GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Korchinski Lev Nazar Dach Commesso all in Rockford are going to make them much more interesting to follow than the Blackhawks.

Blackhawks I mean all I care about is:
Vlasic repeat performance
Bedard goes off, drag’s Hall to be valuable at trade deadline
They finish 4-10th worst.

The real action is in Rockford.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Korchinski Lev Nazar Dach Commesso all in Rockford are going to make them much more interesting to follow than the Blackhawks.

Blackhawks I mean all I care about is:
Vlasic repeat performance
Bedard goes off, drag’s Hall to be valuable at trade deadline
They finish 4-10th worst.

The real action is in Rockford.
Bedard and the NHL are way more interesting.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Is anyone really going to be upset if the Blackhawks bottom out again? Feels like the beat writers are writing stuff just to create their own narratives for clicks

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is anyone really going to be upset if the Blackhawks bottom out again? Feels like the beat writers are writing stuff just to create their own narratives for clicks
Would be par for the course for sports journalism. People were upset when the Cubs rebuild was taking too long as well.

I hate seeing our bullshit roster night in and night out too but damn, we've all gotta have some perspective and patience here.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
IMO, Hawks will be a ton more competitive than last year but are very likely to still be a bottom 5 team. Hopefully they'll make the opponent work for the 2 points more often.

I would also add Reichel to the list of guys am excited to watch at the NHL level.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
IMO, Hawks will be a ton more competitive than last year but are very likely to still be a bottom 5 team. Hopefully they'll make the opponent work for the 2 points more often.
Goaltending being the key. It was pretty dam good last season to keep games close that shouldn't have been. Hawks will need more of the same in 2024-25.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Expecting Hawks to be much more competitive. Goaltending might regress though. 70-75 point range. Kind of where Montreal and Zona were last year. The worst 3-4 teams recently have been on an Island of futility so hopeful to leave that space

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
If Mrazek can keep the same level as last year and being healthy, goaltending should be an improvement with the addition Brossoit once he is back. I don't see how it would regress unless Söderblom gets more games than last year.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
If Mrazek can keep the same level as last year and being healthy, goaltending should be an improvement with the addition Brossoit once he is back. I don't see how it would regress unless Söderblom gets more games than last year.
I think Bobby's point, obe I agree with, is that we can't assume that Mrazek automatically replicates a season in which he WAY overperformed our expectations. He could easily get hurt or revert back to prior performance.

With that said, LB is a legit NHL goalie, and just putting him in Soderbloms starts last year would give the Hawks about 20 more points. If Mrazek does take a step back, LB gives the Hawks a chance in those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad