GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 3PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
You are making this shit up
no they arent

The NHL allows a player to leave or choose to stay, with choosing to stay being a rare decision due to how common being kicked out of the dot is; and if youre kicked out of the dot twice in the same faceoff, you receive a penalty

i get some might not know this but i think the attitude isnt necessary

Reactions: Devils Pride 26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schmid should play again tomorrow.

This was better than any game Vitek has had in the last 3 weeks.

BUT and there’s a huge but……… Columbus is one of the few teams we could have held to just two goals with the effort we put up for the first 35 minutes of this game.

Vitek will be in tomorrow and give up 4, especially since Buffalo can score more than 2 goals in a game.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Geez guys, players are always tossed from the circle after a violation unless it’s after an icing (defensive side). Then the player stays in. Either way a second violation is a penalty which is never called unless it’s unbelievably egregious.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Schmid should play again tomorrow.

This was better than any game Vitek has had in the last 3 weeks.

BUT and there’s a huge but……… Columbus is one of the few teams we could have held to just two goals with the effort we put up for the first 35 minutes of this game.

Vitek will be in tomorrow and give up 4, especially since Buffalo can score more than 2 goals in a game.
There is no way in hell Schmid is playing tomorrow

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wtf. Our fans suck. There was no Fire Lindy chants and the team barely booed the team. Instead they were more concerned with the refs mistake on calling an icing or Luke Hughes getting flattened. We were inches away from tying the game numerous times but it doesn't matter. Especially when you got players like Hamilton f***ing up and giving the other team breakaway goals. Time to just except the fact that this team sucks and our star players don't consistently outplay the other teams top players. It's a mess from the top down.
I have a feeling the fans accepted the effort of the last 25 minutes.

I’m sure Lindy will talk about that in his presser tonight more than the first 35 minutes.

There is no way in hell Schmid is playing tomorrow
You’re right.

He probably won’t play again until the next back to back.

Even when Vitek allows his usual 3.5-4 goals a game from now until then.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We wasted the one decent goalie performance we’ll get over the next 10 games. Tomorrow feels like a play well with zero 5 on 5 finish and give up 3 goals more than expected kind of night.

Reactions: Devs3cups

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah this team is beyond cooked, easiest stretch they had to rack up wins and they're going to be 3-2 at the best if they somehow get their together, which I have a hard time thinking they will. Never being able to start a game on time + having to always play from behind is an indictment on the coach, but I'm glad our star player likes to play an uptempo system when everyone else can't.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Glad they have a game tomorrow. Hopefully they can start good this time.
Didn’t we start good against Buffalo last time we played them?

It should be easy to remember, considering we’ve only had about 4 or 5 good starts all season long.

I think that was one of them.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It wouldn’t be the first time they only really played 1 real period of hockey this year. Happens about every game. Absolutely nothing to be taken from it.
It wasn't one period they dominated from the second half of the 2nd period. And they did enough to win that game.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm not sure how people pay to go to games yet they are ok with their home team continuing to underperform and don't be vocal about it. It's almost like they are as much to blame as Fitzgerald at this point. I swear our fanbase has gotten worse over the years even though it seems to have grown.

Reactions: Darkauron

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
this isnt correct, the two infractions has to be by the same player
IMG_0246.jpeg

There is no “the player can choose to stay” in
the faceoff procedure of the NHL rulebook.

IMG_0247.jpeg

There is nothing in the penalty section about it being the same player.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
It's pretty ugly, but I liked the push they made in the 3rd and I think Schmid should get more starts going forward. Got to get Hischier back and hope his two way game kind of has a positive ripple effect on this team. Maybe Fitz steps up efforts to land another DMan?

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Geez guys, players are always tossed from the circle after a violation unless it’s after an icing (defensive side). Then the player stays in. Either way a second violation is a penalty which is never called unless it’s unbelievably egregious.
Haula was tossed and stayed in for a neutral zone draw against the.. Capitals i think it was

maybe the rules changed over time but i believe its player discretion with the idea being 'its not worth it'; also i dont believe two infractions is a penalty if theyre different players, as ive seen three guys take a shot at the dot before

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not sure how people pay to go to games yet they are ok with their home team continuing to underperform and don't be vocal about it. It's almost like they are as much to blame as Fitzgerald at this point. I swear our fanbase has gotten worse over the years even though it seems to have grown.
if any team makes on-ice decisions based on fan behavior then they're going to be shit

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah this team is beyond cooked, easiest stretch they had to rack up wins and they're going to be 3-2 at the best if they somehow get their together, which I have a hard time thinking they will. Never being able to start a game on time + having to always play from behind is an indictment on the coach, but I'm glad our star player likes plays an uptempo system when everyone else can't.
Ruff needs to go

But not for Green

Green really needs to turn heel here and quickly.

I think he may be to blame for the lack of 5 on 5 scoring and rush game that has evaporated for all but the other team.

I may be wrong on that part, but I’m pretty sure I’m right on him not being a suitable NHL head coach and if Ruff goes then Fitz is gonna have to do A LOT better than Green.

Ruff to Green is basically Hynes to Nasreddine. Some people may think Nasreddine is better than Hynes because we won at a slightly better pace after he took over, but that was another mirage. That was actually the Blackwood stretch.

Remember when Andrew Hammond made jackass Dave Cameron look like a good head coach for a few months too?

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad