College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Another in a long line of smart signings. Kuntar impresses.

To me, the college route is Sweeny's strong suit.

Credit where due.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Another in a long line of smart signings. Kuntar impresses.

To me, the college route is Sweeny's strong suit.

Credit where due.
I have not seen much, a couple of periods here and there, but between that and the reports, I am not impressed... Ceiling is probably Ahl/fourth line material with size. I am sure Sweeney had a part in it, but from what I read here, Neely is the one who is tight with the BC people.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boston is a probably a hard sell for these prospects. The lineup is deep and established and if the Bruins need to cut salary, there's a few underrated prospects who could potentially step up in the role next season ( Lysell, Lohrei, Lauko, Merkulov ). I would think these college kids would probably want a clearer path to the NHL when choosing teams.

Based on this thread it appears Colorado is having little issue with a similar elite roster. Bruins generally do well with these future depth players, maybe there will be one or two in the end.

Reactions: HustleB

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Based on this thread it appears Colorado is having little issue with a similar elite roster. Bruins generally do well with these future depth players, maybe there will be one or two in the end.

So far Colorado hasn't signed a single player to an NHL contract. They have signed 3 guys 24 or older players to AHL contracts. Sandelin is hte best of the bunch and he got a 2 year AHL contract

Would that make people happier, if we signed up bunch of 24-26 year old guys to fill up Providence's roster for next year without being Bruin prospects?

So far NHL teams have signed 28 players to NHL contracts since the end of the college season, and that includes draftees like Kuntar.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanDogBrewin

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I have not seen much, a couple of periods here and there, but between that and the reports, I am not impressed... Ceiling is probably Ahl/fourth line material with size. I am sure Sweeney had a part in it, but from what I read here, Neely is the one who is tight with the BC people.
I wouldn't know. I just think from what little I do know, but they do a good job of plumbing the depths of college town. Drafted or undrafted. So I am impressed with that.

Reactions: HustleB and CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just a caution but more often than not these undrafted guys are older and don't pan out. Ben Meyers hasn't lit it up and he was big prize last year. But there are many more who just aren't quite good enough.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
They have Found Acciari, and plucked Kuraly from Sharks, out of college etc....they do.

Torey Krug.

Undrafted.

What's great is that we have, at least, four strong hockey programs right here in MA, and with what I imagine is a capable college scouting squad throughout the U.S., gems are uncovered.

It's a very intelligent, resourceful and cost effective approach to building a prospect pool in a cap constrained league.

Full marks to Sweeney & Co.

Reactions: ylekot and Alicat

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
So far Colorado hasn't signed a single player to an NHL contract. They have signed 3 guys 24 or older players to AHL contracts. Sandelin is hte best of the bunch and he got a 2 year AHL contract

Would that make people happier, if we signed up bunch of 24-26 year old guys to fill up Providence's roster for next year without being Bruin prospects?

So far NHL teams have signed 28 players to NHL contracts since the end of the college season, and that includes draftees like Kuntar.
Good point.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Personally, I'm only going to get upset about not signing Graf or McAllister, maybe TJ Hughes or Austen Swankler too, who aren't even guarantees to leave school. Give me the younger options with more development runway who were able to quickly adjust to the college game. Basically, get me this year's Merkulov.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Personally, I'm only going to get upset about not signing Graf or McAllister, maybe TJ Hughes or Austen Swankler too, who aren't even guarantees to leave school. Give me the younger options with more development runway who were able to quickly adjust to the college game. Basically, get me this year's Merkulov.

I'm with you. I will be disappointed if they do not get 1 high value guy signed, ideally it would have been 2, but I'll be happy with 1. None of the 24/25 year olds had my interest.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad