Confirmed with Link: [COL/DET] Avs acquire Patrik Nemeth for a 4th rd pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Not bad...solid B. Not flashy but one of those moves that will look savvy as hell when injuries hit.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If they think EJ can come back for the playoffs, I'm good with these pairings.

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Nemeth - EJ

MacDonald, Graves, Renouf

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
If they think EJ can come back for the playoffs, I'm good with these pairings.

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Nemeth - EJ

MacDonald, Graves, Renouf

Byram isn't a top pairing dman this year. Heck, I wouldn't even have him in my top4 the rest of the year, coming off a concussion and now covid.

Toews - Girard
Graves - Makar
Byram - Nemeth ... or Nemeth-Johnson if EJ ever returns.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly, Nemeth is a guy that can take some shifts in the top-4 with any of our top-3 D.

Makar, Girard, and Toews will do the heavy lifting and he can just play a quiet game. He won’t be up there for long stretches, but with the way Bednar rotates his defence pairings he can chip in a bit, in that regard.

Yeah , I could see them trying a Girard/Nemeth 2nd pairing a little and running Byram and Graves on the 3rd pairing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Byram isn't a top pairing dman this year. Heck, I wouldn't even have him in my top4 the rest of the year, coming off a concussion and now covid.

Toews - Girard
Graves - Makar
Byram - Nemeth ... or Nemeth-Johnson if EJ ever returns.

Toews and Girard have been the best pairing with the best chemistry, so your decision is between playing Byram with Makar or Graves/Nemeth.

I'm going with Byram. I haven't seen any justification all year for thinking Graves is a better option than Byram.

Bo had a few rookie hiccups before getting injured, but in general, he's the best defenseman defensively on the team IMO with EJ out of the lineup. He's better than Makar defensively and he's better than Girard because of G's physical limitations. Toews is around Girard's level to me.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah , I could see them trying a Girard/Nemeth 2nd pairing a little and running Byram and Graves on the 3rd pairing.
Yeah I could see that workng as well. Ideally we have a big bodied Dman to collect pucks on dump ins on each pair to try to get Girard and Byram away from being the primary target for forecheckers.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
More than okay with this super cheap depth move. Not to mention we are used to Nemeth being a decent option in past Avs teams with no where near as good of a team D mentality. Hopefully the new buy in helps set him up for an ideal situation to play his role even more effectively.

Edit: also fire Bennett :sarcasm: (sorry felt weird having too much of a level headed approach to a snap judgment)

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
4th round seems kinda expensive for a 3rd pairing guy.

I don't know, a 4th is a pretty good price for a deadline deal, and unless his game has dropped off (doesn't sound like it has) Nemeth is a pretty good 3rd pairing guy.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't know, a 4th is a pretty good price for a deadline deal, and unless his game has dropped off (doesn't sound like it has) Nemeth is a pretty good 3rd pairing guy.
Isn't it next years 4th too? A roster d man with 50% retention not too bad if you ask me.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Ahhhh, no? Most analytics suggested a 3rd with a small add as Nemeths return at the deadline. A lot of people on Twitter saying Detroit should have done a little better here for the level of player Nemeth is.
Yeah, price wise this is decent value considering the retention. Probably an indication that it's a buyers market. Detroit fans have been adamant for moooonths that Nemeth would return a 3rd, or 3rd+ with retention.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
upload_2021-4-10_2-23-18.png

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Didn't expect this at all. I like it though, he's still solid and Avs are familiar with him. Welcome back!

Reactions: LTC Pain

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Toews and Girard have been the best pairing with the best chemistry, so your decision is between playing Byram with Makar or Graves/Nemeth.

I'm going with Byram. I haven't seen any justification all year for thinking Graves is a better option than Byram.

Bo had a few rookie hiccups before getting injured, but in general, he's the best defenseman defensively on the team IMO with EJ out of the lineup. He's better than Makar defensively and he's better than Girard because of G's physical limitations. Toews is around Girard's level to me.

Byram will get eaten alive in playoff hockey vs bigger forwards where they put their whistle away. Graves, heck even Nemeth is better suit in the top4 this year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I can’t believe he was only gone for one shortened Covid season before returning to Colorado. He only missed one playoff run with the Avs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought Avs had moved beyond players with no puck skill. The only real benefit to this is Makar/Girard having to play less PK and thus reduce the risk of having to block shots.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad