Confirmed with Link: [COL/CHI] Avs Acquire Carl Soderberg for J.Dickinson and R.Rolston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I feel like a lot of people were expecting to see a big homerun acquisition, but those just aren't typically done during the season. With the way the Avs have played, they just needed decent players to help with the depth. Now the Avs group of Cs is MacKinnon, Kadri, Soda, Jost, PEB...which is better than without Soda.

Reactions: UnkleKraker and PAZ

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not an exciting get, but we know what he brings. Hopefully he finds a little more offense to go with his workmanship on the PK and the dot.
He was pretty bad on the dots when he was here im not sure that's improved. Not even sure he plays on the PK considering they use Jost, Belly, Nuke and Compher. When healthy they have LOC there who is probably the best penalty killing forward. I guess its just another option for Jared to have.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I feel like a lot of people were expecting to see a big homerun acquisition, but those just aren't typically done during the season. With the way the Avs have played, they just needed decent players to help with the depth. Now the Avs group of Cs is MacKinnon, Kadri, Soda, Jost, PEB...which is better than without Soda.

I don't know if Soda slots above Jost, or even PEB. If he is, great, but it gives us more center depth if injuries hit which was our biggest need.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
He was pretty bad on the dots when he was here im not sure that's improved. Not even sure he plays on the PK considering they use Jost, Belly, Nuke and Compher. When healthy they have LOC there who is probably the best penalty killing forward. I guess its just another option for Jared to have.
It’s good insurance when half the team gets injured again, lol

Reactions: The Kingslayer

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Interesting that Sakic went after two depth guys who are already familiar with Bednar's system. That was probably a big consideration here.

Dubnyk also knows our system well.

upload_2021-4-12_14-38-3.jpeg

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m digging our depth now.

Landy - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nuke - Kadri - Burakovsky
Saad - Jost - Donskoi
LOC - Big Carl - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Kaut
Sherwood - Newhook - LOB

Girard - Toews
Byram - Makar
Graves - MacDonald
Nemeth - Timmins
Renouf

Grubauer
Dubnyk
Johansson

Reactions: Kaizer and PAZ

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’m digging our depth now.

Landy - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nuke - Kadri - Burakovsky
Saad - Jost - Donskoi
LOC - Big Carl - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Kaut
Sherwood - Newhook - LOB

Girard - Toews
Byram - Makar
Graves - MacDonald
Nemeth - Timmins
Renouf

Grubauer
Dubnyk
Johansson
I still wouldn't mind another D. Oleksiak for JTC or something

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I was hoping for Laughton, but I did get a bottom six depth piece who can play C, so I shouldn't be disappointed.

Price once again flat nothing. I feel like Sakic really deserves praise for paying so little for his depth acquisitions.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Soda has nothing in the tank come the first round of playoffs don’t like this move much.

Maybe that's the point, use him 25% of the time until the playoffs and then see if he can give a little more, if needed. As it is now probably just a chance to give guys a night off to rest and stay healthy. The way Kadri has been playing recently maybe he could use a few days off and try Jost on the 2nd line to see what happens. Bellemare plays a hard game so give him a few nights off before end of the season. Then Carl gets to watch from the box unless needed in the playoffs.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Interesting that Sakic went after two depth guys who are already familiar with Bednar's system. That was probably a big consideration here.

No time to practice with condensed season has to be a big factor. Also you know the team chemistry will be ok personality wise

Reactions: Richard88

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Soderberg play some LW in Boston and Sweden? With Jost playing well, I hope Bednar plays around with the this. Might help Soda giving him less burden with the skating and 2 way play while also allowing him to be a big 2 way winger who can crash the net.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Soderberg play some LW in Boston and Sweden? With Jost playing well, I hope Bednar plays around with the this. Might help Soda giving him less burden with the skating and 2 way play while also allowing him to be a big 2 way winger who can crash the net.
He struggles to play wing because of his blind eye.

“When I played wing it was very hard for me,” he said. “When I played left wing and posted up (on a breakout) I never see the D coming. It feels more comfortable to be in the middle of the ice.”

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
In the 44 games we have played Arizona this year he’s been invisible. Doesn’t move the needle.

Reactions: McMetal

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very good depth and it cost nothing. I had no confidence in Rolston becoming anything worth in the NHL.

In Soda defense that last playoffs with us I believe he was just too tired. He played 2C for us and was leaned on heavily by Bednar and I think he just ran out of gas. He was also snake bitten in the playoffs. This is a good pickup for this run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad