Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kurt Uberfart... :facepalm:

tumblr_mn5ewqDQuc1sqw0fjo1_400.gif

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
What's the deal with overhardt then? I mean we all know how Trohba and Copp have gone down but does he have a record of getting other players signed on decent contracts or has Cole gone out and made sure he's getting out of Winnipeg at the first opportunity?

DeWho

Oct 24, 2020
What's the deal with overhardt then? I mean we all know how Trohba and Copp have gone down but does he have a record of getting other players signed on decent contracts or has Cole gone out and made sure he's getting out of Winnipeg at the first opportunity?
Copp wants out, Petan wanted out, Trouba wanted out, Perfetti wants... tbd

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Is there any player that Kurt reps on our team or has that doesn't have the trade death of gloom? This is supposed to be my happy place. I appreciate everyone's different but come on

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I am not concerned that Overhardt is Perfetti’s agent.
Yeah, it's definitely not a good thing, but it's also not worth getting upset about the Jets maybe losing him in 7+ years.

For all we know he'll bust, so let's wait until he's good before being paranoid.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
To those who think this is not a big deal please convince me. It seems every Jet he has represented has wanted out or is jaded/disgruntled/ have ruffled feathers disease.

I have heard whispers about Cole's character being in question. Him slipping in the draft and now this has me concerned. So my fellow board members please tell me I'm wrong, being premature and illogical. It will make me feel better.:help:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
To those who think this is not a big deal please convince me. It seems every Jet he has represented has wanted out or is jaded/disgruntled/ have ruffled feathers disease.

I have heard whispers about Cole's character being in question. Him slipping in the draft and now this has me concerned. So my fellow board members please tell me I'm wrong, being premature and illogical. It will make me feel better.:help:
I mean, I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about his character.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

He would have had the agent before the draft. Let’s not put the cart before the horse.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg

Ugh. He's obviously a bust.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Really?
Where did you hear this?

I heard it from hfboards member lanky. The 10th post from the previous thread.
Exactly what I DID NOT want to happen.

I've heard his effort be questioned. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a problem.

So honestly its not whispers its 1 whisper and a quiet one. And it's questioning his giver rather than overall character .Didnt think much of it at the time . But now that I know who his agent is, that whisper just got louder. I'm also wondering stronger now on why he dropped.

Last edited:

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Really?
Where did you hear this?

Seems incredible given the mountain of articles, interviews and profiles dating back to his PeeWee days attesting to his smarts, application and dedication to charitable causes, his selection for the Academic POTY, the various notes from respected pundits and coaches describing him as bright, articulate, a terrific interview already at age 18, and also thoughtful and compassionate, committed to fairness and interested in social justice, etc, etc.

Incredible enough to be total BS. IMO, of course.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kurt Overhardt is a hard negotiator but in the end he like every other agent does what his client asks of him. We are a bit jaded here because the few players that we have had represented by him have gone through arbitration. Trouba pretty much never wanted to be here so his agent tried to orcistrate his exit from a pretty early stage. Copp I think is fine here but there are disagreements on his overall contract value and when you put two tough negotiators into a room together sometimes you need a third party to decide.

If Cole is happy here and him and the Jets agree on his value then I imagine there will be no real issue in inking him to a long term contract after his ELC.

Reactions: ps241

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
How long has he been his agent? If before the draft then that's a bit less of a worry, kid probably thought he was going somewhere else anyway.
How does overhardt do with his clients outside the Jets? Are they all causing issues?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How long has he been his agent? If before the draft then that's a bit less of a worry, kid probably thought he was going somewhere else anyway.
How does overhardt do with his clients outside the Jets? Are they all causing issues?

Here is a list of his agency's clients:

A good many of them have signed long term fair deals with their respective draft teams like Gibson, Slavin, Larkin, Ekholm. There have also been some that wanted fresh starts like Johansen in Columbus and Turris in Arizona that were moved out. I would imagine you would find the same no matter which agency you looked at.

Current NHL Clients - KO Sports

Reactions: Calcutta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad