College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Did losing Scott Fitzgerald hurt us this year? Hard to say
San Jose signed Valtteri Pulli and maneuvered to grab Henry Thrun but that's it
There were some in the US media that thought this years College Free Agent class was on the weaker side ,there were others that thought it was pretty deep, I'm not in the media but I really liked this years group
The only player I know Boston went hard after was Polin
Maybe they've got things in motion elsewhere?
I'd attribute it to the 49 current contracts. I can't recall the last time the Bruins ran without one empty slot, even though that's pretty much meaningless after the trade deadline, as you can't add to your playoff roster after that point, so emergency fill ins can't/won't fill in.

I imagine the lack of offering a 2023 contract and burning off an ELC season eliminated some options.

And maybe they genuinely don't know what their contract situation is going to look like next season. That seems unlikely, but it may be possible things are in flux until they know what Bergeron and Krejci are planning. The strategy for their deadline acquisitions might be contingent on what the centers do, so they may be hoarding every dollar and contract until a concrete plan comes together.

Or maybe they thought the NCAA guys sucked this year. :DD

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lhttps://twitter.com/prohockeyrumors/status/1653424578041921537?t=POiFGO7Ce9amPGGJaV5D3w&s=19

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Just 2 unsigned College Free Agents left from the Master list but it's time to look forward to 2024

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Got to think if they don’t get any picks in this years draft, next they go hard after free agents.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
you like? back into the draft unless someone trades for his rights
I find it interesting that he decides not to sign because of the competition in SJ. Numbers aren't eye popping but he's a good goalie. But, if he doesn't like the competition in SJ, he won't like the competition in Boston. (don't sleep on Reid Dyck).

My gut says Bob Wetick has the Bruins looking at Ryan Humphrey. Wetick got him invited to Bruins development camp last summer and if they don't use one of their 7th round picks on him, they might sign him as an undrafted free agent. Doesn't have great regular season numbers but man does he show up for the playoffs. Was great for Hamilton last year and scored some big playoff goals on a way to a championship and now is doing it for London this year.

Sometimes you hear names they have interest in but this isn't one of them. Just a strong gut feeling. I doubt they have interest in Gaudreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad