Coaching is a serious problem.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
20 million of your cap space goes to Gallagher, Anderson, Armia and Dvorak. Bergevin's legacy.
If they can find someone to take Andy or gally in the summer they should buy them out and be done with it.

Bergy really Fd up the salary cap with shitty contracts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If they can find someone to take Andy or gally in the summer they should buy them out and be done with it.

If these guys remotely brought something it would be somewhat digestible but other than Gallagher hustling these guys bring nothing. The old Armia is back, Anderson skates miles and miles to nowhere and I haven't figured out what Dvorak has ever brought.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Word salad because it’s bang on and you being a MSL fan boy can’t admit he needs to be better.
Calling me a fanboy is not an answer. Nothing that you said earlier is an answer. I asked you a specific question and you came back with rantings.
If the PP sucks, they work on it in practice, they change the personelle, they watch video, they adapt what they are doing, etc That’s coaching, same applies to all the deficiencies I already outlined. Coaches figure out what’s not working, individually and as a group and find ways to improve. That’s what he is getting paid a lot to do. 32nd isn’t good enough.

Are you going to tell me coaching doesn’t need to be better when this team is last or near last in every defensive category. Players need to be better, and coaching staff needs to be better. He needs to figure it out.

Shit, play the trap if need be. If guys are not working, put them in the stands. Call a time out once in a while, lol. Clearly what they are doing now isn’t going very well.

If you can’t see it or admit it then there isn’t much more to discuss. Bye.
This is exactly what I’m taking about. The PP is working at 23.5 percent. So why are you bringing this up? You have no idea what’s going on here. We’re losing so you scream at the coach. It’s dumb.

You don’t seem to have any real ideas here. Saying ‘play more defensively’ isnt saying anything at all.

The team is doing poorly and you’re sitting there without any real clue screaming “The coach sucks! Fire him!”

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think MSL simply doesn't have enough good players or experienced enough D to make any system work. Rebuild is on going.
And you may be right. But it’s very clear that the players aren’t executing. You can’t lay that on the coach. They are inexperienced and that kind of thing is expected.

They’ve decided to go with this system for a reason and I’m pretty sure MSL wouldn’t make that decision anyway n his own. They may just be thinking that it’ll take time but they’ll be better for it in the long run.

Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I think the woman behind the bench in Seattle has more experience coaching than MSL.

New coach for Les Canadiens?

1729914033171.png

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
And you may be right. But it’s very clear that the players aren’t executing. You can’t lay that on the coach. They are inexperienced and that kind of thing is expected.

They’ve decided to go with this system for a reason and I’m pretty sure MSL wouldn’t make that decision anyway n his own. They may just be thinking that it’ll take time but they’ll be better for it in the long run.

7 games into the year,

Most of the players are playing like crap, compared to how we know they can play,

Most of the players get a pass... season just started, etc.

But the coach? Fire him?

smh

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
7 games into the year,

Most of the players are playing like crap, compared to how we know they can play,

But the coach? Fire him?

smh
Look, I don’t know either. I thought we’d be better and we aren’t. Maybe a new coach helps things. But there’s no doubt that it’s more than just a coaching issue going on.

On the roster front, Dach has to be better. We really needed him to play well and he’s killing us. It puts the whole team out of whack. We knew the D would be rough but the first line had played so well and Dach was supposed to be a shot in the arm. Instead it’s a shot to the head. He’s not just rusty, he’s brutal. And now the injury bug’s killing us again. Those are beyond coaching issues and you have to take it into consideration.

Let’s at least give it to game 20. Hopefully by then the team has found its feet. It’s still very early.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

I don't see why they should do that. Both players are great 3rd liners. I don't see anyone else who can replace them. Nobody will take a chance on these guys anyways in a trade.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
7 games into the year,

But the coach? Fire him?

smh
Right and a new coach will do better how? Team got messed up by a certain BargainBin. Fixing it will take time. It's clear that Dach is not part of the solution now. They tried. Nothing wrong with that.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Mario Tremblay won 5 Cups and played under Scotty Bowman for about 7 years, we saw how great of a coach Mario became....

I think MSL simply doesn't have enough good players or experienced enough D to make any system work. Rebuild is on going.
I never liked Mario Tremblay. He was staying low behind Jacques Lemaire.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Right and a new coach will do better how? Team got messed up by a certain BargainBin. Fixing it will take time. It's clear that Dach is not part of the solution now. They tried. Nothing wrong with that.
I’m not calling for St. Louis to get fired right this moment but one of the most important things I think they need to do during this rebuild is break the language barrier for head coaches. It’s going to cripple any success we have in the future. We can’t keep playing with a handicap to 31 other teams.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Laine - injured
Reinbacher - injured
Guhle - injured
Dach - a shadow of former self after a serious injury

What are people expecting from MSL? We were a bottom 10 team even with all of them healthy and on 100% form.
The only player from last year’s roster is Guhle and were playing worse this year than last year.

Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much.

No one should call for MSL’s head either, but he should do a better job of coaching. These issues are not sudden or new. We’ve always been tactically naive. It’s time to shape it up.

Reactions: ryan callahan

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Delete

The only player from last year’s roster is Guhle and were playing worse this year than last year.

Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much.

No one should call for MSL’s head either, but he should do a better job of coaching. These issues are not sudden or new. We’ve always been tactically naive. It’s time to shape it up.
"Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much."
THIS

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Blaming the coach for results 100% of Habs fans expected is a weird flex.

IMO, NHL coaches get too much credit/blame period, but I loved MSL response about not listening people he’s never go to see to get advice from, was maybe the hardest line ever dropped for a Head Coach of this team.

I'm pretty indifferent about Head Coaching in general (roster composition matters much more IMO), but MSL might be him after that one lol

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Let me get this straight. I'm reading a few posts thinking MT would be good to bring back? And many more posts of people worried MT could be brought back ? WTF.

First group , talk to your friends and tell them what you said. You need help.

Second group, don't be so insecure, don't worry about MT being brought back, it's not happening.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Laine - injured
Reinbacher - injured
Guhle - injured

What are people expecting from MSL? We were a bottom 10 team even with all of them healthy and on 100% form.
This is the NHL FFS.

Maybe showing us that as professional hockey players they can string two consecutive passes together to break the neutral zone?
Injuries are not a valid excuse for our inability to make even the basic of plays like the giving and receiving of four foot passes.
Only Guhle was here last season and we have added talent like Hutson Kapanen and Heineman.

The level of execution is shocking and it's certainly what has me on edge.
I'm glad they practice those competitive drills they seem so proud of but maybe work on some basic skills first?

I'd be giving them passing drills at this point f*** up a simple play drop and give us 20.
The level of execution that I've seen from day one is not acceptable for an NHL team it's just not.

We are very quick at coming up with excuses but watching the opposition do the things we can't is frustrating.
Every team we've played regardless of their roster have been able to complete simple plays from day one.
Every single one of them and with no excuses.

Give me some of this and just maybe I won't be so inclined to gift my tickets. :help:

Last edited:

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Laine - injured
Reinbacher - injured
Guhle - injured

I get all of this however what is troubling to me is the development of how we are wanting to play when it really matters.

If we're going to be the run around our zone and be a hope for the best type of team, then we aren't going to be successful in the future. No team has played like we do and won anything. It will not work. So why aren't we implementing a system that will make us defensively viable.

The first year, I didn't really care. It bothered me last year because why wouldn't we want to get a system in place and mould it to our strengths and weaknesses. Not implementing anything this year is disturbing especially with all the injuries because having that in place gives us the best chance to be competitive. None of it makes sense to me but maybe Marty has something up his sleeve and we'll be see it soon enough. Until then, I'll be somewhat of a quiet critic.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The line up is ugly. I would have problem with the coaching if we had the Rangers New york with that and 2-5-2. But MSL cannot do more with that line up. I count maybe 8/9 players on their wrong chair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad