Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wold hope that MSL and CC can watch video of Stamkos and Ovie, and we then need CC to find that same spot on the PP
All too often he is down to low. The nice part was, he became a much better passer and playmaker.

Anyhow, if we fix our PP CC gets between 30-40 goals this season, and many more.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's a disapointment considering that he was a blue chip 40-50 goal guy. He was a guy I saw as a perpetual Rocket contender. Now I'm not so sure.
Blue chip 40-50 goal prospects get drafted top 5, not 15th.

If anything, he's already far exceeded his draft spot.

Your personal expectations are the source of disappointment, which is fine, just not a necessary or objective cause for disappointment.

Is it terrible? Of course not. He'll still be a good player. But he's small and somewhat unidimensional. To me, I'd rather have that on the second line. Especially if you have Demidov coming.
What line he plays on is more of a fan talking point... Before last year we hadn't had more than 1 60+pt forward in years, we're entering a new reality where we will have multiple "top line" caliber performers. How MSL rolls the lines will be more about fit and exploitation than hierarchy

The good news is that he SHOULD improve. If we go by the history of the surgery he had, he should return to what he was. If he does that, he will be an elite player. And then we'll have three legit awesome wingers. The talent is there. The shooting numbers were there last year. We just need his shot to come back.
He will improve (barring career altering injury).

I don't doubt his ability to be a top 5 scoring winger in the league (46+ goals last year), I'm just suggesting that it's not a disappointment if he tops out in the 30-40g range. A top 20 winger in the league is still a great achievement and valuable asset.

For the record, I think he hits 45+ if he plays a full season...

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Imagine the goals//points will get Caufield when Demidov and Hutson will be in his PP.

Everyone should expect 35-40g per year from him. That's really good stats and we see this year that his passing ability is really really good aswell. 37a. If he continue to pass like that... he can be a PPG player and that's very good.

28 goals after his injurie, that's very good.

I would expect 35g, 35a next season. 70 pts. Maybe more.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Blue chip 40-50 goal prospects get drafted top 5, not 15th.

If anything, he's already far exceeded his draft spot.
Absolutely he did.

But even in that draft there were many who felt he went much lower than he should. We were ecstatic and Philly fans were furious. Size is the only reason he went so low. We were extremely lucky to get him where we did.

My “blue chip” comments come from his minor league history and first 82 under MSL. At that point he looked like a can’t miss 40-50 goal guy with superstar potential.

That potential still exists but I’m less confident that he’ll realize it.
Your personal expectations are the source of disappointment, which is fine, just not a necessary or objective cause for disappointment.
I evaluate players based on what they do. I re-evaluate them with each passing year. We’re talking about an extremely young roster and the season to season changes make bigger differences than they would with veteran players.

Cc did everything he was supposed to do last year but score. His shot numbers were awesome. He managed to shoot from in close… but his shot wasn’t as effective. His shooting percentage from mid ice went from 20 percent to five. That can’t be ignored when you’re evaluating a player.
What line he plays on is more of a fan talking point... Before last year we hadn't had more than 1 60+pt forward in years, we're entering a new reality where we will have multiple "top line" caliber performers. How MSL rolls the lines will be more about fit and exploitation than hierarchy

He will improve (barring career altering injury).

I don't doubt his ability to be a top 5 scoring winger in the league (46+ goals last year), I'm just suggesting that it's not a disappointment if he tops out in the 30-40g range. A top 20 winger in the league is still a great achievement and valuable asset.

For the record, I think he hits 45+ if he plays a full season...
He could well get 50 goals this year. But given the surgery and results from last year, I’m more comfortable predicting 35.

Last year I discounted the surgery entirely and that was a mistake. This season I’ll factor in some recovery and say 35. But he absolutely could bounce back to what he was and net 45+.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Imagine the goals//points will get Caufield when Demidov and Hutson will be in his PP.

Everyone should expect 35-40g per year from him. That's really good stats and we see this year that his passing ability is really really good aswell. 37a. If he continue to pass like that... he can be a PPG player and that's very good.

28 goals after his injurie, that's very good.

I would expect 35g, 35a next season. 70 pts. Maybe more.
If his shot returns, there’s no reason he can’t flirt with 50 goals. With the same shooting percentage from the previous season he’d have scored 52 goals last year.

We just have to see how his shot is this year. Hopefully he’s fully recovered.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
last chance now Demidov and Laine slowly pushing him to the 3rd line and off the pp lol

for real I’d be happy with 30 on the second line and pp2
lol possibly. Though Caufield is a fiesty little bugger. I think he'll fight to keep his current spot(s).

If he's on the 2nd line and pp2. 30 would be a great total.

Reactions: Naslundforever

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Say Amen or Inchallah after each of your predictions. Please.

We want to make our Caufield's dreams into reality. Only God can help us.

🙏

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
last chance now Demidov and Laine slowly pushing him to the 3rd line and off the pp lol

for real I’d be happy with 30 on the second line and pp2
Both Laine and Caufield have experience playing at the point on the power play.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Matheson

And next year our PP2 would look like this:

Dach-Crosby-Demidov
Hutson-Reinbacher

Last edited:

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
lol possibly. Though Caufield is a fiesty little bugger. I think he'll fight to keep his current spot(s).

If he's on the 2nd line and pp2. 30 would be a great total.
30 goals feels disappointing when we know how good Caufields shot can be. It didn't have that same snap to it this year. Before his surgery he had a 50g shot in my opinion. Absolutely lethal it was disgusting.

Then after the surgery it obviously didn't look the same. How many other snipers had shoulder surgery and bounced back? I've heard it takes about a year for guys to find their shot again but I haven't found any examples

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
30 goals feels disappointing when we know how good Caufields shot can be. It didn't have that same snap to it this year. Before his surgery he had a 50g shot in my opinion. Absolutely lethal it was disgusting.

Then after the surgery it obviously didn't look the same. How many other snipers had shoulder surgery and bounced back? I've heard it takes about a year for guys to find their shot again but I haven't found any examples
I think 30 goals would feel disappointing for Caufield. If he were on the 1st line and on the 1st PP. I think his shot is almost back to normal now. I think the biggest difference is defenses have adjusted to him style of play. When I said I'd be happy with 30 goals. That's only if Caufield were switched to the 2nd line and 2nd PP.

I think with Caufield. He was healthy when he came back. The only difference is he suffered what I'd call "Fear factor". He seemed to be babying his shots, for fear of re-injuring his shoulder. As the season went on, and towards the end of the season. His short looked pretty close to what it was pre-injury. I can't think of any off the top of my head. From my own examples. I suffered a couple of serious knee injuries. As well as several concussions. When I'd be medically cleared to come back. I'd feel good, but something was missing. I'd be leery of going full out. In fear of another injury, or concussion. I'd say it took close to a year after returning from injury. Where I felt 100% confortable.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This a great tribute in Gaudreau's memory.

But that number is cursed.
HRI7zad.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad