College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can the B's get rid of a contract if they mutually agree to terminate the deal?

Not sure, they can in theory trade away a contract as well if needed.

Arizona is at 41 contracts. I am sure it would not be a heavy cost to send one of Samuel Asselin, Shane Bowers, Nick Wolf, even Jack Ahcan. over there

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Buffalo doing a wonderful job adding young talent

Did Buffalo sign him? No, he signed a 2 year AHL contract. If he plays well there maybe Buffalo will sign him. One would assume that this means no NHL team offered him an entry level deal (not this year or next)

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Arizona is at 41 contracts. I am sure it would not be a heavy cost to send one of Samuel Asselin, Shane Bowers, Nick Wolf, even Jack Ahcan. over there
If I were ARI I would not make the deal for anything short of Beecher/Merkulov/McGlaughlin. Specifically I have to have a rookie contract to play in the bottom 6 immediately. I like all the guys you listed as depth C type prospects. Guys that might make the NHL. ARI could attract better college FAs than this in some cases. No need to pay MM’s contract as a favor to the Bruins; and they don’t owe us a favor.

If they did make the proposed deal you suggest please explain the upside you see for ARI. IE Where does the acquirer player play in the near term. How soon to the NHL. What is the best NHL ceiling you see in your list?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

True, they can still make trades, but players cannot play in the playoffs for their new team. I would be looking to get rid of Curtis Hall.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I were ARI I would not make the deal for anything short of Beecher/Merkulov/McGlaughlin. Specifically I have to have a rookie contract to play in the bottom 6 immediately. I like all the guys you listed as depth C type prospects. Guys that might make the NHL. ARI could attract better college FAs than this in some cases. No need to pay MM’s contract as a favor to the Bruins; and they don’t owe us a favor.

If they did make the proposed deal you suggest please explain the upside you see for ARI. IE Where does the acquirer player play in the near term. How soon to the NHL. What is the best NHL ceiling you see in your list?

all of the guys mentioned are FA at the end of the year, and as he season is almost over they are owed very little money for the remainder of this year. So it is basically a handshake deal between 2 GMs, and future considerations are exchanged. One guy doing the other a favor.

Maybe Donnie doesn't have the best relationship with Arizona, maybe instead he makes a deal with Seattle, Buffalo, Detroit, or any of the other teams who have FA . If he really has to he throws someone a 7th round pick.
And yeah I guess Arizona could go sign 9 guys to 2022 NHL contracts, but that just isn't gonna happen. And there are 19 teams with at least 4 contract slots available. , and there absolutely aren't 80 guys who are going to sign 2022 entry level contracts between now and the middle of April

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lots of the guys signed so far have topped out at AHL deals. Will be interesting to see as more of the NHL guys sign

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Still no signings by the Bruins? I'm getting concerned.

No draft picks means we have to pick up some college FA talent.

:crossfing

Most of the top free agents haven't signed yet, so there's really no reason to be concerned. The only top signings so far have been Hunter McKown, Parker Ford, and Max Sasson. Lot of players still left and the one that would be at the top of my list if I were Sweeney is still playing (Graf). I'm sure they're being strategic with who they're offering ATOs vs the 1 contract spot this season they have available.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Looks like both of those guys are turning 24 soon. I'm not sure what the ceiling is for Polin but he's not imposing physically. I would take the chance on Livingstone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad