Confirmed with Link: [COL/DET] Avs acquire Patrik Nemeth for a 4th rd pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
This would be ideal but I'm not sure it's going to happen. I also think we should probably stop penciling Byram into the top four in the playoffs.
Definitely this.

Also I'd almost be willing to bet we are without at least one of Makar, G, Toews, and Byram for significant playoff time. You just know it's going to happen. Hopefully it's Bo.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So when everyone is healthy (I am not including EJ), what does this lineup look like?

I think MacDonald will stay in for puck movement on the 3rd pair. If Graves is struggling, Nemeth will take his spot.

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Graves - MacDonald
Nemeth

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We have a million left handed defensemen

I think this might be more of a reaction to how poorly Graves has played this season, rather than a replacement for EJ.

That play the other day where Graves got walked around by Bjugstad and easily made a pass to Hartman in slot for a goal was probably the tipping point. That can't happen in the playoffs.

I'd honestly consider playing Renouf ahead of Graves. Maybe Bednar feels the same way, and for a Cup contender that's concerning. Hence the Nemeth trade.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The timing of this trade, over two days before the deadline, suggests that Sakic isn't done. Looks to me that he's just filling smaller needs first to have some cost certainty when making a big move. After all, if this type of depth move was all he was going to do it would make more sense to wait until the last minute to get a depth Dman at the cheapest possible price.

With that in mind it's probably a good idea to withhold judgement on this trade until we see the entirity of Sakic's deadline plan coming together.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don't be a fool.

I'm not joking. Graves has become a big liability on most of his shifts, and it's been that way all year.

I keep waiting for him to break out of it but he hasn't so far. He's approaching Guenin/Holden level, which wasn't even good enough for a rebuilding team, let alone a top contender.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This puts pressure on Ryan Graves when the Avs are healthy.

When Graves is on he’s a bit better than Nemeth, but Nemeth is more consistent.

giphy.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Good with me, we didn't need a top tier guy, just a guy who could play 12-15 minutes a night and help the PK.

Nemeth does both of those things, the team and organization are familiar with him already and it shouldn't take much of an adjustment to get him into the lineup. My only wish is that he was a Right Shot Dman but it's not a big deal.

I wonder if the Bo Covid situation sped this trade up a couple days.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Toews-Makar
Girard-EJ
Byram-Nemeth
Graves-MacDonald

Move up as necessary

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think this might be more of a reaction to how poorly Graves has played this season, rather than a replacement for EJ.

That play the other day where Graves got walked around by Bjugstad and easily made a pass to Hartman in slot for a goal was probably the tipping point. That can't happen in the playoffs.

I'd honestly consider playing Renouf ahead of Graves. Maybe Bednar feels the same way, and for a Cup contender that's concerning. Hence the Nemeth trade.

That and the penalty he took when he had support. Bednar made it a point to bring up that specific penalty.

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The question I have is does this replace Graves or is this purely a depth move? The Avs are most likely still in the hunt for a RD and Backup Goalie of some kind. Hopefully this means less AHL waver fodder cracks the line up.

Reactions: Richard88

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think this move eventually puts MacDonald on the bench come playoff time.

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Graves - Nemeth

Is how I see the lineup looking. If EJ ever comes back it would not surprise me to see Byram be the one who ends up sitting out of that group even before Graves.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nemeth is a known quantity with the team, and has done well on a bad team in Detroit. I like the move, it's not sexy or flashy but it's quality NHL depth for the playoffs.

Nemeth went from worst to first real quick, must feel like whiplash to go from a bottom feeder to a top contender just like that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The question I have is does this replace Graves or is this purely a depth move? The Avs are most likely still in the hunt for a RD and Backup Goalie of some kind. Hopefully this means less AHL waver fodder cracks the line up.
I’d really like if Sakic was able to trade Graves for a RD. But I’m not sure that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad