Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Lol I can imagine. The kids now a days are so much smarter than we were back then. We busted our assess, while they use their brains much more.

My kid is 14. She has two baby sitting gigs. Last week a kid came by the house to sell chocolates for their school. I don't usually carry cash so I asked my kid. She came out and asked the kid if they could break a $50 bill lol
The “phone” has made all these things easier for them. And more socially inept.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Will this change to #13 help?

IMG_2153.jpeg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The kid is pure class. I have never met anyone from Wisconsin who wasn't a decent human being.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
If he gets 75ish points this year with 30-35 goals I’ll be more than happy, I think that’s realistic for him at this point of his career.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If he gets 75ish points this year with 30 goals I’ll be happy, I think that’s realistic.
I won't be happy unless he gets at least 40 goals. If he doesn't get there then I'll be far less confident in his ability to become an elite goalscorer in this league. Dude had 315 shots last year. It should've been a 45-50 goal year. I want to see more of that with a better shooting percentage. Hopefully the shoulder is better.

I think we can count on 30+ but 40 is where I want him to be.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Agreed, I wish like hell that our generation had access to what the kids have today.
Yes and no.

It would’ve been nice to watch rock videos on demand. Back in the day if you missed the video for Thriller, Every Breath You Take, Take On Me or Jump, you were out of luck unless your family was rich enough to afford a VCR. Now everything’s on demand. That would’ve been great. Same with the video games and music.

Everything else? I’m glad I grew up back in the day. (And I loved the music. New wave to grunge. Good times.)

Anyways… whatever, nevermind.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Yes and no.

It would’ve been nice to watch rock videos on demand. Back in the day if you missed the video for Thriller, Every Breath You Take, Take On Me or Jump, you were out of luck unless your family was rich enough to afford a VCR. Now everything’s on demand. That would’ve been great. Same with the video games and music.

Everything else? I’m glad I grew up back in the day. (And I loved the music. New wave to grunge. Good times.)

I’m 32. So I have lived a little in both eras as a youth. I will say I miss scheduled television and physical media a lot. What lacked in convenience we had in appreciation and a sense of “importance”. It’s hard to explain.. but there is something to the format of media in the 90s and early 2000s that is just.. *chefs kiss*

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Yes and no.

Agreed, but I'm talking more technology, the internet. The kids today have access to a ton of information, right at their finger tips. Remember the hours we spent in the library doing school projects? lol

Like you and @CHwest I'm glad I grew up when I did. I believe it helped me develop a strong work ethic. I've done fairly well for myself. Though I have to wonder if things would be better/worse if I were born much later.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Agreed, but I'm talking more technology, the internet. The kids today have access to a ton of information, right at their finger tips. Remember the hours we spent in the library doing school projects? lol
They have access to a lot of misinformation too…
Like you and @CHwest I'm glad I grew up when I did. I believe it helped me develop a strong work ethic. I've done fairly well for myself. Though I have to wonder if things would be better/worse if I were born much later.
We’re born when we’re born. I’m happy with my era and I’m sure my kids are happy with theirs.

And now I can watch Thriller whenever I want. Best of Both Worlds.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well with that logic, I'm better than both of them! :laugh:
Caufield has the talent. Last year he had the underlying numbers. He just didn’t get the results.

Until he gets the results it’s just a discussion on potential. The 48 in 82 is freaking amazing. Unfortunately it’s split between two seasons. I know he can do it but that shoulder has to be healthy. If he puts up 315 shots agains, he should wind up with at least 40 goals. We’ll see how it goes.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
They have access to a lot of misinformation too…
True, nothing is perfect. But the vast amount of information, and the speed they can receive it in is just mind blowing.

We’re born when we’re born. I’m happy with my era and I’m sure my kids are happy with theirs.

And now I can watch Thriller whenever I want. Best of Both Worlds.
I am too. Plus I'm sure my kid would feel the same way.

Haha yes, but your kids and mine will have access to things in the future. That we've never even imagined. While we'll be sitting in an old age home. Debating if our current Habs team. Would have been a match against the 70's powerhouse lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yes and no.

Heeey, don't try to pretend you aren't old enough to have known Beta and 8-track! :naughty:

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I’m 32. So I have lived a little in both eras as a youth. I will say I miss scheduled television and physical media a lot. What lacked in convenience we had in appreciation and a sense of “importance”. It’s hard to explain.. but there is something to the format of media in the 90s and early 2000s that is just.. *chefs kiss*
Oh those hours spent perfecting the technique to rewind cassette tapes using a pen so to save on batteries for the hulking walkman. Fond memories!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad