Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Nathan MacKinnon re-signs (7 years, $6.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Congrats Avs fans. this is a good deal and nice to have him locked up for a while too.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Nice cap-hit. Explosive skater and great playmaker but I'd like to see him score more goals to be that complete player. His shooting %s are unusually low for a player of his calibre.

Anyway, nice deal. RoR is getting paid much more than that ;)

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Avs quietly putting together a solid salary structure in their core. Now to supplement them with some better depth they'll be continual 2/3 round team

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
You wouldn't want a 20 year old Mackinnon making 6.3 million on your team? Is that what you're saying?

I wouldn't want a 50 point injury prone centre with minimal defensive ability on my team for that price.

That's what I'm saying. Whether he's 20 and named MacKinnon or not.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Damn that's a team friendly deal if MacKinnon hits his potential. Good deal for Sakic.

Congrats Avs fans, big MacKinnon fan

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't care if he doesn't hit his potential. He was essentially a 60 ppg player his first and third years. If that's all he ever is, this deal is acceptable. If he gets any better at all, it's a bargain.

Tchako

Jul 8, 2016
He's a stud in the big games ( Loves the big stage )
* Memorial Cup
* Playoffs vs wild

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Stay on topic please ,we had to delete a few comments , this thread is about Nathan MacKinnon and the Avs.

Thank you

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
this is simply the standard amount. It started with 5.5 for Tavares and since then it has been around 6 for all these high-drafted forwards. This 6.3 reflects the growing cap. MacKinnon is one of the more high-end drafted forwards as well so it makes sense that way

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Was Seguin like that in Boston? I think MacKinnon has so many opportunities ahead of him to make a big splash, the freakin kid's a 20 year old

You managed to name the one notable exception. And when you consider Seguin, and the team he was on, it makes sense.

And what are you arguing anyway? Saying he's "only 20" isn't an argument. I never said it was bad deal, or that he wouldn't get better. I said it's highly unlikely he's going to have Art Ross level production. He's getting paid appropriately for a 60-70 point center.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't care if he doesn't hit his potential. He was essentially a 60 ppg player his first and third years. If that's all he ever is, this deal is acceptable. If he gets any better at all, it's a bargain.

This is pretty much the bottom line. If anyone tried to argue yesterday that Mack would get locked up for 7 years at under 6.5M they would have been laughed off the boards. It's a great day for Avs fans.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Exactly. That's the point that's getting missed by those who say he hasn't taken the next step. Regardless of that fact he is still the Avs FRANCHISE PLAYER. If he has gone into a bridge deal there would be far more comments about playing with fire and not committing to their players. I even feared a 5 year deal is what they may have to settle on. When Landeskog got his 7 year deal out of his ELC when he was just recovering from a concussion some folks called it crazy, now it's the best deal the Avs have on the books. This will either look fine down the line or amazing but the Avs won't be chastised for screwing around with their most important player.

Have to further state this. This is the going rate for a solid 60-70 pt guy. Unless MacK has a career ending injury (knock on wood) there is pretty much no way this looks bad. He's pretty much assured those totals.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Ekkk terrible deal.

MacKinnon is already 20 years old and in the middle of his prime if not already past it. Can't see him improving much going forward, most forwards tap out around 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad