Coaching is a serious problem.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He was good in the AHL. I just didn't like how he was treated because he wasn't francophone. The idiocy of Gauthier and Molson was the cause
Was doomed the second it happened. Molson had the backbone of a jelly fish. He could have ended that nonsense right then.

Reactions: Habano

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Quiet after a much improved performance.

Issues last night were just related to communication on pinching or aggressive defenseman.
Last night was mostly just an effort improvement to retrieve puck and pressure puck carriers. The execution was still very sloppy, even on the offense without the D activating.

Still a lots of work for the coaches.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I would like them to look at Carolina : in spite of personal changes (Hamilton, Pesce, Skeji... over the past years) they keep playing an aggressive forecheck game and pure zone defense in their Dzone which makes them one of the most consistent teams over the past years.

For me it s hard to argue that CAR defense squad is made of great Dmen but they buy in a very efficient system which yields convincing results.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If these guys remotely brought something it would be somewhat digestible but other than Gallagher hustling these guys bring nothing. The old Armia is back, Anderson skates miles and miles to nowhere and I haven't figured out what Dvorak has ever brought.
Anderson has been part of the solution in making the PK top-3 in the NHL so far. Evans/Anderson/Gallagher line has showed up and outperformed their competition in almost all of their games

Reactions: ryan callahan

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Last night was mostly just an effort improvement to retrieve puck and pressure puck carriers. The execution was still very sloppy, even on the offense with the D activating.

Yeah we still have a team that has to out work it's opponents or bust.
That isn't going to change anytime soon.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I would like them to look at Carolina : in spite of personal changes (Hamilton, Pesce, Skeji... over the past years) they keep playing an aggressive forecheck game and pure zone defense in their Dzone which makes them one of the most consistent teams over the past years.

For me it s hard to argue that CAR defense squad is made of great Dmen but they buy in a very efficient system which yields convincing results.
How long has Brind’Amour been part of that coaching staff 13-yrs? 6-yrs as head coach? He was also responsible for roster player development as assistant coach when hired in 2011… it took Canes players years to cultivate that culture of understanding Rod the Bod’s system and then there’s the time it took to incorporate their drafted talent ..

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
How long has Brind’Amour been part of that coaching staff 13-yrs? 6-yrs as head coach? He was also responsible for roster player development as assistant coach when hired in 2011… it took Canes players years to cultivate that culture of understanding Rod the Bod’s system

He has been head coach since 18-19. Since then they have had great stats and have qualified for the playoffs. They have one top 5 pick (Svechnikov) in their lineup.
I disagree with the years it took for them to buy in esp. when you see how well player like Chatfield Ghost Burns have been included in the system. I think the Habs should take a page from Brind'Amour's book.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Quiet after a much improved performance.

Issues last night were just related to communication on pinching or aggressive defenseman.
That's all most of us want. The wins and losses are not at the top of my list but I do want to see them competitive and learning how to play a solid NHL game.

Management raised expectations with the in the mix comments and it really isn't much of an expectation to see a group of NHLers playing like they belong in the league.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's all most of us want. The wins and losses are not at the top of my list but I do want to see them competitive and learning how to play a solid NHL game.

Management raised expectations with the in the mix comments and it really isn't much of an expectation to see a group of NHLers playing like they belong in the league.
I agree the special teams improvement is appreciated but the falloff 5v5 was totally unacceptable.
We are not out of the woods by a long shot yet. I didn't think the Blues were particularly good.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Last night was mostly just an effort improvement to retrieve puck and pressure puck carriers. The execution was still very sloppy, even on the offense without the D activating.

It's like they can't win with some fans. The past few weeks it was all about the D zone coverage, they do well in that regard and the improvement is dismissed as if it wasn't the system working as intended and then you change the goal posts and bring up something different.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He has been head coach since 18-19. Since then they have had great stats and have qualified for the playoffs. They have one top 5 pick (Svechnikov) in their lineup.
I disagree with the years it took for them to buy in esp. when you see how well player like Chatfield Ghost Burns have been included in the system. I think the Habs should take a page from Brind'Amour's book.
I don’t disagree with the notion - but Ron Francis brought on Brind’Amour in 2011 to be an assistant coach responsible for player development of their NHL roster including implementing a system which both Kirk Muller & Bill Peters were responsible for using & growing the team but neither were able to fully have success with

It’s not only top-10 picks, Canes under Tulsky’s reign as AGM have had quite a bit of success hit w their 1st rounders Aho, Jarvis, Necas, Morrow & Nadeau are up & coming - Tulsky was working part time for Canes when he recommended Aho to Francis in 2015

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anderson has been part of the solution in making the PK top-3 in the NHL so far. Evans/Anderson/Gallagher line has showed up and outperformed their competition in almost all of their games
I hope they succeed I really do. As a proud Habs fan I always want them to win! They showed up last night...let's see if they show up tonight. Veterans generally are pretty consistent.

Reactions: morhilane

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Good game yesterday by the top 6 but they need to do it again against a Flyers team that is in good spirits after a great game by their 1st line yesterday. Could be an entertaining bout.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good game yesterday by the top 6 but they need to do it again against a Flyers team that is in good spirits after a great game by their 1st line yesterday. Could be an entertaining bout.
Hopefully hometown boy Primeau steps up, that will be key. One thing you can always count on is that Torterella will have his team ready. Good thing is that both teams played yesterday.

Reactions: morhilane

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Agreed. Anderson has been a surprising (good surprising) revelation on PK

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad