Coaching is a serious problem.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
20 million of your cap space goes to Gallagher, Anderson, Armia and Dvorak. Bergevin's legacy.
If they can find someone to take Andy or gally in the summer they should buy them out and be done with it.

Bergy really Fd up the salary cap with shitty contracts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If they can find someone to take Andy or gally in the summer they should buy them out and be done with it.

If these guys remotely brought something it would be somewhat digestible but other than Gallagher hustling these guys bring nothing. The old Armia is back, Anderson skates miles and miles to nowhere and I haven't figured out what Dvorak has ever brought.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Word salad because it’s bang on and you being a MSL fan boy can’t admit he needs to be better.
Calling me a fanboy is not an answer. Nothing that you said earlier is an answer. I asked you a specific question and you came back with rantings.
If the PP sucks, they work on it in practice, they change the personelle, they watch video, they adapt what they are doing, etc That’s coaching, same applies to all the deficiencies I already outlined. Coaches figure out what’s not working, individually and as a group and find ways to improve. That’s what he is getting paid a lot to do. 32nd isn’t good enough.

Are you going to tell me coaching doesn’t need to be better when this team is last or near last in every defensive category. Players need to be better, and coaching staff needs to be better. He needs to figure it out.

Shit, play the trap if need be. If guys are not working, put them in the stands. Call a time out once in a while, lol. Clearly what they are doing now isn’t going very well.

If you can’t see it or admit it then there isn’t much more to discuss. Bye.
This is exactly what I’m taking about. The PP is working at 23.5 percent. So why are you bringing this up? You have no idea what’s going on here. We’re losing so you scream at the coach. It’s dumb.

You don’t seem to have any real ideas here. Saying ‘play more defensively’ isnt saying anything at all.

The team is doing poorly and you’re sitting there without any real clue screaming “The coach sucks! Fire him!”

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think MSL simply doesn't have enough good players or experienced enough D to make any system work. Rebuild is on going.
And you may be right. But it’s very clear that the players aren’t executing. You can’t lay that on the coach. They are inexperienced and that kind of thing is expected.

They’ve decided to go with this system for a reason and I’m pretty sure MSL wouldn’t make that decision anyway n his own. They may just be thinking that it’ll take time but they’ll be better for it in the long run.

Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I think the woman behind the bench in Seattle has more experience coaching than MSL.

New coach for Les Canadiens?

1729914033171.png

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
And you may be right. But it’s very clear that the players aren’t executing. You can’t lay that on the coach. They are inexperienced and that kind of thing is expected.

They’ve decided to go with this system for a reason and I’m pretty sure MSL wouldn’t make that decision anyway n his own. They may just be thinking that it’ll take time but they’ll be better for it in the long run.

7 games into the year,

Most of the players are playing like crap, compared to how we know they can play,

Most of the players get a pass... season just started, etc.

But the coach? Fire him?

smh

Reactions: HabzSauce

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
7 games into the year,

Most of the players are playing like crap, compared to how we know they can play,

But the coach? Fire him?

smh
Look, I don’t know either. I thought we’d be better and we aren’t. Maybe a new coach helps things. But there’s no doubt that it’s more than just a coaching issue going on.

On the roster front, Dach has to be better. We really needed him to play well and he’s killing us. It puts the whole team out of whack. We knew the D would be rough but the first line had played so well and Dach was supposed to be a shot in the arm. Instead it’s a shot to the head. He’s not just rusty, he’s brutal. And now the injury bug’s killing us again. Those are beyond coaching issues and you have to take it into consideration.

Let’s at least give it to game 20. Hopefully by then the team has found its feet. It’s still very early.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Laine - injured
Reinbacher - injured
Guhle - injured
Dach - a shadow of former self after a serious injury

What are people expecting from MSL? We were a bottom 10 team even with all of them healthy and on 100% form.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

I don't see why they should do that. Both players are great 3rd liners. I don't see anyone else who can replace them. Nobody will take a chance on these guys anyways in a trade.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
7 games into the year,

But the coach? Fire him?

smh
Right and a new coach will do better how? Team got messed up by a certain BargainBin. Fixing it will take time. It's clear that Dach is not part of the solution now. They tried. Nothing wrong with that.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Mario Tremblay won 5 Cups and played under Scotty Bowman for about 7 years, we saw how great of a coach Mario became....

I think MSL simply doesn't have enough good players or experienced enough D to make any system work. Rebuild is on going.
I never liked Mario Tremblay. He was staying low behind Jacques Lemaire.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Right and a new coach will do better how? Team got messed up by a certain BargainBin. Fixing it will take time. It's clear that Dach is not part of the solution now. They tried. Nothing wrong with that.
I’m not calling for St. Louis to get fired right this moment but one of the most important things I think they need to do during this rebuild is break the language barrier for head coaches. It’s going to cripple any success we have in the future. We can’t keep playing with a handicap to 31 other teams.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Laine - injured
Reinbacher - injured
Guhle - injured
Dach - a shadow of former self after a serious injury

What are people expecting from MSL? We were a bottom 10 team even with all of them healthy and on 100% form.
The only player from last year’s roster is Guhle and were playing worse this year than last year.

Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much.

No one should call for MSL’s head either, but he should do a better job of coaching. These issues are not sudden or new. We’ve always been tactically naive. It’s time to shape it up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Delete

The only player from last year’s roster is Guhle and were playing worse this year than last year.

Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much.

No one should call for MSL’s head either, but he should do a better job of coaching. These issues are not sudden or new. We’ve always been tactically naive. It’s time to shape it up.
"Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much."
THIS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad