Coaching is a serious problem.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Start playing like the end of last year? You mean when they lost 23 of their final 32 games?
We weren't losing how we are losing right now, there's a difference. I don't think we're as bad as everyone thinks right now. If anything it's good for this team to face the adversity now, learn from it and grow as the season progresses.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Interesting to see what this thread will look like in 3 months.

Are we going to see growth, and start playing like how we ended last year?

or

the world ends.

Looking at the state of world geopolitics, I'd say we probably could witness both at the same time the way things are headed...

Reactions: Hacketts

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Start playing like the end of last year? You mean when they lost 23 of their final 32 games?
That is the absolute truth of it.
There are no segments in any of these past three seasons that show us winning multiple games in a row.
Putting two together is a challenge all on it's own.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We weren't losing how we are losing right now, there's a difference. I don't think we're as bad as everyone thinks right now. If anything it's good for this team to face the adversity now, learn from it and grow as the season progresses.
Yeah, it’s so ugly. And the analytics are worse than we could’ve imagined.

Nothing is going right and injuries have been brutal.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In this thread? The world ends no matter what happens.
I have to believe that the injuries are a huge issue, having the greenest D Corp ever iced on an NHL team is a huge issue. They are basically looking like an expansion team which in reality should surprise no one. A healthy Habs team is in the mix...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Interesting to see what this thread will look like in 3 months.

Are we going to see growth, and start playing like how we ended last year?

or

the world ends.
Why is Marty going to improve in some of the areas he's been criticized for?
Can someone point out even one thing that looks any different from what we've experienced these past couple of seasons?
I don't even expect our special teams numbers will stand the test of time it's the same ole same ole.
The devil is in the details.

Reactions: Habano

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It’s ugly now but it was ugly last year too. They showed some fight but really it was one line that was hot then randomly Armia started playing well with Newhook.

But I agree there’s some regression, we are chasing the play. That’s not simply a personnel issue but a coaching one. We’ve seen teams with Patrice Brisebois as the 1D be better than this.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad