Collapse of the PAC-12: Oregon State & Washington State left in the dust

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The leadership of the MWC made a huge error in judgment by playing a merger and future scheduling alliance too hard. They took advantage of desperate schools to start, and when they came back for more, instead of working with them, they made it easier for them to use their own name value (both as schools and as a conference) and then poach the best schools. The MWC should have seen this coming and make a merger as easy as possible under the Pac-12 banner. I'm sure this is really about the leadership of the MW looking to preserve their own jobs, because "what happens then?" is a good question for them to ask... but I'd think there'd be a place.

At any rate, Utah State is as "meh" as it gets. I'd rather have seen the Montana's and/or Dakota's than Utah State. Frankly the only remaining MWC schools I'm interested in are Air Force and UNLV. If you snag one of them, you're safe as a conference and can get creative otherwise.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The leadership of the MWC made a huge error in judgment by playing a merger and future scheduling alliance too hard. They took advantage of desperate schools to start, and when they came back for more, instead of working with them, they made it easier for them to use their own name value (both as schools and as a conference) and then poach the best schools. The MWC should have seen this coming and make a merger as easy as possible under the Pac-12 banner. I'm sure this is really about the leadership of the MW looking to preserve their own jobs, because "what happens then?" is a good question for them to ask... but I'd think there'd be a place.

At any rate, Utah State is as "meh" as it gets. I'd rather have seen the Montana's and/or Dakota's than Utah State. Frankly the only remaining MWC schools I'm interested in are Air Force and UNLV. If you snag one of them, you're safe as a conference and can get creative otherwise.
Don’t think the Dakotas have large enough stadiums to move up.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Don’t think the Dakotas have large enough stadiums to move up.

They do. The NCAA ditched the attendance minimum, but both schools already had large enough stadiums even with that restriction in place. They both play in stadiums slightly larger than San Jose State's, with SDSU's being built with expansion in mind.

There's not a whole hell of a lot that Utah State does that Montana can't. They don't even have a larger stadium, to say nothing of selling it out every game. This isn't helping the complete lack of buzz coming out of Missoula, though I think it's safe to say that trusting any AD at this point in time is a fool's errand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad