyond jettisoning Ruff. Either they’ve tuned him out or schematically he’s been figured out and has no answer. In both scenarios it’s on him.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If you’re kicked out of the faceoff dot you don’t get to stay.

Otherwise the Devils would have kept McLeod in to try to win the draw after he was kicked out.
the player has the right to stay in the dot; they tend not to stay because it can result in an infraction

i promise lol.. though it is one of the NHL's least-known rules

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I believe when tossed, player has option to stay. If they do commit another infraction, it becomes a delay of game minor
If a team commits 2 in a row it’s a penalty, regardless if it’s 2 different players.

Players would never leave after getting kicked out if not forced.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
the player has the right to stay in the dot; they tend not to stay because it can result in an infraction

i promise lol.. though it is one of the NHL's least-known rules
The team is penalized if the guy is kicked out and the new guy commits a violation as well. It has nothing to do with a guy not leaving.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The last 25 minutes was a mirage.

Of course we’re good enough to play like that, but I’m highly skeptical that wasn’t just Columbus remembering they’re Columbus and aren’t good.

We no-showed (yet again) the first 35 minutes and that’s why we got no points in this game.

God forbid we actually played a decent team today then we would have almost definitely allowed 4 goals again by halfway into the 2nd.

Reactions: jkrdevil

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Only reason I think we can recover from this is because the conference is so bad.

Reactions: Mgd31

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Wtf. Our fans suck. There was no Fire Lindy chants and the team barely booed the team. Instead they were more concerned with the refs mistake on calling an icing or Luke Hughes getting flattened. We were inches away from tying the game numerous times but it doesn't matter. Especially when you got players like Hamilton f***ing up and giving the other team breakaway goals. Time to just except the fact that this team sucks and our star players don't consistently outplay the other teams top players. It's a mess from the top down.

Reactions: Bleedred

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Jack is back but he is clearly playing hurt.

Schmid at the end of the day was good enough (but still allowed a soft first goal). He should get a run, but something needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium